RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - Welcome to the GT Forum. Posts here are to help with issues and questions related to your Guzzi & GT products - However, always use the Search feature first, as most topics have been well covered. Please see our store tab above; Off-site hyperlinks for competing products/companies will be deleted. Note we are still largely a one man operation; We are NOT Amazon, so do not expect that level of service. Orders can take a week or more to ship, and PLEASE refrain from using the Contact form here to ask about your order status OR questions best posted to the Forum. If you must reach out, reply on the actual order email with number. Refunds can take 5-45 days after processed in our system... we have no control over this. We cannot offer personal support to your questions, problems or issues unless related to a product you bought from us here. NO phone calls can be made - please do not ask. We are online ONLY. Thank you for your understanding and business, past and future. In SoCal? Visit GTMotocycles.com for all of your Service needs, or click the Service tab above.

Not exactly a ride out

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Robert Gibson, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Site Contributor!

Having endured lack of mobility and pain for the past few years after a not at fault motorcycle accident many many years ago I finally opted for ankle fusion surgery which meant I would lose movement in the ankle joint but more importantly lose the constant pain. Ability to ride hopefully should not be affected (thanks MG for a heel and toe shifter), but unfortunately the summer has been written off. Anyhow just thought I would post some photos of my back yard and a small purchase that my ever supportive wife bought to assist my speedy recovery.
    If I can offer advice to anyone involved in an accident, sue the ass of the other party as you don't know how you will be affected in the years to come.

Attached Files:

GT-Rx® and Bill Hagan like this.
  2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT Founder!

Hope you heal well and quickly and you have no more pain from that ankle. Now remember with that metal in you you need to be careful about later infections. That area will be susceptible. Even take antibiotics before going to the dentist.

Bill Hagan and Robert Gibson like this.
  3. Robert Gibson

Never even thought about that, many thanks, I'll take it on board.

4. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan High Miler GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    My brother lost many months to a crash in 2015-16, then many more to a post-crash-surgery infection.

Best wishes that your own experience is better.

FWIW, he just bought another Guzzi so all is well.:)

Best wishes from the top of Virginia, U.S.A..

Bill

Robert Gibson and GT-Rx® like this.
  5. Robert Gibson

Many thanks
    The up side is the sun is shining and recovery is progressing, all being well I will take the bike to a German organised custom Harley event in Mallorca at the end of October. Just happens to coincide with Oktoberfest