RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - Be sure to check in on the GuzziTech Store, link/tab above. Thanks to your support, we will continue to bring to market our 100% Made-in-the-USA GT products here based on your input. Also note, we are subject to the delays of Italian made products this time of year, so thanks in advance for your patience on those orders... and PLEASE refrain from using the Contact form here to ask about your order Status, or questions best posted to the Forum or better yet, try a search. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something you’ve purchased from us. We do not have a phone number; We are online only. You will find us highly responsive via the Contact form with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future.
  2. Ciao Guest - Our Small Business discount... Now through December 15th, enjoy Free Priority Shipping (on most items) for any orders over $99 in our online Store linked above, use gtholidayfreeship99 code at checkout. We wish you the best for the Holiday Season.

Performed my first V7 III oil change.

Discussion in 'V7/V9 Chat & Tech' started by John Backlund, Oct 11, 2017.

1. John Backlund

John Backlund Tuned and Synch'ed GT Site Contributor!

Didn't go too bad, rolled the V7 onto my trusty Harbor Freight lift table late yesterday afternoon, dumped the sump oil and removed the old filter.

Then I left it on the lift and walked away from it, letting the old oil drip out all night.

I went to the nearby Dollar General store and bought a clear plastic jug that was marked in milliliters in 500 ml increments up to 4000 ml.
    IMG_20171011_202850248.jpg

I filled the jug up to the 2000 ml mark...
    IMG_20171011_203001674_HDR.jpg
    ...and using a long-spout funnel, (slowly) poured it into the engine.

I didn't bother messing around with the dipstick, knowing the prescribed 2000 ml went into the motor.

I ran it 20 miles immediately after the change, and the bike didn't leak or blow up, so I figure things are good.

If you got this far, thanks for your patience.

2. Poppe

Poppe Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Site Contributor!

Nice! I can't wait to get tools for my bike to start doing my own work. Mine are such a hodge podge of random stuff that even changing a light bulb is difficult. Ha! But soon enough that won't be the case.

3. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

That's the total capacity, you might have overfilled it. I recommend you check your level with the dipstick, otherwise expect some oil in your air filter.

4. John Backlund

John Backlund Tuned and Synch'ed GT Site Contributor!

I'll check it. Thanks.