RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - Welcome to the GT Forum. Posts here are to help with issues and questions related to your Guzzi & GT products - However, always use the Search feature first, as most topics have been well covered. Please see our store tab above; Off-site hyperlinks for competing products/companies will be deleted. Note we are still largely a one man operation; We are NOT Amazon, so do not expect that level of service. Orders can take a week or more to ship, and PLEASE refrain from using the Contact form here to ask about your order status OR questions best posted to the Forum. If you must reach out, reply on the actual order email with number. Refunds can take 5-45 days after processed in our system... we have no control over this. We cannot offer personal support to your questions, problems or issues unless related to a product you bought from us here. NO phone calls can be made - please do not ask. We are online ONLY. Thank you for your understanding and business, past and future. In SoCal? Visit GTMotocycles.com for all of your Service needs, or click the Service tab above.

Radial Tire Thread

Discussion in 'V7/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Bncprf, Mar 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Bncprf

Bncprf Just got it firing!

Thinking about trying the road attack 3's for my 2016 V7 II Stone. Any thoughts on switching to radials?

Wild Bunch likes this.
  2. Bncprf

Not yet available, but should be available in stock sizes soon, according to Continental. Sizes already posted on Revzilla website.

3. Bncprf

How about upsides to radials on V7? Any advantage to ride quality from radials?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  4. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for posting about them. Look forward to trying a pair. For those in SoCal, I will stock a pair at my GT Moto shop in Orange.
    Tire discussions are endless. Feel and less flat-prone are the two biggest factors to me. Bias ply tires were developed in the days of carbs and points.

roadscum and Stradagene like this.
  5. Bncprf

Thanks! I plan to try a set when they become available. I will replace my rear shocks at the same time. I'm not a fan of the stock Olle's.

6. Seasider

Seasider Just got it firing!

I've got the Conti Road Attack 2 radials on my V7 Stone and prefer them to the other two brands I've had (non-radials). The ride quality is good. I plan to go a size wider to 110 on the front tyre when it needs replacing, as the 100 section Conti tyre is narrower than the Pirelli Sport Demon, presumably due to a different (more curved) profile.

Wild Bunch, Biffalo and Stradagene like this.
  7. Bncprf

Thanks for the info on width. I will go 110 on the front as well. I like the Sport Demons but I am biased in favor of radials. Pun intended!

farmboy460 likes this.
  8. jpv7

jpv7 Tuned and Synch'ed

Just wondering if it would be ok to run these with inner tubes. I have a spoked Special.

9. Bncprf

I don't have any experience with tubes in radials. Hopefully someone else will chime in!

10. GT-Rx®

Yes, not a problem just be sure to run heavy duty tubes (or those spec'ed for radial use).

Stradagene likes this.
  11. RandomGRK

RandomGRK Tuned and Synch'ed GT Site Contributor!

Ok...I'm a little embarrassed to ask this.

The V7 Racer has tubed tires according to the manual and to this forum.

However, when I go to the Pirelli website input V7 Racer, it tells me the best tires are the tube less Sport Demons.

In my search for a suitable tire, all I need to know is whether I need to buy Tubed or Tube less. The topic of Which tire is best is available in the Tire Thread.

Again, apologies for the dumb question but for some reason, this has me baffled.
    Capture.PNG

12. Kev M

Kev M Cruisin' Guzzisti

It's ok to use a tubeless tire in a tube application, just not vice versa.

13. RandomGRK

Thanks Kev, so the simple answer is, I can use either tubed or tube less tires?

14. GT-Rx®

The Sport Demons are tubeless, but on all spoked rim models (and disappointingly also on the new Stone III cast wheels), they are run with tubes. Common practice for a very long time now to run tubes in tubeless tires as needed.

15. Kev M

Kev M Cruisin' Guzzisti

Todd - really, they installed tubes on the new Stone cast wheels? Any idea why? Did they change the wheel rim at the tire bead?

Yup

16. GT-Rx®

It looks like it, yes. Not sure, but I'm going to pop one off the rim to see, and hopefully convert it back to tubeless with the new Conti radials when they ship (hopefully soon).

17. RandomGRK

Ok thanks guys, so the answer is;

For the V7 Racer or any spoked V7 model, you can use tubeless but must run a tube.

I wasnt sure if I was limited to looking for a tubed tire (TT) or a tubeless (TL).

Kev M likes this.
  18. sib

sib Cruisin' Guzzisti

V7III Stone parts manual shows tires but no tubes.

19. GT-Rx®

Yes, however the stem says otherwise.

20. vagrant

vagrant Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

it just shows how out of touch the factory is. i thought once they wasted all that money putting staff in California they might wake up. DUMB S----!
    I haven't owned a bike with tubes since my new 1990 Mille GT. It's also one of the reasons i sold it.
    I was seriously going to purchase a V7-3 latter this year but now it will be the new Ducati 950 Multi. not a lot of difference in price by the time I get done paying Todd to do the suspension and computer.