• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Re: Bellagio mods

ghezzi

High Miler
GT Contributor
I musta been gooderer coz look wot Santa brung me.

Stage 1 - Lithium battery, under seat battery tray, seat and tail light.
Still to complete - rear guard brackets (BMW R1200GS style) rolled alloy - paint black. Ducati Monster bars.

Stage 2 - Pipes as you see here.
Still to complete - matt black ceramic coating, re-flashed ECU on its way from Todd, K&N + open air box, dyno etc.

Stage 3 - dreaming, polished alloy Mk 1 Le Mans fuel tank with vintage cap at 1 O'clock, maybe followed by alloy Mk 1 Le Mans fairing.

Pipes are only spray painted, installed wet, big storm on the way home. The 2 into 1 design was to incorporate a "little fat chubby" (hey Pete, I understand a little bit of wee came out) Catalytic Convertor to keep the pig sniffers at bay.

BellaPipes014.jpg

Pipemaster's in Brisbane are the creators.
Ignore the alloy muffler bracket - temporary solution. Fancy bracket to match design of rear guard mount.

Bellapipes003.jpg

Re: Exhaust Question

Guard held by double sided sticky, good for 1 sec or 1 meter ..........................."squash" :eek:
Bellapipes004.jpg

Any photoshoppers out there want to reshape my guard? Rizoma LED number plate light and rego label plus (ADR)reflector to be added.
Bellapipes002.jpg

Bellapipes007.jpg

Bellapipes001.jpg

It certainly makes the bike look a alot lighter at the rear. I have a customer who has just bought a set of, I think' Nelson' brand mufflers from NZ. Unfortunately she hasn't been able to fit them as the factory has mis-labled the gaskets and the ones we have are wrong!!! Grrrr.

Pete

New pipe is a big improvement. Well done.

Can't really see how the hugger is attached, but like it too.

Ok, the double pipes look interesting. It really depaends on the angle of the photo as well as the background. In the top photo, they almost disapear. They also look like they have no means of support. Do they bounce up and down as the bike goes down the road? I think an entire stock Griso 8v header and muffler would look good on it. Sometimes too much black all blends together and doesn't photograph well.

Merry Christmas,

Mark

Jlyon99 said:
New pipe is a big improvement. Well done.

Can't really see how the hugger is attached, but like it too.

Held by double sided sticky, to the tyre. :roll: Bracket will mount to rear caliper, same as GS Beemer.

Chicago Mark said:
Ok, the double pipes look interesting. It really depaends on the angle of the photo as well as the background. In the top photo, they almost disapear. They also look like they have no means of support. Do they bounce up and down as the bike goes down the road? I think an entire stock Griso 8v header and muffler would look good on it. Sometimes too much black all blends together and doesn't photograph well.

Merry Christmas,

Mark

Top and 5th photo show triangular alloy muffler bracket, which I stated was a temporary measure.

Well done,I will be keen to see how much adjustment of the throttle bodies is required to get balance. How does it sound and what affect has your headers on power / torque?

ECU is still on a slow red sley from the North side - then we dyno, OK.

As a fellow bellagio owner in the uk i am very interested in what you're doing with your bike and loving the progression. Looking forward to further posts as things develop. I think there is a carc mounted frame that will accept the number plate (stucchi?) maybe this could be adapted to mount your ali hugger?

Merry christmas and good luck with the project.

excellent - I'd be interested in knowing the weight savings but especially the dyno.. ;) keep us posted

Complete standard exhaust, 15.6kg (mufflers 8.3kg)
Standard pillion pegs, 1.2kg
Yuasa battery, 5.2kg
Removal of rear guard, side covers and other crap ................. whatever.

Shoria battery, + 1kg
New exhaust, + I'll let you know ..................

dayum - I knew those mufflers were heavy! :lol:

How is the fueling now? One thing about the bellagio was the fuel injection was pretty good right out of the box - how is it now?

and give us the dyno when you can too :mrgreen:

Got the re-flashed ECU back from Todd, put it in the bike and fired first kick. It hasn't been run for over 2 months since fitting the smallest sized Shorai Lithium battery, thus far I am well pleased.

I rode it around the car park at the dyno shop, with open air box, OEM filter and my new pipes. No flat spots off idle and no popping on the over run. Note: Not tested under load etc.

Fred will fit the K&N filter then dyno tune. The plan was to trial the new ozzy Tune Boy but it is not compatible with the Bellagio ECU, also looked into Cliff Jeffries MyECU but again not compatible with (twin plug) 15M or 5AM ECU's.

So a PC-5 it is with undividual maps for each cylinder. I had bungs for wide band sensors inserted into each header pipe for this purpose. I also unpicked the main wiring loom to move the "Air Temp" sensor to just above and in front of the air cleaner. Would have loved to mount it inside the air box, but a slice & splice would be required.

Next week, visit tig welderto construct bracketry for mufflers and mudguard .....................
And the sparky to create a few mods while the pipes are being ceramic coated.

Up ya go, good to see someone doin things. Apart from a second wide band sensor and bung what did you have to do to the PC5 to enable seperate cylinder maps?

Hi Charlie, the original exhaust system had an Oxygen sensor mounted in the collector. This is called a "closed loop" system. Upto a certain percentage throttle opening or specific rpm, this sensor has final say on the air/fuel ratio.
Therefore regardless of any other ECU manipulation the bike will continue to run lean, and too lean in relation to the requirements of my new exhaust and intake.

With the Guzzi Tech re-flash, the O2 feature within the ECU has been turned off, so now I have an "open loop" system. Now with the PC-5 installed we are able to reset the air/fuel ratio across the entire rpm range, and the PC has facility to run individual maps/cylinder.

However, requirments of Dyno tuning are we need to know what the air/fuel ratios are. If you insert a probe in the end of the exhaust you get combined exhaust gases, we need to have a sensor inserted into each header pipe, approx 6" from the port. Once the program is set, the sensors can be removed.

Hope I haven't bored you with too much bullshit.

For the record, all I was asked to do was to delete the lambda.
Any PC-V is a keystroke away from enabling multiple cylinder mapping options. Older technology of "Tuning Link" utilized an air/fuel pump and probe. New technology uses the same technology as AutoTune, hence why it is offered. It is the strongest/dynamic technology option of a PC-V. A dual sensor/lambda (AT-300) is now available for those wanting dynamic individual cylinder mapping. This would require 02-sensor/lambda bung installation.

Todd--
Technical Advisor to Dynojet for all things Guzzi
Certified PC and Tuning Link Tech

Hi Todd, good to see you on the mend.
I was amazed on my 60 sec carpark ride how cleanly the bike performed with just the lambda function removed.
Would have been good to dyno just to see how far out the A/F was. Hindsight .................. :huh:

Gday Ghezzi bored no, but confused yes. Am I right in thinking that you used a Lambda probe in each header to create a fuel map and then removed the probes? I have a PC5 Auto Tune and Todds reflash in my 06 Griso and am mighty impressed by it- money well spent. Obviously individual cylinder maps would be the ducks guts but what sort of cost are we looking at ? Why remove the probes, when with them in ,the system would be "dynamic"
Cheers . Charlie

Todd would be the best man to answer that question ................ accurately.
All open loop systems operate without a lambda sensor, but they do have bungs in each header pipe. My cali had them just prior to the balance chamber under the gearbox. For tuning purposes, setting idle mixtures etc a sensor would be inserted and adjustments made via laptop or Axone or whatever.

I have now converted from closed loop (O2 sensor in collector) to open loop where my bikes ECU has no need of its input.

The wide band sensors are connected to the Dyno's computer (not the bikes ECU) and are used to guage/measure my A/F ratios. From these numbers we can manually adjust and reprogamme my bikes ECU & maps (via a laptop) until all is sweet and lovely (any auto tune function would be in the Dyno computer). The sensors are removed and I ride away with a big smile. :D

My understanding is that Todds full system (PC-5, Auto Tune & O2 Optimizer) negates the need to visit a dyno, Its a brilliant way to go if you are continually upgrading your bikes volumetric efficiency.

Personaly I am averse to multiple plug ins, add ons etc, I've done all my V/E mods in one go. The reason I like Tune Boy and MyECU systems, there is only ever one computer on board. My previous Cali Stone had its first PC III shit itself and the 2nd also malfunctioned and needed reflashing and retuning again. :x

Back