• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Sales Statistics

Oaktree

Just got it firing!
Does anyone know the number of Stelvios sold in the US market per year? ...or the number of new Guzzis in general?

There's some interesting statistics here: http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-news/statistics/motorcycle-sales-statistics.htm

The net is full of articles that make a correlation of bike sales to fuel prices. However, US fuel prices plunged in 2009 (simultaneous w/ the fall in motorcycle sales volume), but rather quickly rebounded to very close to the highs in 2008: http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx

The volume of motorcycle sales has not rebounded to the same degree.

I guess what I'm most interested in is how is Guzzi doing with regard to gaining market share, particularly in the dual sport market w/ the Stelvio?

BMW has been gaining sales rapidly from the webbikeworld article. In my completely biased opinion, though, they've sold their soul to do it.

I'm still on track to pick up a new Stelvio NTX this fall - I've been planning my next new bike purchase for two years, and still the Stelvio holds out as my top pick.

Don't know about the US, but the UK has a handy 'How Many Left' website that tells you how many of a certain vehicle are registered in each year. According to the site there are 252 registered in the UK
http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=✓&q=stelvio

Just for comparison, they say there are 2149 Triumph Explorers registered, 1964 Multistradas, 622 Super Tens, 68 Caponord 1200, 356 KTM Adv, 571 Crosstourers, 122 V-Strom 1000 and shitloads of GSs

Cheers
Rob

Last edited:
Let's face it. Guzzi needs to clear their name from being associated with decent bikes with detail problems that the owner has to fix because company ignores them. Even the same problem across models that has been going on for years they won't fix. An example is the wiring to the starter relay. People expect quality for what these things cost. If Fred loves his Guzzi but talks about how it wouldn't start one day and he had to rewire it or how the abs gets air in it that he has to bleed out it is a pretty god bet his buddy will think hard about that reliable Japanese bike with a decent warranty.
There is something about a Guzzi you don't appreciate till you own one. A lot of people I know ask me why I would buy another after all the trouble I had with the first one. That is the mentality Guzzi needs to overcome and I see no solid attempt.

Global production rumors over the years is between 8-11k units (all models). From what I know, <50 were brought into the US in 2009 (Mine was #36 in the country in '09). I suspect it's not much more then that to date.

Back