• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Service error

mgmike

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
I took a nice ride on a fast and bumpy road..It had a few large pot holes. No problems on ride.
Headed home fired up bike and service warning popped up when I started..no speedo..abs light and traction control off.
Got home disconnected battery..no further service error, but abs, traction control lights and I am do ZERO MPH through all gears.. GEEZE ...any Ideas..I am pissed..Planning on riding to Vermont from Fla...Oh well may have to take my Harley with 80,000+ miles

I would guess the wheel sensor that the speedo is driven from. I'm not sure if it's the front or rear wheel, but it failing also would affect abs & traction control.

Yep that's what I thought...checked it cleaned reseated...no change....still under warranty don't want to go to deep I appreciate your input..but still pissed shouldn't happen to a bike with 6k miles

I disconnected ECU and battery let her sit overnight hoping the system would reset. No luck Oh well I am hoping I can get to my dealer here in Tallahasse. It is hit or miss reaching him...Or its 200 miles away to Pensacola..

Mike, chase the wire and be sure nothing is pinched or damaged. I'd bet that's what the problem is. Moving things around during the exhaust and PC install might have done it.

I have checked looked under tank did not remove completely. Reseated connectors..No luck. I also used Centurion
to check the fan and it never kicks it on.(I have been wondering about fan for months) I guess its time to pull tank..

I checked through out bike..removed tank looked again..I cannot see any pinched wires or anything disconnected.
Bike runs fine except...no antilock, traction control, cruise control or speedometer......I don't know ....guess I research more..

You might like to consider checking the gaps between the speed indicator discs tone discs mounted to each wheels and the their respective sensors. (part no 887875 & 859792 for both wheels). They should be 0.3 - 2.00 mm (0.012 - 0.079 in). If they are too far away (or even just covered in dirt) this might be causing your issues.

Hello Dave,

Thanks I did check them and clean them...They were within limits. I really don't know how they could move...I surely appreciate your
help. I am at a loss. I spoke to my local dealer he will be back in town Monday. He said don't worry its under warranty and his diagnostics should pinpoint the problem area. I am wondering if the speedometer could be defective. I had it replaced once and what I can gather the processor in the speedo regulates the ABS etc.

Once again Thank-you

Dealer has not returned...so I guess I have to haul bike 200 miles for service..Unless someone has had a similar problem...ABS..TC inop..
no speedometer..and service engine light///HELP Thanks

DEALER ISSUES

The saga continues....My local dealer contacted me. He said no problem Saturday 10:00 A.M.
we will hook the bike up and find out where it is failing. I changed my schedule showed up at 10 promptly.

He was a no show..shop closed no email or phone call from him///I waited to 10:30 left him test no response.
Total B.S.

Gotta love it!!! Oh well I guess its a 400 mile round tip to Pensacola Fl.

The Dealer should have contacted you, anyone would be upset and not want to support that dealer after that. Sounds like a trip to Pensacola is the right thing for you to do.

That the dealer would do that is unbelievable. He will have some lame excuse. As for the initial problem of the service light coming on I notice you say the bike has 6,000 miles on it. There is a scheduled service then and that may be the reason for the initial light. If your dealer, or another, ever hooks up the sytem to check for errors you probably want the service light reset if you have performed the service. Wish I even had a guess for the other problems.
I whine because I only have 3 dealers in a 2-1/2 hour radius. Closest is just over an hour but he has made a bad impression so I go 1-1/2 hour away. Used to have 2 more but they went under. Including the preferred one.

Yea unless he had a terrible accident etc (which I hope was not the case) There is no excuse.
I will be contacting MG and the local Motorcycle Community here. Its a tight knit group and
negative inputs flys quickly. Regarding the service light it came on when I lost my TCC,
CC, anitlock and speedo. The bike runs great but never get over 0 MPH..lol

You mentioned going over rough roads or bumps, check under the rear fender, there's a disconnect plug for the license plate light harness. Mine came loose and rubbed on my rear tire and shorted, causing similar problems to yours. Blew fuses, caused ecu problems, no speed indication, went into limp mode then died eventually. After a few days with the dealer and guzzi tech, they found it. The dealer snipped the harness and wrapped the ends of the wire with electrical tape. That was their fix. I didn't know I didn't have license plate lights until I walked behind my bike at night while running, then I traced the wires and found the "fix." They couldn't take me for a week to fix it, so I fixed it correctly myself. Bunch of bozos.

The Latest

According to dealer my rear wheel is going 5mph at a standstill front sensor error also.
Along with that my CPU rear has errors and the one in the speedo hs errors. He is tryin to get clification rom Guzzi

NO!!! Guzzi has not responded to the dealer. They are still investigating, whatever the hell that means.
The coating is fantastic..It actually runs a bit cooler IMHO, plus once now that I put some miles on it the coating
has not scuffed or scratched. So now I just guess my speed or run with the flow of traffic...

Todd and or anyone

Do you have any contact at MG or at least an email addy? I really need to get my bike resolved!
I have a ride to New England planned that is now up in the air.

Thanks for any advice///

Back