• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio REGISTRY & Pics thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Re:Stelvio out and about pics here...

Oh man, how much time did it take for you to warm up the engine in the morning??????????????????????
Wowwww I don't think I'd ride in such conditions... LOL Got nice hot gloves but I think my fingers would be frozen after 5 km anyway!

tafiole! lopette! :D :silly:

I want to know what all the white stuff is on your bike? Did you blokes have a flour fight in the night?

RJVB wrote:
tafiole! lopette! :D :silly:

Yeah I've got to admit!!! I am and will remain a 'lopette' and a 'tafiole' until I get heating grips or some kind of protection for my hands... Damn it hurts too much!!!:laugh:

:laugh:
Jesus Shit Guzzirider, you must have been bloody cold, it does not matter how good your gear is you must have felt that, and camping as well. I thought it was cold the other day at zero to plus two....well my body was ok it was just my hands, so I must get some heated grip. which ones do you use ? and what other gear do you use to stay warm on a ride like that ?
:eek:hmy:
Cheers Nige

Re:Stelvio Registry

Finally got Dick Eimers (Netherlands) info/photo in the Registry; https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/190/11540

DEimers-Stelvio1.jpg

As well as (and please welcome) Thomas Haefer of TeXas USA:

THaefer-Stelvio05.jpg

PLEASE KEEP THE INFO/PHOTOS COMING FOLKS.

A few photos for TX Thomas H... more in the Registry:

THaefer-Stelvio01.jpg

THaefer-Stelvio20.jpg

THaefer-Stelvio22.jpg

New to this board. I demoed a Griso and a Stelvio on Saturday with one of my riding buddies. Here he is on the Stelvio.

jimstelviocrop1.jpg

pity of the hazy conditions, but otherwise a *great* pic! (got anything similar to put in the Griso picture thread? ;) )

Hi Gang
A cold winters Sunday in good old Blighty

A great Sunday rideout with the Lichfield branch I A M group.
Only 150 mile trip around Shropshire( -2degrees )

Loftyjohn

Perhaps I'm partial John, but clearly you have the best looking ride of the bunch. Thanks for the photos... it's fun to see into the small window here to around the World.

Here's my black Stelvio at the North Cape, Norway, September 21st 2008. Spent three weeks in Norway, Finland and Sweden, 5'000 miles. A truly fantastic experience! The coast from Kristiansand to the Nordkapp is the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen. 2'200 miles of pure bliss. I am working on a detailed travel log, soon to be published on a website. (The motorcycle behaved very well indeed, apart from the known issue of the speedo sensor...)

And here's another one. Dusk in the north of Sweden. Got lost in the forests. Dirt roads, gravel, mud. All good fun!

Nice ones, esp. the 2nd!

Ever since seeing TLWR, I've been wondering how a helmet like that could be - does that shield help against anything and doesn't it create annoying lift or turbulence?

The helmet you see is the BMW Enduro. I wanted an Arai but they don't fit me and they are loud. I like the Beemer helmet beause it's light, very comfortable, warm and - most importantly - quiet up to speeds of 90 mph. The shield does not make too much noise at speed levels below that, turbulence and lift were never a problem. The shield is very good when the sun is low and when experiencing lots of light changes. I was wearing that helmet for three weeks, eight hours a day. On sunny days I leave the visor open and wear sunglasses. No problem as long as you're not travelling on motorways. And it looks cool on a black Stelvio...

Heh, the classy version of TLWR? ;)

I thought you were going to mention low suns, I've got a Glare Reducer for that, which works just fine too. I might try one of those helmets if they're not too much at the usual BMW pricing level ... and as easy to get on and off as my current flip helmet.

Very easy to get on and off. Not cheap, but if you consider quality and durability you're ok.

A classy LWR? Yeah! No camera team, no whining, not one bowl of testicle soup. Just my mate on his Milwaukee Twin and me on the Batbike. Careful route planning, fine equipment and a very loose schedule. Norway is by far the most beautiful country I've ever been to. And I live in Switzerland, where there's plenty of stunning scenery We took our time to explore the coast. A good decision! Then it was Finland (vast) and Sweden (dreadfully boring). So it was LWNABSA (Long Way North And Back South Again).

Here's a pic from above the Polar Circle. No Stelvio in it though B)

I actually kinda liked the whining ('honest' reporting for once, no portraying of superhumans), and I wouldn't mind trying that testicle soup. Looked good! :p

Great pic above..

I'll remember about the helmet, but high price for durability is a bit of a complicated thing to take into account when one ought to change helmets about every 5 years anyway. My 280€ Caberg looks like it'll hold up just fine for that duration ;)

Thanks to Hank for sending more pics along, click below to see more:

Back