• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Tank Knee Guards

What do you ride: Stock Tank or Tank with Knee Guards?

• Total voters

Sean_Kelly

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hey everyone, I just put these on my bike over the weekend and today was the first day I rode in to work with them on. I just thought I would add some feedback on my experience having them mounted on the bike. (For reference I have about 5,000m ride time on the bike without the pads)

DSC 0286

First off, I immediately noticed how much warmer my legs were, no longer touching the metal of the tank. This is a huge reason I put them on with my early rides to work.

DSC 0287

Another obvious thing to note is that they make the tank feel much larger in the rear than before, but I actually like the new feel better. The new width pushes my legs out to a more natural stance, aligning my feet more with the footpeg placement. I also have a habit of keeping my legs wide (probably due to the wide tank of my old bike) so I used to find my legs hanging off the tank a bit at high speeds. With the pads on, I can comfortably keep my legs hugging the tank the entire ride.

Since the stance feels more natural to me, and I am able to keep my legs hugging the tank, I feel I have much more control over the bike.

DSC 0289

Overall I'm really happy with the addition, and I think they bring together the style of the bike paired with those stock gaiters on the front forks.

The Previous Owner added them on my Lemans but I do like them. Maybe its' because I ride the Lemans "Hunt Seat" where I'm used to gripping the (iron) horse with my knees.

Good review!

my stone does not have the pads and man those pads are not cheap...

But sounds like those pads do allow the rider the grip the tank better. I find myself sometimes wanting to fly off on the highway thru the coast by my area...Love the ocean view but hate the wind...

On top of that, those pads make the bike looking even more awesome than it already is!

I would probably get knee pads for my '16 Stone if my knees touched the tank anywhere near where the knee guards would be mounted. However, my knees contact the tank at the very widest point, the rear-most area of the bulges. I don't think I'm anatomically strange, I'm about 5' 9.5" tall and normally proportioned. And I don't think I sit unusually far forward in the saddle. I'm curious, do any of your knees actually contact the tank where the knee guards are or would be placed?

Looks good to me. If I had a stone I'd do it but I have the 2016 US Racer and adding them would ruin the tank design.

There was a post on here the other day when the forum had it's hiccup that had a member talking about some clear grips he put on. Didn't look noticeable in the slightest. Not sure who the member was though, he had an orange bike I think.

Good review!

my stone does not have the pads and man those pads are not cheap...

But sounds like those pads do allow the rider the grip the tank better. I find myself sometimes wanting to fly off on the highway thru the coast by my area...Love the ocean view but hate the wind...

On top of that, those pads make the bike looking even more awesome than it already is!

The pads would definitely help with that "flying off" feeling! I definitely recommend adding them in the future.

I would probably get knee pads for my '16 Stone if my knees touched the tank anywhere near where the knee guards would be mounted. However, my knees contact the tank at the very widest point, the rear-most area of the bulges. I don't think I'm anatomically strange, I'm about 5' 9.5" tall and normally proportioned. And I don't think I sit unusually far forward in the saddle. I'm curious, do any of your knees actually contact the tank where the knee guards are or would be placed?

My knees are about right on with where the pads are, unless I'm riding 2-up then I'm usually closer to the stance you're describing. It sounds like your positioned in more of a sportbike stance than the standard straight up position (or maybe you're just riding faster than us!). For reference, I'm 6'1" and usually sit back on the seat maybe one stitching in front of the seat strap if not right in front of the strap, depending on speed.

Back