• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Tell Us About Your Mods

Ok I figured out that I had to use the shock reservoir. Getting the rear mount into the hole under the fender was pretty painless, but the other one is going to take some effort. I'm trying to do it with an allen key by hand but need to get a hex socket. As it turns out, I am installing the chrome saddlebag guards and the rear luggage mount!!

Thanks LR
Mike

I don't have a torque wrench. Hopefully locktite will do the trick unless I can get a relatively cheap one at home depot. Do you know how many foot lbs. of torque?

It never ends does it lol? The bolt doesn't come all the way through the nut. As you know the nut locks with the nylon end, but since the bolt doesn't reach the nylon would locktite do it, or should I try to find another nut?

It never ends does it lol? The bolt doesn't come all the way through the nut. As you know the nut locks with the nylon end, but since the bolt doesn't reach the nylon would locktite do it, or should I try to find another nut?
Loctite or a schnoor washer.

Mike,

Here are a couple of tips for anyone installing factory bags on a Custom. The bracket kit that comes with the bags has everything needed for the installation. However, if you also install the chrome saddlebag guards, you will have to remove some bolts and brackets that you just installed and replace them with parts that come with the saddlebag guards. Therefore, unpack both sets of brackets, read both sets of instructions and install them together. I learned this the hard way.

In my case, I had also installed the luggage rack before attempting the saddlebag installation. I had to uninstall two of the luggage rack studs (hidden under the fender) and replace them with saddlebag bolts. Easier if you know this and can install everything at the same time.

Attach everything loosely until you have all the nuts and bolts in place. That allows you to manipulate things a bit to get each fitting started on its threads. There were a couple of times I needed three hands (thank you Sharon!). I did the job lying on the floor, but it would have been much easier if I had a lift.

Finally, the instruction sheet says to install a bolt (that comes with the brackets) on the back side of the passenger foot peg bracket. That is where the Custom has the aforementioned stud. So you do not need that bolt. They also furnish a replacement for the brace that goes from the inside of the rear fender to the back of the license frame. It is identical to the one already there, so perhaps this is just for European plates.

Thanks Todd. I couldn't wait. I bought a black top box and am having it painted Merc. Grey. I appreciate your offer but can't wait.

Thanks Todd. I couldn't wait. I bought a black top box and am having it painted Merc. Grey. I appreciate your offer but can't wait.
Thanks for letting me know... no problem at all.

Hey Longrider, I got the saddle bag supports on but the last piece (curved bar attaches to license plate gizmo). I found out, like you that the chrome piece replaces the black one lol. Anyway, what can be done about the screw from the license plate holder to the curved bar held in place with a clip? The screw doesn't seem to reach into the threads enough to grasp. I'm going to loosen everything and try it again. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

...The screw doesn't seem to reach into the threads enough to grasp. I'm going to loosen everything and try it again. Any help will be appreciated.
Yeah, I think I had that problem too. Solved it with a longer bolt. Ace Hardware is my "go to" place for bolts and associated stuff. Please post pictures when you're done.

Corbin seat
Lafranconi sport pipes
GT-Rx connector pipe, front forks upgrade kit, ECU reflash, PC-V and AT-300
MG - Pillion footboards, 60 litre top case, tank bag, chromed tank panels, chromed fork covers,GPS mount, heated grips
Laminar Lip
LED auxillary tail light/brake light under top case
Promax rear shock absorbers
SS oil cooler frame trim

Stephen
View attachment 8169
How was the quality of the Corbin seat? The last one I ordered about 3 years ago I had to send back - puckers, crooked stitch lines and less than perfect fit ( have to push on it hard to get it to latch ).

>>Stephen-How are those Lafranconi's? Much louder or what?<<

Chalk and cheese.
With the db killers in, they have a deeper note, but are still pretty quiet.
Uncorked, they are much deeper and louder.

The stock pipes have no note at all in comparison.

Guys;
Remember my posts about adding some auxiliary safety lighting to the rear of our Cali's? Well my friend Mike came to my aid, and he had them installed in about an hour or so and it would have been less if he didn't re route the wiring. (Ok Mr. Guzzi Guru who wanted to charge me 3-4 hours of shop labor!) Mike used to be a pretty damn good car audio installer back in the day, he knows what he's doing with wiring. The only real hiccup is that because our bikes are so damn big and long, the wiring on the LED's and even the contoller are a bit on the short side. He had to add some wiring to the LED's to get them to meet at the connection points on the bike and to the controller. You guys tell me, what do you think?

Attachments

• guzzi 1.jpg
    guzzi 1.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 64
  • guzzi2.jpg
    guzzi2.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 61
  • guzzi3.jpg
    guzzi3.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 63
Mike,

Here are a couple of tips for anyone installing factory bags on a Custom. The bracket kit that comes with the bags has everything needed for the installation. However, if you also install the chrome saddlebag guards, you will have to remove some bolts and brackets that you just installed and replace them with parts that come with the saddlebag guards. Therefore, unpack both sets of brackets, read both sets of instructions and install them together. I learned this the hard way.

In my case, I had also installed the luggage rack before attempting the saddlebag installation. I had to uninstall two of the luggage rack studs (hidden under the fender) and replace them with saddlebag bolts. Easier if you know this and can install everything at the same time.

Attach everything loosely until you have all the nuts and bolts in place. That allows you to manipulate things a bit to get each fitting started on its threads. There were a couple of times I needed three hands (thank you Sharon!). I did the job lying on the floor, but it would have been much easier if I had a lift.

Finally, the instruction sheet says to install a bolt (that comes with the brackets) on the back side of the passenger foot peg bracket. That is where the Custom has the aforementioned stud. So you do not need that bolt. They also furnish a replacement for the brace that goes from the inside of the rear fender to the back of the license frame. It is identical to the one already there, so perhaps this is just for European plates.

Unbelievable! I got it all hooked up, what a struggle. My great iPhone isn't sending pictures to my computer, and until it does, there won't be any pics. Can you by any chance instruct or help me with installing the GPS holder and the TomTom Rider? I think the mount will be a piece of cake.

Thanks
Mike

Back