• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 II/III clubman bars

SaulGuzzi

Tuned and Synch'ed
Im currently entertaining the idea of getting some clubman bars to cafe out my v7 iii

1. what are some pros and cons?
2. I commute 60 miles (round trip) will it kill my back?

im 6'1"

Pictures are absolutely encouraged i'd love to see your examples :)

For question #2:
You just have to try it & see.

My Avatar is an 850T that I put drag bars on, I could ride that puppy for 300 miles without problems.

I had a 2011 Guzzi Black Eagle 1100 that I had to swap bars on 5 times until I could be comfortable, ended up with adjustable clip-ons.

My 2013 Griso I tried putting risers on the stock bars but over 65 she shook me like a rag doll so It has adjustable clip-ons now.

Trial & Error is the only answer.

I highly recommend the Speed Bars; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/lsl-7-8-speed-brooks-bar/
Plenty here taller than you that love them. Cables will fit and work perfectly.

thanks Todd! any images that have them on with a side profile?

For question #2:
You just have to try it & see.

My Avatar is an 850T that I put drag bars on, I could ride that puppy for 300 miles without problems.

I had a 2011 Guzzi Black Eagle 1100 that I had to swap bars on 5 times until I could be comfortable, ended up with adjustable clip-ons.

My 2013 Griso I tried putting risers on the stock bars but over 65 she shook me like a rag doll so It has adjustable clip-ons now.

Trial & Error is the only answer.

what are the benefits of adjustable clip-ons? how did it decrease the shake?

Regards how comfortable you’ll find them:

I rode my Racer 390 miles from my home in San Jose to the GTM shop last Thursday, and about the same distance up to King City the following Saturday. Its stock clip-ons are just a touch lower than clubman bars, and it was perfectly comfortable all the way.

I’m just shy of six foot tall with a 29” inseam.

Whether you’ll be comfortable is very much dependent on your body, the position of all the controls, and your fit on the seat. Racer fits me like a glove. I couldn’t do a single thing to improve its ergonomics for me. :D

Last edited:
Regards how comfortable you’ll find them:

I rode my Racer 390 miles from my home in San Jose to the GTM shop last Thursday, and about the same distance up to King City the following Saturday. Its stock coupons are just a touch lower than clubman bars, and it was perfectly comfortable all the way.

I’m just shy of six foot tall with a 29” inseam.

Whether you’ll be comfortable is very much dependent on your body, the position of all the controls, and your fit on the seat. Racer fits me like a glove. I couldn’t do a single thing to improve its ergonomics for me. :D

Godamn Godfrey, youre a beast.

All of this bar swap lust came about because my aftermarket bar ends didnt fit stock bar lol. Its cheaper to get a lowered cafe spirit bar than get bar ends that are flush with stock bar. lol

Godamn Godfrey, youre a beast.

All of this bar swap lust came about because my aftermarket bar ends didnt fit stock bar lol. Its cheaper to get a lowered cafe spirit bar than get bar ends that are flush with stock bar. lol

I'll take that as a compliment. :D

Just get the CRGs that Todd offers, or any of the other CRGs that he doesn't, and the bar end adapters. It's a perfect solution. They're beautiful mirrors, and they work perfectly.

G

thanks Todd! any images that have them on with a side profile?
what are the benefits of adjustable clip-ons? how did it decrease the shake?

Benefit is that I can adjust the bars on 3 axis which allowed me to compensate for broken body syndrome & a left shoulder that works differently than the right side.
Whenever I let someone else ride one of my bikes they always comment on the bar position being weird.

The other bars I tried all kept my body in a position that:
1)caught the wind & caused turbulence which adding a windscreen helped to eliminate BUT
2) Did not help with the distortions of my body.

I have ridden a bike with the bars that Todd sells & for non-adjustable bars they were very close to being comfortable for me.

So there are no issues with fitting 7/8" diameter bars? My past experience with BMW airheads had me questioning, as they were also fitted with 22 mm bars, but going to 7/8" didn't work out so well with getting the risers to properly tighten down and the control sets simply would crack/break when tightened. That slight increase in diameter really screwed things up.

Question: Are these bars drilled with location holes for the switchgear? Or do folks just trim off the tit and move on..???
No, most mark and drill new holes in the bars (I do at my shop). I do not recommend cutting off the nub on the switch gear... you will regret it.

No, most mark and drill new holes in the bars (I do at my shop). I do not recommend cutting off the nub on the switch gear... you will regret it.
Thanks for the input. Cutting the switch gear locator tab doesn't seem to cause a big issue on modern triumphs, but that is that and this is this.

I've done adaptations of switch gear to bars both ways. Cutting the pin off the switchgear is easier and allows more adjustability, but drilling the bars allows for easier location of controls when disassembling and reassembling the bike, presuming that the controls are located properly when you drill the bars for them and that you get the drilling in the right spot.

The issue with cutting off the location pin is whether the switchgear will stay put without rotating on the bars, over time. On the one occasion where this was an issue, a piece of thin double-sided tape sandwiched between the bar and the switchgear solved that problem permanently.

Since it's much more likely nowadays that I will take the handlebars apart for some reason not related to positioning of the switchgear, I now prefer to drill the bars once I've finalized all the positions for the switchgear and other controls.

I did this, but went from a Racer clip ons to the Brooks Bar that Todd referenced above.

I cut the switch gear locator tabs off, and they clamp on fine ... tighten them down, they don't rotate. For me, I wasn't 100% sure where I was going to have the bar & levers (degrees up/down, etc) and without the tabs it is easy to loosen and rotate things around to where you like them and then tighten everything up.

for the brooks bar , does it have threaded m10 ends i can use my oem bar ends for?
Does not, no... but I can make and sell you some. Contact me direct email; info at GuzziTech.com

Hello ... have a V7iii Stone ... bought rizoma clubman bars ... the when I turn left it seems the throttle get stuck .. anybody have this problem? ... how did you fix it ... hope somebody can help ... thanks

IMG 7845 IMG 7846

Back