• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7III Stone - Adding Tacho

Don't waste your time or money on anything other than a MOS-FET reg/rec.
I did a MOSFET upgrade on my Thruxton...Triumphs have the opposite issue, in that the charging voltage runs too low to keep up the battery. Fitted a used unit off a yamaha. Nice part of the MOSFET regulators is that they don't generate much heat and can be installed under the seat/hidden wherever is optimal.

Interesting ... I just installed the AG Li-I battery into Racer yesterday, and just this morning made a setup to be able to quickly check the voltage output from the regulator properly (my previous setup made it hard to get a consistent reading; I've improved it). I'm going to check it this morning, right after breakfast. :)

— follow up —
Here are my readings:

2017 V7III Racer
New AntiGravity BS-12 battery installed

Static voltage (installed, key off): 13.15V
Static voltage (installed, key on): 12.99V
Cranking voltage (kill switch off): 11.9V
Idling voltage: 13.4V
4500 rpm voltage: 13.85V

That seems nominal and on spec to me.

Last edited:
It'd sure be difficult to imagine worse than a V7iii.

Not sure if the Oz bikes have very different maps than the US bikes ... but the Stone V7 iii I test rode ran great ... the Racer V7 iii I bought runs great. And I'm pretty picky about fueling ... have done work on my KTM 990 (TuneECU) and Ducatis and FCR carb bikes.

The coldest I've been riding my Racer is ~50 degrees F, so maybe near freezing or something the bike would be cold natured, but at 50F, start and go, runs great. No stumbling, no odd behavior ... super smooth really.

But that is different from the V7 ii bikes it seems like (but that is from reading vs. first hand experience).

Not sure if the Oz bikes have very different maps than the US bikes ... but the Stone V7 iii I test rode ran great ... the Racer V7 iii I bought runs great. And I'm pretty picky about fueling ... have done work on my KTM 990 (TuneECU) and Ducatis and FCR carb bikes.

The coldest I've been riding my Racer is ~50 degrees F, so maybe near freezing or something the bike would be cold natured, but at 50F, start and go, runs great. No stumbling, no odd behavior ... super smooth really.

But that is different from the V7 ii bikes it seems like (but that is from reading vs. first hand experience).

I've run Racer in as low as 37°F and as high as 90°F weather so far, both when it was 100% stock and now with the Agostinis and the custom ECU map. It's started and run fine in both configurations. But it runs far FAR better in both configurations with the customized maps.

We've had this discussion about the "perception of running well" before. In days past, I was an engine builder and tuner ... I'm very particular about how my bikes' and cars' engines run. As good as my V7III Racer's stock configuration was, there is absolutely no doubt that the GT map even for the OEM mufflers is a vast improvement: Racer's engine now runs to my satisfaction where it was good but not quite on the money before.

Back