• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85 TT Info

852cc is max bore, and the heads are as good as they get, so if they do go 4V, outside of exhaust and fueling, probably not much that can be done. The small block is reaching its limits.
Okay copy. It's not like I'd need it in regards to my skills, but I was curious because I always want more.

852cc is max bore, and the heads are as good as they get, so if they do go 4V, outside of exhaust and fueling, probably not much that can be done. The small block is reaching its limits.

I haven't seen any cam timing and lift figures for the V7III, V9, or new V85 engines. It would be interesting to compare them to the LeMans V valve size/port shape/intake area with the P10 cam specs. The LMV's 953cc engine made a good 10-15 more hp than my butt dyno gets with the V7III Racer. I estimate the LMV made a real 71-72 rear-wheel bhp at peak output based on comparing its performance against a '92 Ducati 750SS which I and my friends had measured on a real dyno; I never had a chance to measure the LMV on a real dyno. It would be interesting to see how close the V85 engine comes to the LMV.

Of course, most of the LMV's higher top end speed really came from the improved aerodynamics lent by its half-fairing. I can feel the 'driving into a Saran wrap wall' of increasing wind drag come into play on Racer when I go past 85-90 mph. That half fairing on the LMV pushed the same feeling up to the 115-120 mph range, which shows that there is a substantial amount of hp being bled away to fighting the wind. It's amazing how effective that little fairing was, but then Guzzi does have a wind tunnel handy to actually test these things when they design them. :D

Hi..just wondered when is this new v85 going to be released but more so named..!!! Seems very little to be going on with regard to this new bike..or Iam I missing something....lol..cheers guys.

Hi..just wondered when is this new v85 going to be released but more so named..!!! Seems very little to be going on with regard to this new bike..or Iam I missing something....lol..cheers guys.
See my post above from CW. If you aren’t yet aware of how Guzzi functions, it is whenever they feel like it, in true Italian style... Domani, domani.

News from the Boss (Colaninno):

1. the V85 will be ready in September, :p
2. two new versions for the V7 during this year,
3. the new (liquid cooled?) 1100cc engine is on the road. :p

"Moto Guzzi, le novità 2018
Per quanto riguarda infine le moto, Colaninno ha spiegato che la nuova
Moto Guzzi V85 sarà pronta per settembre ed entro la fine dell'anno
arriveranno altre due versioni della famiglia della V7.
Il gruppo sta inoltre lavorando a una nuovo Moto Guzzi 1100."

dueruote.it/notizie/attualita/vespa-elettrica-e-ibrida-l-arrivo-a-ottobre#image2-1

Moto Guzzi, the 2018 news
Finally, as far as the bikes are concerned, Colaninno explained that the new Moto Guzzi V85 will be ready for September and two more versions of the V7 family will arrive by the end of the year. The group is also working on a new Moto Guzzi 1100.

So maybe the V85 hits the USA in 2019?

According to Moto International posts in Seattle, the production is supposed to start February 2019...

If they "rush it, might hit US by Fall of 2019...BUT PERSONALLY, I rather they all get tested properly with work out the kinks, with that, I imagine 2020 is more likely

According to Moto International posts in Seattle, the production is supposed to start February 2019...

If they "rush it, might hit US by Fall of 2019...BUT PERSONALLY, I rather they all get tested properly with work out the kinks, with that, I imagine 2020 is more likely
I think the vision of that magazine is too pessimistic.

I haven't seen any cam timing and lift figures for the V7III, V9, or new V85 engines. It would be interesting to compare them to the LeMans V valve size/port shape/intake area with the P10 cam specs. The LMV's 953cc engine made a good 10-15 more hp than my butt dyno gets with the V7III Racer. I estimate the LMV made a real 71-72 rear-wheel bhp at peak output based on comparing its performance against a '92 Ducati 750SS which I and my friends had measured on a real dyno; I never had a chance to measure the LMV on a real dyno. It would be interesting to see how close the V85 engine comes to the LMV.

Of course, most of the LMV's higher top end speed really came from the improved aerodynamics lent by its half-fairing. I can feel the 'driving into a Saran wrap wall' of increasing wind drag come into play on Racer when I go past 85-90 mph. That half fairing on the LMV pushed the same feeling up to the 115-120 mph range, which shows that there is a substantial amount of hp being bled away to fighting the wind. It's amazing how effective that little fairing was, but then Guzzi does have a wind tunnel handy to actually test these things when they design them. :D
62hp on a Dynojet dyno for a stock LM5 is what I have seen.
On the same dyno, my stock LM2 made 57hp.

Modern Retro LeMans with water cooled 1100?
Oh Yeah that would be hard to resist.

Godfrey would be trading up from the V7R or adding new to his stable.

LOL! Sure, if I can manage it.

Of course, I've just done the same thing with bicycles ... my iZip Sumo E3 (now a year and 1500 miles old) pedelectric fat bike was joined by a new baby, a Specialized Fatboy Comp Carbon that I'm in process customizing. It weighs all of 26 lbs...

40555763114_7e3ffdec8f_o.jpg

39460547060_91303c05d2_o.jpg

Can barely contain my glee! I just love to ride... :D

Good data, thanks.
Readings do tend to vary a bit dyno to dyno, and my LMV was just slightly improved from stock... :D

always onwards!
G
I eventually got 70hp out of that LM2.
My LM3 has 80 now, still with the original 38mm headers and quiet pipes....

Great!

Most of what I did to the LMV was re-install the OEM airbox (it was missing when I got the bike) and use a K&N filter element in it rather than the OEM restrictive filter, make sure the cam timing was right on the money after installing a set of alloy cam drive gears, and jet the carburetors properly (they were WAY out, both as I received them and when I returned them to the stock jetting setup that Guzzi listed). My bike had the LaFranconi "Turbo" mufflers on it when I got it too, which not all of them did if I recall correctly. I also replaced the H crossover box with a Staintune crossover, and that made a substantive difference (and never mind made it easy to change the oil in the gearbox...!). I miss that bike, and the 850T I Sportified, so much.

But Racer is filling in for them nicely, and has rather different character in some ways. It's smaller, lighter, and more nimble, if not quite so fast as the LMV.

G

Back