RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - Welcome to the GT Forum. Posts here are to help with issues and questions related to your Guzzi & GT products - However, always use the Search feature first, as most topics have been well covered. Please see our store tab above; Off-site hyperlinks for competing products/companies will be deleted. Note we are still largely a one man operation; We are NOT Amazon, so do not expect that level of service. Orders can take a week or more to ship, and PLEASE refrain from using the Contact form here to ask about your order status OR questions best posted to the Forum. If you must reach out, reply on the actual order email with number. Refunds can take 5-45 days after processed in our system... we have no control over this. We cannot offer personal support to your questions, problems or issues unless related to a product you bought from us here. NO phone calls can be made - please do not ask. We are online ONLY. Thank you for your understanding and business, past and future. In SoCal? Visit GTMotocycles.com for all of your Service needs, or click the Service tab above.

V9 Opinions

Discussion in 'V7/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Oct 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

IIt looks like a V7 and a Cal 1400 mated. Weird to see Guzzi following a trend, instead of what they are long known for.

image.jpeg

RUFULUS likes this.
  2. not-fishing

not-fishing Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

We'll just have to see what Miguel Galuzzi's "vision" is.....

Being one of the old guys I'm just happy it's not a variation on a theme of Power Rangers or Voltron.

3. Seasider

Seasider Just got it firing!

The header pipes look larger diameter than on the current V7, so I guess that suggests it is the larger capacity machine we've heard about. The fuel tank looks too small, otherwise I don't mind it. I'm due to visit the factory next week, so I'll look out for this.

4. klaas123

klaas123 Cruisin' Guzzisti

Looks like a horizontally split crankcase, new Engine??

5. GT-Rx®

Same engine cases, oil-cooled alternator and front frame area/motor mount as the current V7.

6. klaas123

klaas123 Cruisin' Guzzisti

I just found out Todd, never had much interest in the lighter engines....

7. mwrenn

mwrenn Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

The only thing I like about that bike is the new heads and bigger displacement. I would buy one of those for parts.
    Doesn't hold a candle to the V7 II line.
    It will be interesting when they unveil it in November.

8. RUFULUS

RUFULUS Tuned and Synch'ed GT Founder!

9. rbm

rbm Cruisin' Guzzisti

Bulbous and ugly, little finesse in design like its predecessors.

10. tonUPRacer

tonUPRacer Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

From what I've gleaned this is the 850 Audace the 1400's little brother. It's no surprise then that it looks like the offspring of a V7 and 1400. I'm happy they are continuing the evolution of the engine. Can anyone tell me why they can't just put the new engine in the existing V7 lineup? If that question has been answered before I apologize for asking again.

11. pokeyjoe

pokeyjoe High Miler

There are a lot of things different in that picture besides the engine. Looks like they had to change the tank so the engine would fit. The swingarm is different, but its not a CARC, so there may be transmission/bevel box changes as well.

12. Conteacher

Conteacher Cruisin' Guzzisti

It's a test mule. Look at the bungee cord and duct tape. No way is it near a final product.

rikkd likes this.
  13. pokeyjoe

pokeyjoe High Miler

here is a more finished version of the bike, but it still has bungee cords and duct tape:

[​IMG]

14. colby22

colby22 Just got it firing!

I'm guessing that bike has to weigh north of 550 lbs. Reminds me too much of a Victory Judge.

I love the V7 II its geared well with the 6 speed and pulls well for a lighter than-most in-its-class bike. Gimme another 10-15% in power and torque without making it ugly and heavy. If that can't happen I'll happily ride it just as it is.

15. GT-Rx®

Colby, it's pretty much the exact same frame & engine cases as the current V7, so while it may gain some weight, there's no way it'll be anywhere near even 450, as a guess. The power increase will likely/easily surpass 60 hp in stock trim, putting it in the 50's at the tire. I'd also bet that they did nothing with the new 6 spd box, just a wider swingarm and wheels. We shall see in a month or so.

16. mwrenn

17. colby22

colby22 Just got it firing!

Yes it will be interesting to see the final look of the bike and the specs. I just don't think it can be a V7III and look like that. Maybe a Jr Auduce as others have asserted or the ugly tank has been part of a disguise? If it does end up looking the part and being under 450 and 60 hp then it will get my attention. A small cruiserish looking bike in a V7 frame its not my cup of tea. I hope it is just an early Halloween costume on an otherwise beautiful bike.

18. elkgrichard

elkgrichard High Miler

10 more HP would be nice. Hope they make the tank look better.

It reminds me of that Yamaha Bolt.

19. mwrenn

Just a thought here, I like the styling of the Racer a lot better, or even the V7 Classic strikes a chord with me. If the purported HP numbers for this new 850 are 65 at the crank, that means that its going to be putting out just about the same rear wheel HP as my V7 4V.
    With Todd's 4V 820 kit on my new Racer, I should be putting out more power at the rear wheel than this new 850.
    I am glad that Guzzi is stepping up the performance of the small blocks, I hope those new 4V heads will retro fit on a 2016 V7 II....
    Just sayin....lol

Poppe likes this.
  20. volloy

volloy Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

fugly.