• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V9 Opinions

here is a more finished version of the bike, but it still has bungee cords and duct tape:

100615-spy-photo-Moto-Guzzi-V7-Eldorrado-005-583x389.jpg
This one looks like the tank is photoshopped in.

I sure hope this isn't what it's going to look like, in any capacity; http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2015/october/new-guzzi-v7-gets-chunky/

It looks like a V7 and a Cal 1400 mated. Weird to see Guzzi following a trend, instead of what they are long known for... Leading the way with bikes that look and work quite well out of the box.

View attachment 9166

If you ask me, this is a private build. All the components look old and scratched. I doubt if it's an OEM prototype.
I sure hope this isn't what it's going to look like, in any capacity; http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2015/october/new-guzzi-v7-gets-chunky/

"Spy" photos?
More like tabloid papers, invent stories,....Photoshop bigger boobs, anything to get sales, pageviews, whatever.
How many of these "prototypes" have you seen in the press that actually turned out to be real?

My first reaction is "she's a no good". Interested to see the spec tho'. I wonder how it will fare compared to Todd's big bore kit?

Looks like a V7 frame with different fenders and really fat, ugly tires. I suspect that's a V7 engine case as well. So, new jugs, new name.
John, all correct. Thankfully it's not the Nevada fuel tank... or is it? Hopefully the V7 tank swaps easy, or hopefully the cylinders and heads will.

nevada-aquila-nera-sx.png

Thanks for the link. Word has it that this motor will replace the V7, but an all-new 500cc version will be launched as well.

V9 b
The new V9 Bobber debuts 2015 edition of the Milan Show EICMA. The Bobber is for a new younger dynamic and aggressive rider, taking part in the topics presented by Audace 1400. Hence the look minimalist and essential, the monochrome-black livery and oversize tires that show more muscular and sporty.

The technical material is fully shared with the sister Roamer, with a fast, lightweight chassis that houses a 850cc V-twin. Particularly cured superstructure and finishes, with fine painting on the tank (strictly metal) and precise welding and well worked on frame.

Of course it will be endless list of customization available, along the lines of operation Garage Guzzi V7 dedicated to that ... without much imagination we imagine easily enlarged successfully to the new V9.

V9 roamer1
We lack the felt and we have said many times in the Moto Guzzi: a proposal served intermediate between the 'entry level luxury V7-II and the flagship of California. Finally in Mandello they said, here at EICMA in Milan in 2015, with the new Moto Guzzi V9 available in two trim levels ( here's sister Bobber ) to meet tastes and utilities if not antipodes definitely different.

The V9 Roamer is proposed as a custom mid-sized lightweight, fun to drive and very accurately finished, to collect (and improving) the witness of that Nevada that for over twenty years, in two displacements 350 and 750, wrote pages Legend for the brand of Mandello del Lario. Winking at a public cross, male and female, who loves personal proposals and finishes above the standard segment and displacement, made several proposals ... European, Japanese and US.

Small and low, such guarantees accessibility and fun to drive thanks to a weight under 200kg and, of course, a cycling healthy and shiny. But the heart is the most interesting part, because the V9 debuts a brand new engine, though always true to the pattern-twin engine 90, which on this occasion is in the displacement of 850cc which in the past has made great more a Moto Guzzi. A stroke (relatively) long, offers such couples right away - 62Nm just 3,000 rpm - to offer an easy and fun compliance with the Euro 4 standards.

Of course, standard ABS, traction control adjustable, immobilizer, a USB socket. Optional instead Multimedia Platform Moto Guzzi MG-MP, which provides connectivity with your smartphone pilot with a number of features to simplify, make it tasty and share every trip. Almost unnecessary to specify the wide range of options, which is pursuing a speech customization started years ago with V7.

Compare to an '80s Kaw LTD perhaps?
V9 roamer

Kaw440LTD

My first reaction is "she's a no good". Interested to see the spec tho'. I wonder how it will fare compared to Todd's big bore kit?
It's looking like it's a "long stroke" 2V head still, so they are only talking about torque #'s, which is ~45 lb.ft., up from the 37 for the 750. I don't yet have dyno #'s on my 820-2V kit (but I will finally soon). Compare that to Mike's 750-4V below, which is also 46 lb.ft., and that's not talking the power difference below. Red Trace is a stock V7, Blue is Mike's 750-4V. I should have #'s soon (finally as well!) on my 820-4V.

stockborev74v-vs-stockv7-dyno-jpg.8970

OMG. I've been trying to figure out what they did with the foot controls. They moved the footpegs forward. Can you guess what market this is aimed at?

I am within a picometer of selling my Tour as the size, weight and cruiser style is not really me. I was hoping for a smaller Norge but it looks like I'll be perusing other brands. Not sure what the replacement will be but not a cruiser. I find myself riding for long periods with the balls of my feet on the back edge of the floorboard. The last thing I wat is forward pegs.

I am within a picometer of selling my Tour as the size, weight and cruiser style is not really me. I was hoping for a smaller Norge but it looks like I'll be perusing other brands. Not sure what the replacement will be but not a cruiser. I find myself riding for long periods with the balls of my feet on the back edge of the floorboard. The last thing I wat is forward pegs.

Too True! I was doing the same thing on the Custom 1400 & on the old 1100 Black Eagle I use to flip the passenger pegs down.

I have a Victory Cross Country Tour & the floor boards are so wide & long that I can do the rare harley stretch (don't see how people ride like that) or put my feet back so my knees are bent like mid controls, very comfortable. Overall the Vic has proven to be a great bike but it is no Guzzi!!! Like me you will probably miss that 1400 & Guzzi's very soon.

I jump on the Jackal when I can get it away from my son but still miss the 1400. I'm looking at the V7 line because right now I can pick up a new 2015 Stone for $7000.00 or less & when Todd has his kit available it would satisfy my power needs.

Just a thought but when I had my 1400 I kept thinking that it would not take a whole lot of mods to turn it into a Griso like beast!

As far as the new V9 line goes I'm having the same love/hate thing I did with the 1400's when they came out.

Do not like the tank (didn't like the old T-Series tanks when they first came out either) or the blacked out version.

Do not like the seat. Looks like they forgot to design one and at the last moment somebody yelled: "Hey Tony! I gotta have something to sit on!!!" & they grabbed the kids surf board.

I do kinda like the Roamer but tank & seat would be the first to go.

Side covers need to be larger they look like they tried to save some $$$ on metal.

For me it's what happens when I twist the ol throttle & go into a curve..........

I think the designers at Guzzi must have failing eyesight or alzhiemers........ This bike is butt ugly.
Why don't they listen to what the public wants?........ what the custom builders are making, a bigger version of the V7,........ how about this?

V940
20151112_144654_zps7wzye6ws.jpg

Back