• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V9 Opinions

Hopefully there will be a more in-depth review coming with some video. Have you ever seen any of Revzilla's video bike reviews? Their production value is top notch. Other companies could learn from them.
The post above stated "More in depth review coming soon." A few are popping up online, and really none worth linking to right now, because the few that are online blather the same lameness as the others. Complaints about the bike tipping to the right when you blip the throttle, and how it effects cornering... are you kidding me? The one I just suffered through couldn't even get the town they are made in correct.
I think I've officially reached old age. About the only thing gleaned from their drivel is this: The V9 models will be available in April 2016. The Roamer comes in at $9,990 and the Bobber at $10,490.

Ok, edit: my friend Kevin Duke actually has some words worth reading; http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactu...9-bobber-and-v9-roamer-first-ride-review.html

I think I've officially reached old age.

Ok, edit: my friend Kevin Duke actually has some words worth reading; http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactu...9-bobber-and-v9-roamer-first-ride-review.html

You have joined the ranks of the old ones but it's all good.

Just read the review and if I were a new rider or one who had been interested but not committed to a Guzzi this would really get me a step closer. Personally I still don't like the overall looks or vibe of the V9 but at least now I do want to ride one to check out the new engine.

Still excited thinking about a GT prepped V7/9............

The post above stated "More in depth review coming soon." A few are popping up online, and really none worth linking to right now, because the few that are online blather the same lameness as the others. Complaints about the bike tipping to the right when you blip the throttle, and how it effects cornering... are you kidding me? The one I just suffered through couldn't even get the town they are made in correct.
I think I've officially reached old age. About the only thing gleaned from their drivel is this: The V9 models will be available in April 2016. The Roamer comes in at $9,990 and the Bobber at $10,490.

A Good review. Can't wait to get those hemi heads off of there and get some real performance out of the new mill. A 4V conversion will make that bike represent! Of course some V7II bodywork won't hurt either...
And a good suspension....

I know, how many times do we have to hear about tipping to the right when throttling? That "problem" never even remotely entered my head or was a concern for me the first time I hopped on a guzzi or ever since.

That tilt thing I noticed like the first time I sat on a BMW and gave it throttle..... all those years ago and after that never did it enter the equation, same for this bike. That statement is often from people who never ride bikes like this. So why should we even give credit to a ride review from someone ignorant about the engine. Something to think about.

Most of these pro ride reports are impressions after one short ride. Only ride report worth reading would come from someone who owns the bike with many miles. Just my opinion.

I actually enjoyed the way it torqued to the side the first time I rode a Guzzi. I found myself blipping the throttle for no real reason when I down shifted. I have never actually had that aspect be an issue in a negative way. If someone thinks that is a negative issue, they are wrong, and likely they don't really know as much about motorcycles as they think they do.
I think for most people either Guzzi speaks to you or it does not. If it doesn't speak to you, it will probably not be worth the extra effort. But if it does speak to you there really isn't any other option.

Gone a bit quiet on the V9 front. The bikes are here in the UK the bobber looks great but why didn't they do it years ago since the engine it would appear had lived already in the aero version. I'm going to down size a some point and the bobber could fit the bill but give the amount of retro and good 55HP bikes around I think at £8100 it's overpriced. Given the 8V screw up Guzzi need to entice buyers with good prices.

I actually enjoyed the way it torqued to the side the first time I rode a Guzzi. I found myself blipping the throttle for no real reason when I down shifted.

One of the reasons I Love my old Mille and I also like feeling the rear raise up a bit when I first take off, it really just makes me smile.

Gone a bit quiet on the V9 front. The bikes are here in the UK the bobber looks great but why didn't they do it years ago since the engine it would appear had lived already in the aero version. I'm going to down size a some point and the bobber could fit the bill but give the amount of retro and good 55HP bikes around I think at £8100 it's overpriced. Given the 8V screw up Guzzi need to entice buyers with good prices.

Have not seen a V9 up close & personal so I'm still not impressed with the looks.

I rode one of the new Triumph Street Twins the other day which price wise is comparable to the V7 or V9 & well it's ok but the Guzzi would be my choice. No dealer less than a day away & not having a shop at this point to sort out a new goose would keep me from buying any new Guzzi at this point.

Have not seen a V9 up close & personal so I'm still not impressed with the looks.
I gave the new bikes a good once over at the Austin GP. Head-scratcher on every level.... that said, I'm anxious to see how the motor works and how I can improve it and convert them to a V7/9.

GT V9B

There are some nice billet accessories for the v9 that I'd like to see if they fit the v7.

The V9's still haven't arrived for North America, yet there's already custom bikes shown online below. Click pics for website info.

The Anvil build with the sidecar is one of the best looking motorcycles right now. The Harley fender and the fork shrouds are just perfection! The Anvil boys have absolutely knocked it out of the park. Great to see the V9 being used as a custom base already...

I really like the sidecar rig.

We live in an amazing world. "Back in the day" this stuff was mostly done on bikes that had been around for a long time.
Now before this bike is available to most of the world there are guys customizing it.

The V9's still haven't arrived for North America, yet there's already custom bikes shown online below. Click pics for website info.

Actually as far as I understand they've been on the East Coast about a week or more now.

Edit - I double checked, I think they were uncrating them in CT the day you made that post (5/4) lol.

Last edited:
There is a short first impression type test on the V9's in BIKE magazine this month, June 2016 issue. While the report is not the type that raves about the fantastic bikes they are it also does not beat them up too bad.

Had an opportunity to test ride the Bobber at the National Rally in Oregon. Styling is odd, gas tank looks weird, appears like a LARGE person sat on it. Also not a fan of the Harley blacked out engine look.
Performance wise: the engine was very noisy and under powered (maybe the result of being a 'test ride' bike) I do not like the forward controls, found the shifter side to be awkward. The transmission shifted very smoothly, quiet (is this really a MG transmission?). Handling was OK, but not confidence inspiring (the result of the forward controls?) Just my opinion. Based on the comments I heard from others who tested the bike I doubt MG will sell very many of this model.

Had an opportunity to test ride the Bobber at the National Rally in Oregon... Based on the comments I heard from others who tested the bike I doubt MG will sell very many of this model.
Thanks for the ride report. Unless the National Rallies are now overwhelmingly attended by people in their 20's, just another silly decision to have them there. The V9 is after the Triumph and older UJM custom market/buyers.

So I've been waiting for the first person that owns one to pop up here. Any one?
They still aren't in CA, but I do plan on buying one for the RentAGuzzi Fleet. I have a Matris fork kit here to test on one.

Had an opportunity to test ride the Bobber at the National Rally in Oregon. Styling is odd, gas tank looks weird, appears like a LARGE person sat on it. Also not a fan of the Harley blacked out engine look.
Performance wise: the engine was very noisy and under powered (maybe the result of being a 'test ride' bike) I do not like the forward controls, found the shifter side to be awkward. The transmission shifted very smoothly, quiet (is this really a MG transmission?). Handling was OK, but not confidence inspiring (the result of the forward controls?) Just my opinion. Based on the comments I heard from others who tested the bike I doubt MG will sell very many of this model.

So from this post it's safe to deduce you're not a fan of the smallblocks general.

Back