• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Where did the battery go in this build?

frnco

Tuned and Synch'ed
This is a newbie question, i just got my first Guzzi so I'm still curious and ignorant..

you may have seen this build... they removed the side panels and in the place of where the battery usually is (right?) they have this...filter... which I don't know exactly what it does...

can somebody explain me what they did in order to empty the space beneath the seat?

thanks

custom-moto-guzzi-v7-4.jpg
custom-moto-guzzi-v7.jpg

I agree with Michael. That black box slung low and transverse mounted under the swing-arm and just in front of the rear tire, is the battery box. You see this configuration on a lot of custom motorcycle builds and early vintage motorcycle setups.

6ffd8c51dbda6723f1cf44ec63ad9705.jpg

As to the filter you see... The stock airbox plenum has been removed. You can clearly see it here in this photo on the far left. Just follow from the back of the cylinders and you have immediately the fuel injectors, then the black intake manifold, then the silver air mass meter, and finally the black airbox plenum.
016_MOTO-GUZZI-V7-750-ENGINE-AND-AIRBOX-TOP.jpg

So, in your modified bike photo, in order to provide filtration of the incoming air into the engine, that filter you see is a K&N Universal Pod Filter, which has been used to replace the airbox plenum. They come in all sorts of shapes and sizes.

universal-air-filters.jpg

When done correctly, on certain engines, with the proper fuel management modifications, it can increase horsepower and responsiveness of the throttle because you can pull more air into the engine faster. (You typically see this in racing applications and in the case of the Centauro / Daytona / V11 Sport (Big Displacement Performance Twins), it is done because the airbox plenum is so restrictive that the engine actually struggles to breath.) When done incorrectly, it can lead to rapid premature engine destruction due to unbelievably lean fuel to air ratios.

I have two of these pod filters on my 1997 Centauro, one on each cylinder intake, like you see in this internet photo of a Centauro with the side panels removed for visibility. As with all things though, there are disadvantages. Any motorcycle configured like this becomes a "fair weather only" motorcycle, otherwise you will be sucking water into the intake during the rain!

Cento+stripped.jpg

All well covered above...
Battery is likely a small lithium version (like I sell on the online Store here), custom mounted.
That is an air filter, needed for the engine to not inhale everything but air. Internal combustion engines prefer to pull air from still air plenums (boxes).
I suggest reading up on internal combustion engines, via a good book and not online articles or Youtube videos.
These mods are for those who care only about looks, not about drive-ability/function.
Good luck.

Back