RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - Welcome to the GT Forum. Posts here are to help with issues and questions related to your Guzzi & GT products - However, always use the Search feature first, as most topics have been well covered. Please see our store tab above; Off-site hyperlinks for competing products/companies will be deleted. Note we are still largely a one man operation; We are NOT Amazon, so do not expect that level of service. Orders can take a week or more to ship, and PLEASE refrain from using the Contact form here to ask about your order status OR questions best posted to the Forum. If you must reach out, reply on the actual order email with number. Refunds can take 5-45 days after processed in our system... we have no control over this. We cannot offer personal support to your questions, problems or issues unless related to a product you bought from us here. NO phone calls can be made - please do not ask. We are online ONLY. Thank you for your understanding and business, past and future. In SoCal? Visit GTMotocycles.com for all of your Service needs, or click the Service tab above.

Which Transmissions Had Straight Cut Gears?

Discussion in 'Tonti & Loop' started by Tonerjockey, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Tonerjockey

Tonerjockey High Miler GT Contributor

Considering straight cut gears for the race bike. I know Guzzi offered race kits with a couple different gear ratios for the 850 Lemans.

I believe some other models (besides race kits) came with straight cut transmission gears. Damaged gears for one on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moto-Guzzi-...ash=item2a6a07db05:g:DnAAAOSwnFZXXGaw&vxp=mtr

Anyone know which bikes came with straight cut gear transmissions? I am looking for trans that will fit in a V7 Sport Tonti frame.

Alex

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT Founder!

I believe the 1000 LeMans SE version came from the factory with straight cut gears. It is the only one I know of.

3. jr1967

jr1967 Cruisin' Guzzisti

Not sure if you got my PM.
    I have a ZD transmission for sale

4. Tonerjockey

Thanks for posting in forums. I found your message and replied.
    Sounds interesting!

Alex

5. Bandit1

Bandit1 Just got it firing!

sport 1100 before the FI came out. no idea if it will fit V7 Sport Tonti frame

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  6. Tonerjockey

7. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT Founder!

GT-Rx® likes this.
  8. Tonerjockey

Ahh thnx for the clarification.
    I dunno 'bout those MODERN models... hehehe

Alex

9. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Sport 1100, Daytona & Centauro all used straight cut. The 6-speed is a completely different animal in every aspect, so it is not even remotely plug and play. Nothing will align or work. That eBay poster is clueless on what they are selling.