RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - Be sure to check in on the GuzziTech Store, link/tab above. Thanks to your support, we will continue to bring to market our 100% Made-in-the-USA GT products here based on your input. Also note, we are subject to the delays of Italian made products this time of year, so thanks in advance for your patience on those orders... and PLEASE refrain from using the Contact form here to ask about your order Status, or questions best posted to the Forum or better yet, try a search. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something you’ve purchased from us. We do not have a phone number; We are online only. You will find us highly responsive via the Contact form with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future.
  2. Ciao Guest - Our Small Business discount... Now through December 15th, enjoy Free Priority Shipping (on most items) for any orders over $99 in our online Store linked above, use gtholidayfreeship99 code at checkout. We wish you the best for the Holiday Season.

Which Transmissions Had Straight Cut Gears?

Discussion in 'Tonti & Loop' started by Tonerjockey, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Tonerjockey

Tonerjockey High Miler GT Contributor

Considering straight cut gears for the race bike. I know Guzzi offered race kits with a couple different gear ratios for the 850 Lemans.

I believe some other models (besides race kits) came with straight cut transmission gears. Damaged gears for one on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moto-Guzzi-...ash=item2a6a07db05:g:DnAAAOSwnFZXXGaw&vxp=mtr

Anyone know which bikes came with straight cut gear transmissions? I am looking for trans that will fit in a V7 Sport Tonti frame.

Alex

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT Famiglia

I believe the 1000 LeMans SE version came from the factory with straight cut gears. It is the only one I know of.

3. jr1967

jr1967 Cruisin' Guzzisti

Not sure if you got my PM.
    I have a ZD transmission for sale

4. Tonerjockey

Thanks for posting in forums. I found your message and replied.
    Sounds interesting!

Alex

5. Bandit1

Bandit1 Just got it firing!

sport 1100 before the FI came out. no idea if it will fit V7 Sport Tonti frame

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  6. Tonerjockey

7. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT Famiglia

GT-Rx® likes this.
  8. Tonerjockey

Ahh thnx for the clarification.
    I dunno 'bout those MODERN models... hehehe

Alex

9. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Sport 1100, Daytona & Centauro all used straight cut. The 6-speed is a completely different animal in every aspect, so it is not even remotely plug and play. Nothing will align or work. That eBay poster is clueless on what they are selling.