RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. Otherwise, be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GT products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Most General questions you may have are well answered on the Forum; Be sure to try a search and post there. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our custom builds at GTMotoCycles.com or click the Service tab above.

Which Transmissions Had Straight Cut Gears?

Discussion in 'Loop & Tonti' started by Tonerjockey, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Tonerjockey

Tonerjockey High Miler GT Contributor

Considering straight cut gears for the race bike. I know Guzzi offered race kits with a couple different gear ratios for the 850 Lemans.

I believe some other models (besides race kits) came with straight cut transmission gears. Damaged gears for one on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moto-Guzzi-...ash=item2a6a07db05:g:DnAAAOSwnFZXXGaw&vxp=mtr

Anyone know which bikes came with straight cut gear transmissions? I am looking for trans that will fit in a V7 Sport Tonti frame.

Alex

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT Famiglia

I believe the 1000 LeMans SE version came from the factory with straight cut gears. It is the only one I know of.

3. jr1967

jr1967 Cruisin' Guzzisti

Not sure if you got my PM.
    I have a ZD transmission for sale

4. Tonerjockey

Thanks for posting in forums. I found your message and replied.
    Sounds interesting!

Alex

5. Bandit1

Bandit1 Just got it firing!

sport 1100 before the FI came out. no idea if it will fit V7 Sport Tonti frame

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  6. Tonerjockey

7. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT Famiglia

GT-Rx® likes this.
  8. Tonerjockey

Ahh thnx for the clarification.
    I dunno 'bout those MODERN models... hehehe

Alex

9. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Sport 1100, Daytona & Centauro all used straight cut. The 6-speed is a completely different animal in every aspect, so it is not even remotely plug and play. Nothing will align or work. That eBay poster is clueless on what they are selling.