• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Whine from the rear (no not the wife)!

Nik

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi, any ideas please.
Stelvio NTX, 2012 model, 9800 miles, serviced as per schedule. I've had a bit of vibration at about 3500-4000 revs where the bike seems to be shaking more than it should and a bit rough with it too. At about 70 MPH + I am getting a high pitched whine from the rear drive which I hadn't noticed before. Also when going up through the gears I am noticing a more 'linear' whine in each just before changing up.
I will be booking it in with my Guzzi chaps after Christmas but was wondering if anyone has any experience of this or suggestions.

Happy Christmas and new year to you all.
regards
Nik.

Is the vibration more noticeable through the right side footpeg Nik? That normally points to a drive train issue (on older Guzzis at least)? You may need to remove The peg rubbers to feel it better.
Regards
Alan NZ

Mine has a vibe, but through the left peg. It is very similar in its cyclical nature to a chain drive with a bad tight spot. Already swapped out the tailshaft/uni joints. Vibe continues.

Hi, any ideas please.
Stelvio NTX, 2012 model, 9800 miles, serviced as per schedule. I've had a bit of vibration at about 3500-4000 revs where the bike seems to be shaking more than it should and a bit rough with it too. At about 70 MPH + I am getting a high pitched whine from the rear drive which I hadn't noticed before. Also when going up through the gears I am noticing a more 'linear' whine in each just before changing up.
I will be booking it in with my Guzzi chaps after Christmas but was wondering if anyone has any experience of this or suggestions.

Happy Christmas and new year to you all.
regards
Nik.
first thing I'd do is re-torque all the engine mounts and any other bolt you see. when I bought mine at 20000 some were three turns loose.

Both my rear engine mounts needed about 180° of tightening, but haven't test ridden it yet

Last edited:
Thanks all for your time and suggestions.
Funnily enough on reflection it does seem to be more vibey on the right which might point toward drive train issues but I will certainly bear in mind the engine mounts. My gallant Guzzi chaps will sort it out I'm sure.
Happy Crimbo!
Nik.

In skimming this post, know that Guzzi's have noises, some even different bike to bike. Unless it is something massively different from ride to ride, and if all general services have been done, just ride it. It's part of their "character."

Getting to the point of just riding it till something does break, ...................................................
then I will know what it was.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaatte. There's no alternative to getting old, blind, deaf, furquen stupid ........................... except death.
Had new brakes fitted to the car this week, took it out to bed them in properly. I noticed there was a bit of squealing when I braked real hard. Took it back to the mechanic, he couldn't duplicate it. I said your not braking hard enough, let me have a go.
I showed him alright! He said, "I can hear the squealing now, it's ya furquen tyres". Doh! .................. Damn, more money!

So don't ask me what noise my bike is making, loud exhaust doesn't help. Anyhoo, short test ride felt better after tightening engine mounts. As I could only duplicate the vibe under specific conditions, predominately 50-70kph on light throttle. And it only started after I changed to the V7 fuel tank, I'm putting it down to harmonics & resonance.
When anything malfunctions, its just my excuse to make it bigger, better, faster, stronger.

Last edited:
Just found my exhaust bracket, attached to the aforementioned vibratory left foot peg, is broken clean thru. Problem solvered.
But I will make it bigger better stronger.

Back