• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Woohoo ! found front stand for Griso

ett

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
When I bought my Griso 8V last year; the very first accessory I bought for it was the Becker-Technik work stand.
And shortly afterwards I bought a new pin ( pin #19) for my existing original style Pitbull front stand.
I was a bit miffed that the front stand would not work in conjunction with the Becker-Technik stand.
Because the front stand was too tall and the rear wheel contacted the ground before the front stand was fully raised.
And I was relegated to using a jack under the sump when I needed to raise the front wheel.

Well just tonight I bought Pitbull's Hybrid Front Stand. Hoping that since it has variable height adjustment.
It might be adjustable to where it does not raise the front of the Griso so much that the rear wheel touches the ground.

Well; it works ! :)
With the Becker-Technik rear stand and the Pitbull Hybrid front stand.
I can now raise both wheels simultaneously, more securely than using a jack, and still be able to remove the forks if needed.
Pin #19 is a tad too small in diameter; because even it's collar can just barely fit inside the steering stem hole.
But only by a couple millimeters.

Anyways; here are a couple photos using both stands:
(It's hard to see on my wooden garage floor; but both wheels are 2 to 3 inches off the ground.)
(Perhaps this weekend I will take better photos out in the daylight.)

p1150327.jpg

p1150328.jpg

p1150329.jpg

p1150330.jpg

After doing much Internet searching and reading that many other people were searching for front work stands for the Griso.
I thought some people may find my success helpful.

Update 2/5/2013:
Shortly after starting this thread.
I emailed Pitbull asking them if they had a better fitting pin for my Griso than pin #19.
After a couple of back-n-forth emails to verify the diameter of the steering stem's hole.
They made me a custom pin. (For free. Presumably because they can now add this pin to their list of available products.)
I received the custom pin yesterday. And this custom pin fits perfectly !
Can't get much better customer service than this. :)

Would any of you Guzzi experts be able to verify if all generations of the Griso (1100, 8V, and SE) all have the same size steering stem hole ?

Thanks for the heads up, this sucks since I have the pitbull front stand already.. wish I had bought that convertible version.

I often wonder why no one comes up with a stand that uses the hole through the center of the frame just behind the trans.

Indefatigable said:
I often wonder why no one comes up with a stand that uses the hole through the center of the frame just behind the trans.

Those Chrome circles are plastic covers which won't support the weight, that's how i have worked on my other bikes before with a steel rod through there and jack stands on either side.

Can anybody direct me to where I might purchase a becker-technik rear service lift for my 2009 Griso here in the USA?

I am assuming that Pitt Bull never developed anything for this bike since I can't find anything on their website.

Don

Last edited:
Back