• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

"Improved" 2015 V7-II Features

If I was to wait for the next model every time I wanted a new bike I'd probably never own one.

Fortunately, like cars, the "improvements" are not significant. Certainly not enough to have any bearing on my decision to buy a 2014 model V7.

I have not had a bike with traction control in 15 years of supersports/sports/nakeds. I had one once with ABS which I never needed to use (touch wood). Another gear is nice but not necessary. Bit like a/c vs climate control. Who cares at the end of the day so long it works?

Whichever Guzzi you buy, you'll love it. Most Japanese (and I hate to admit it - Italian too) manufacturers have dialled out the fun and involvement and replaced it with electrickery and bikes so good they are genuinely BORING. (Who would have said 200hp was boring huh?).

Ride safe and remember what the heart tells you :)

The new video with Ewan McGregor is extremely... ordinary !!!

Music is about the worst I have heard and the footage is average to put it politely. Move along, nothing to see here ...

Wow. A video of somebody ( if you did not know it was Ewan you would not learn it here) riding a motor bike in nice scenery. That will make me want to buy a Guzzi over the other brands.
No mention of improvements and yes, lousy music. What a waste of limited advertising dollars.
Spend that same money improving quality or customer service and that will sell way more bikes than a poorly done ad.

Looks like the 6 speed gearing is closer between gears and then 1st a tad bit lower and 6th is only a very slight tad higher then the five speed. Clutch with a lighter pull and easy to feel friction zone, so a nice improvement with the transmission and clutch over the older 5 speed, still not enough to make me sell the 2013 and up-grade. I'll stick with the 2013 for awhile.

When you crank the numbers you will discover that the 5-sp and 6-sp boxes have almost identical overall ratios (engine to wheel) in 4th gear. From the standpoint of ratios, the extra gear in the 6-sp box is between 4th and 5th on the 5-sp box. This is the last place I would think that an extra gear was needed.

I really like the black injector covers and black taillight. Are they available?

Not interested in a lower bike with lower pegs, and traction control bothers me simply on principal! Anti lock brakes..... Phoooeeeyy.... Love my 2013, and glad I didn't wait for a "newly updated" model!

Last edited:
Are any of the parts available anywhere. I really like the black housing for the brake light and the black fuel injection covers.

There is a quick 2 page write up on it in the March issue of BIKE magazine. Hey, I live in the U.S. and I just got the issue. No real test just a rundown from the introduction. They seem to like everything except the tires.

Are any of the parts available anywhere. I really like the black housing for the brake light and the black fuel injection covers.
Still not yet... they bikes will have to arrive in the U.S. first, or often the parts might become available slightly before they arrive. Either way, cosmetic pieces like you want likely won't be in stock immediately in the U.S. as a guess. If you want me to inquire direct to Italy for them, I can.

A quick question, this seems as good a place to ask, rather than a new thread. I assume the 2015 models have dual Wideband Lambda sensors? So if a person was able to reflash the ECU, or add a PC V, you could theoretically replace the cylinder and head assemblies with an older style assembly bored out to 82 MM and four valve heads? And the fueling would work ok? The cylinder base gaskets share a common part number with earlier models, so it should bolt up.
Just curious.

Not interested in a lower bike with lower pegs, and traction control bothers me simply on principal! Anti lock brakes..... Phoooeeeyy.... Love my 2013, and glad I didn't wait for a "newly updated" model!
I'll be riding my new V7 II very shortly (on order, available in Aus already). All year, 5 days a week minimum ill be riding it in and out of the city CBD. I'm very happy to have ABS/traction control on my side. We don't really (if ever) get snow in Aus, but i ain't no fair weather fairy ill give you that! I'm 6'1" so while the knee room wasn't needed, im sure it will come in handy none the less.

A quick question, this seems as good a place to ask, rather than a new thread. I assume the 2015 models have dual Wideband Lambda sensors? So if a person was able to reflash the ECU, or add a PC V, you could theoretically replace the cylinder and head assemblies with an older style assembly bored out to 82 MM and four valve heads? And the fueling would work ok? The cylinder base gaskets share a common part number with earlier models, so it should bolt up.
Just curious.
I don't know, time will tell. But I would be surprised if the stock set up had that much range of adjustment that it could make to compensate for changes that large. I used to have a Buell that was very good at that kind of stuff, but my Griso (the only modern Guzzi I have) did not have that kind of adjustment range stock. I had to give it that kind of range with a PCV.
Even if it can compensate it will still be shooting for the lean targets it was told to shoot for.
If you add in the adjust-ability with a PCV/Reflash I would think it would be fine as far as the fueling goes, no idea if the parts you are talking about will work, but I like the idea.
A FI motor use injectors with a maximum flow rate and a maximum duty cycle. As long as you do not need to exceed the flow rate and duty cycle of the injectors I would think it would be able to fuel whatever you are planning.

I assume the 2015 models have dual Wideband Lambda sensors? So if a person was able to reflash the ECU, or add a PC V, you could theoretically replace the cylinder and head assemblies with an older style assembly bored out to 82 MM and four valve heads? And the fueling would work ok?
Mike, Michael covered most of it above, however to note, the '13+ models use the MIU ECU which has no TPS (or TPS output), so a PC-V isn't an option. Once I have some Air/Fuel data from my conversion, I can see where the stock fueling falls. An easy option would be higher-capacity flow injectors to start.

I'll be riding my new V7 II very shortly (on order, available in Aus already).
Chris, well congrats in advance and look forward to getting your info for the Registry page. Look forward to it's arrival and more posts from you then.

Mike, Michael covered most of it above, however to note, the '13+ models use the MIU ECU which has no TPS (or TPS output), so a PC-V isn't an option. Once I have some Air/Fuel data from my conversion, I can see where the stock fueling falls. An easy option would be higher-capacity flow injectors to start.
Hmmm, ok. Just looking at the feasibility of something like that now. It would be fun to do it. So with the larger injectors, the ECU might just handle the AFR just fine......interesting

Last edited:
Just looking at the feasibility of something like that now. It would be fun to do it.
Only needed if the duty cycle of the stock injectors are at max duration with the conversion (current 4V heads), and will likely be if you go over-bore.

Is there any way to get airflow numbers on the MIU ECU? I couldn't find any online. Looking at pictures of the MIU throttle body, the air inlet diameter isn't that big. There would be no point in doing a Quattro Valvole conversion on the later model bikes, if the airflow is limited by the throttle body built into the ECU.
Gotta get some numbers on paper.

Back