• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Tell Us About Your Mods

Dropinparts

Tuned and Synch'ed
I know we all want to know what's available and can be done to the Cali 1400, Custom or Touring.
There are posts throughout the forum, but let's get them in one spot.
Accessories installed, adjustments, you name it.
Please post pic's when applicable.

Thanks

2014 California Custom
ADDED:

1. MG Touring winshield
  2. Laminar Lip
  3. MG Chrome Engine Guards
  4. MISTRAL Carbon Fiber Slip-Ons
  5. MG Fiberglass Saddle Bags (black)
  6. MG Adj. Passenger Footrest Kit (sold)
  7. MG 50L Top Box (black)
  8. MG Fog Light Kit
  9. MG Chrome SideBag Guards
  10. MG Rear Luggage Rack
  11. MG Gel Saddle (re-covered with gray cover)
  12. Agostini Carbon Fuel Injector Covers
  13. MG Heated Grips Set
  14. MG Air Deflectors
  15. Garmin 550 GPS w/GXM 30 XM antenna
  16. SHAD Brake Light
  17. H-D fork leg AMBER reflectors
  18. H-D rear RED reflectors

Hey Dave,
What mount did you use for your Garmin. I'm thinking about buying a new GPS for mine and I have always used mounts from Techmount. Neat and clean install.

Corbin seat
Lafranconi sport pipes
GT-Rx connector pipe, front forks upgrade kit, ECU reflash, PC-V and AT-300
MG - Pillion footboards, 60 litre top case, tank bag, chromed tank panels, chromed fork covers,GPS mount, heated grips
Laminar Lip
LED auxillary tail light/brake light under top case
Promax rear shock absorbers
SS oil cooler frame trim

Stephen
P1070403

Hey Dave,
What mount did you use for your Garmin. I'm thinking about buying a new GPS for mine and I have always used mounts from Techmount. Neat and clean install.

I am using the Garmin 550 motorcycle mount that came with it. Use the u-bolt mount to attach it to the handlebar.

Stephen,

How did you remove the MG Eagle from the OEM tank cover to install the chrome accessory cover? Do you get a new eagle emblem with the chrome covers?

New MG Eagles were supplied with the chromed tank panels.
There is a locating tab towards the outer edge of each wing,
and double sided tape. The tabs hook under slots in the panel, but I protected the painted panel with an old credit card
and lifted the emblems with a screwdriver. I could have reused the emblems.
I read that others used dental floss to break the hold of the tape. You would
still have to get past one of the tabs to do this, which would mean lifting the tip of a wing.

Stephen

2014 Custom accessorized with all equipment that is standard on the Touring model.Also added Moto Guzzi luggage rack and 50 liter top case.Touring style gel seat dyed black (goes better with my Custom’s mercury gray paint).

MG windshield lowers eliminated buffeting experienced before I put them on.

MG heated grips combined with National Cycle clear lexan hand guards keep my hands warm and dry.

TomTom Rider GPS mounted on MG accessory bracket.The 1400 is prewired for the TomTom; turns on and off with the ignition.

Admore Lighting rear light bar provides a supplemental tail light, modulated brake light and sequential turn signals. I got this idea from Roadventure who used a Shad brake light (better looking but requiring a small relocation of the top case).

Finally, although this is not a mod per se, I implemented jbhotchkiss' recommended shock settings (see "Transform the ride quality of your Custom) that greatly improved ride and handling.
Image Image Image Image Image

Hello Stephen,

What can you tell me about the promax shocks? I've heard of them but don't know anyone that uses them.

Thanks
Mike

I got mine from Walter Preisig at YSS (Your Suspension Shop) in Adelaide, South Australia.
Promax is Netherlands based, I believe. They do high performance mono shocks for
motocross bikes etc, and as in my case, a range of shocks for other bikes, including
twin rear units.
I sent Walter a rear shock for testing. He built a pair of emulsion shocks to suit. I asked for
shocks set up for two up loaded touring. Rebound damping is adjustable. Preload by
threaded rings. Compression damping is not adjustable, but variable according to
hard or soft shock compression. They cost about AUD$950 a pair a year ago. They look well made.
The wallowing rear end the bike suffered two up at speed in corners with undulations
is cured. The bike tracks flawlessly now. I also asked for 7mm additional length eye to eye,
which translates to about 13mm on the bike, similar to the Custom.
They can be serviced and seem to be good value for money without being showy.
I expect Walter has racks of Promax components and simply assembles shocks
according to requirements. He told me the original Sachs units were sprung OK,
but the rebound damping was too weak for two up loaded; the compression damping was
initially too harsh, but then, on stronger hits, offered no extra resistance, and was
ultimately too weak.

Stephen

I know we all want to know what's available and can be done to the Cali 1400, Custom or Touring.
There are posts throughout the forum, but let's get them in one spot.
Accessories installed, adjustments, you name it.
Please post pic's when applicable.

Thanks
For starters, I purchased the dealers demo. Note to self... Never, ever do that again.
It already had the Rox 2" bar risers installed. Before leaving the dealer, I had them install the Touring windshield.

That said;
I added the windshield lowers. Then I took them and the windshield off.
Had the Rox risers and took them off.
Added the Hepko Becker passenger backrest. You guessed it, took it off.
Added Mistral exhaust. Absolutely awesome sound.
Added the Moto Guzzi sport screen. Took it off, only to paint it, but I did put it back on.
Added the Moto Guzzi side cases. Gotta have 'em. I've got "stuff".
Added the Moto Guzzi black metal mirrors. Very cool looking.
Wrapped the headers with black exhaust wrap. That's a keeper. Covered the blue pipes.
Adding a Garmin Zumo 660 this week. Had one before and really liked it.
Also, adding some Grip Puppies this week. Had them on my Griso. Improves your riding experience more than you can imagine.

Outside of possibly ordering Todd's Power Commander / Autotune / reflash bang kit, I think I'm done.

2014 Custom accessorized with all equipment that is standard on the Touring model.Also added Moto Guzzi luggage rack and 50 liter top case.Touring style gel seat dyed black (goes better with my Custom’s mercury gray paint).

MG heated grips combined with National Cycle clear lexan hand guards keep my hands warm and dry.

TomTom Rider GPS mounted on MG accessory bracket.The 1400 is prewired for the TomTom; turns on and off with the ignition.

Admore Lighting rear light bar provides a supplemental tail light, modulated brake light and sequential turn signals. I got this idea from Roadventure who used a Shad brake light (better looking but requiring a small relocation of the top case).

Finally, although this is not a mod per se, I implemented jbhotchkiss' recommended shock settings (see "Transform the ride quality of your Custom) that greatly improved ride and handling.
View attachment 8193 View attachment 8194 View attachment 8195 View attachment 8196 View attachment 8197

View attachment 8193 View attachment 8194 View attachment 8195 View attachment 8196 View attachment 8197
Nice ride Longrider. Could you tell me where you got the gel seat?
Thanks

Nice ride Longrider. Could you tell me where you got the gel seat?
They are available in Europe only. Available for ~$295 in vinyl, or well over $600 in leather. Happy to bring one in for you if you'd like. If so, email me; Todd at GuzziTech.com

They are available in Europe only. Available for ~$295 in vinyl, or well over $600 in leather. Happy to bring one in for you if you'd like. If so, email me; Todd at GuzziTech.com
Thanks but that's too much for me to spend. I guess I'll just get one of those gel pads that strap to the seat.

They are available in Europe only...
Todd is correct if you want an all-black seat. Moto Gozzi USA does sell a Touring-style gel seat in the black-and-white "skunk" pattern. I bought that seat (Part number B064236 for $239.95) and then paid $125 to have it dyed black. Obviously, I would have been better off ordering from Todd but I did not know he had the European source at the time.

Not for $600 you wouldn't have been!! Where and how did you have it dyed? It's a nice looking seat and I bet very comfortable, although the stock seat is pretty nice.

Not for $600 you wouldn't have been!! Where and how did you have it dyed? It's a nice looking seat and I bet very comfortable, although the stock seat is pretty nice.
It is very comfortable; much more than the standard Touring seat. Actually, the standard Custom seat is more comfortable than either Touring seat (my opinion) but my wife absolutely hated the rear-sloping passenger section. We both love the gel seat.

Mike Bowen at Spotlight Customs in Dahlonega, Georgia, did the dye job.

Thanks Longrider. Do you think I could just get some leather dye and do the job myself? I never did anything like that before, but it doesn't seem like a big deal to black out the white. My wife also doesn't like the standard Custom seat lol.

Do you think I could just get some leather dye and do the job myself?
It is a little like painting. You've got to super-clean the material, then spray on several light coats (allowing each coat to dry completely before applying the next). Mike did the whole seat -- not just the white section -- so all surfaces would match.

The dye used was SEM Color Coat #15243 Satin Black.

I suppose you could do it yourself, but I wanted it to be perfect and did not feel my painting skills were good enough.

Back