• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Anybody have a GT-RX ECU/PCV/AT on their V7?

zx800 said:
I have mine ECU ready to ship off to him. I put in an O2 optimizer on mine from Todd for a temp fix. The o2 optimizer helped quite a bit, the bike started easier, did not have to wait as long for warm up and better throttle response. I am runnig a full Zard system and when I take out the db killers it pops quite a bit. With the db killers in it is noticable but much quiter. I am hoping the reflash will get rid of this.

Is the removal of the throttle body a pain in the butt? I am thinking about doing this and am curious. Also, will we (non-locals of malibu) get the same/full results as those who are able to bring their bike into Todd's shop? Noob questions I know, but I guess I'm a noob damnit.

I think tuning the smallblocks is pretty useless. You thow in huge amounts of money to become next to nothing.
If you can't live with what it does, get something else. Like a griso

francod123 said:
Is the removal of the throttle body a pain in the butt? I am thinking about doing this and am curious. Also, will we (non-locals of malibu) get the same/full results as those who are able to bring their bike into Todd's shop? Noob questions I know, but I guess I'm a noob damnit.
It will be a PITB for those who have never done it. The tank can be lifted (but best removed) from memory... but again, I've never removed one.

Paul (did you get my several e-mails about the Diag?) while I agree those looking for more power should buy a bigger bike; But correcting the fueling on a small lightweight Guzzi is what most who have bought them are after (and a handful have sold their Griso for a V7), :dry: -- and the mod is beneficial on/for those I have done.

No, didn't get emails after july.

Correcting the mapping here and there, adnd killing the lambda will help driveabillity, but any other tuning is thrown away money.

pauldaytona said:
I think tuning the smallblocks is pretty useless. You thow in huge amounts of money to become next to nothing.
If you can't live with what it does, get something else. Like a griso

I'm new to all of this and while I do enjoy the bike stock as it is, it seems the testimonials on this site confirm that it's an improvement over the stock functioning of the bike. Throttle response, acceleration, etc. improvements would be nice and I'm willing to invest in that if it makes the ride that much more enjoyable. To each their own y'know. So yea, I partially agree with you.

Dyno run on a stock Nevada 750

I've done a dyno run with the bike stock, and will be posting a dyno run after I have the head work and big Bore kit installed along with a power commander,. Hopefully the difference will be significant.

Attachments

• V7-MG-ModestoDyno.jpg
    V7-MG-ModestoDyno.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 413
Re: Dyno run on a stock Nevada 750

skromfols said:
I've done a dyno run with the bike stock, and will be posting a dyno run after I have the head work and big Bore kit installed along with a power commander,. Hopefully the difference will be significant.

looking forward to seeing the results.

Matt

I don't have much issue with the 50 hp thing so much. But will admit another 10 hp on this bike would make it pull better out of the tight stuff. 75 percent of my riding is in the mountains and foothills, a few more ponies would sure be nice. I'm thinking like maybe 68 to 70 plus HP would be so much better for this bike. All that being said I enjoy the bike for what it is and have other bikes with more HP. I just need to change my mind set on the other bikes to stay out of trouble on them mountain roads.

The V7 for the most part keeps me inside that safety zone with the twisty stuff, which we have a great deal of out here in California. I didn't learn to ride until I experienced this elevation change 15 mph turn riding I get out here. Learning to dive into a 15 mph turn going down hill is a whole different skill set which I was at first ill equipped for.

I don't have much issue with the 50 hp thing so much. But will admit another 10 hp on this bike would make it pull better out of the tight stuff. 75 percent of my riding is in the mountains and foothills, a few more ponies would sure be nice. I'm thinking like maybe 68 to 70 plus HP would be so much better for this bike. All that being said I enjoy the bike for what it is and have other bikes with more HP. I just need to change my mind set on the other bikes to stay out of trouble on them mountain roads.

The V7 for the most part keeps me inside that safety zone with the twisty stuff, which we have a great deal of out here in California. I didn't learn to ride until I experienced this elevation change 15 mph turn riding I get out here. Learning to dive into a 15 mph turn going down hill is a whole different skill set which I was at first ill equipped for.
820cc 2V and 4V conversion kits are in the works, along with the associated mapping. Todd will be making them available after he converts a 2016 V7S II to 820cc, and a 2016 V7R II to 820cc and 4 valve heads this summer.
I can say that just a 4V conversion will really make a difference in horsepower....night and day difference from the 2V bikes....

I have done a big bore kit and an aftermarket ECU. Why? Because I like wrenching.
Does it help the bike? Sure. But ultimately you do it because you can't help yourself.
That is it exactly. I started modifying my 2010 V7C to make it how I wanted it to be. There were a few things I didn't like when I bought it, the plastic tank, the handlebars, no rearsets available...It was a challenge to change those things...but it was fun too...to see if I could make it work...
I was talking to a friend of mine in Memphis, a Triumph dealer, and he told me that the Guzzi V7's were by far preferred as a first choice for people that came in his shop, but they just didn't have enough horsepower.
Another challenge....

I'm lookin for some ecu info from todd. Agostini slip ons and wanna buy a filter. Have my dB killers in but I just took them off and the sound is astonishing But I won't ride it around for the high fear of leaning it out. Also I don't know how much I'll be slipping those dB killers in and out soo would it be okay to get it tunes without dB killers then put them in once and a while if I wanna be quieter lol. I figured it would just run a littler richer. Better rich then lean. How fast of a turn around for the ecu if I rush it to you?

How fast of a turn around for the ecu if I rush it to you?
Happy to be of help Kyle. I do same day turn-arounds, out the next day. Contact me direct e-mail for more info; Todd at GuzziTech.com - or puchase the service online when ready, and I'll send you my mailing address.

Ok. I have Todd's ECU remap for Aogostini pipes. 1200 miles on my '15V7 Stone (only had it a week so far) and the driveability is SPOT on.
Up and down thru the range the bike is as good as any of my others-all of which have had professional tuners set them up.

Very happy with the value and 100% pleased with the performance.

Ok. I have Todd's ECU remap for Aogostini pipes. 1200 miles on my '15V7 Stone (only had it a week so far) and the driveability is SPOT on.
Up and down thru the range the bike is as good as any of my others-all of which have had professional tuners set them up.

Very happy with the value and 100% pleased with the performance.

How did you get your throttle body off? I know how to physically remove it I have everything out but the actual cables that run to the black plastic part facing the battery. Assuming those are the throttle body cables. If i take the star bolts off what happens is the a free flaring spring behind it? That's all that is holding me back. Lol what am I gunna break 2014 v7r

Alright that's what I figured. I just was weary because I didn't know exactly what was behind it and didn't wanna chance it. The second it's off its getting shipped to todd lol. Tha KS again for the response

Lol well I got it out, thanks for the tips. Kind of a pain in the ass menuvering it out of there. Will go back in MUCH easier now that I know how it all goes

I have done a big bore kit and an aftermarket ECU. Why? Because I like wrenching.
Does it help the bike? Sure. But ultimately you do it because you can't help yourself.

You're just another sick puppy......in a good way. My vest friend is a commercial pilot and he was telling me the other day that on a flight from New York to San Francisco, he and the co-pilot talked bikes all the way to the point they almost missed the first approach heading adustments for SFO.. LOL.

Back