• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7II Gear lever

organfixsing

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Just bought a new V7 II Stone. Sold my Breva 1100. I am having trouble shifting up a gear due to the placement of the gear pedal. I had no problem on the Breva but the gear pedal on the Stone seems to be too low and too close to the footrest.
Eyeballing the present setup, I think I need to go forward 50mm and up 80mm,
Anybody got any ideas. Does anyone else have this problem? Perhaps it is the way I sit on the machine?
Cheers
Brian C

Just bought a new V7 II Stone. Sold my Breva 1100. I am having trouble shifting up a gear due to the placement of the gear pedal. I had no problem on the Breva but the gear pedal on the Stone seems to be too low and too close to the footrest.
Eyeballing the present setup, I think I need to go forward 50mm and up 80mm,
Anybody got any ideas. Does anyone else have this problem? Perhaps it is the way I sit on the machine?
Cheers
Brian C
I have looked at pictures of the Breva 1100 and come to the conclusion that a movw forward is all that is requred. I didn't think that my feet were that big at 43 Euro!!!

Cheers
Bruan

On the older v7 series you can move it up and down via the linkage. I was able to move it a little further back, by drilling and tapping a new hole and inserting a new shift peg.

Hi Brian, congrats on the V7 II! Hope you'll add your info to the Registry; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.9108/ - you'll be first!

Seems you got the lever figured out, and I'm sure the shifting will get easier once the miles/km pile on.

I have now fixed the problem. The toe lever was too far down. I managed to bring the toe end up by adjusting the gear lever tie rod, i.e. lengthening it. It was in a prick of a place to get at but is doable with some skinned knuckles. The bike is now a dream to ride. The gearbox is every bit as good as the BREVA one was. I am very pleased.
I must take some photos and update my profile.

Cheers
Brian

I adjusted my lever linkages and what a bitch of a job. Wait until you end up adjusting the stinking clutch adjustment behind the transmission. Maybe they changed it on the six speed....HOPEFULLY.., that thing is a nightmare to adjust.

I adjusted my lever linkages and what a bitch of a job. Wait until you end up adjusting the stinking clutch adjustment behind the transmission. Maybe they changed it on the six speed....HOPEFULLY.., that thing is a nightmare to adjust.
I cant comment on the relative difficulty of adjusting shift linkages, since I haven't needed to to it on either the '13 or '16 Stone, but I can say that the lower clutch cable and it's adjuster on the pushrod lever are much more accessible on the '16 than on the '13. So, yes, they did change it for the better on the 6-sp.

People are calling the V7 II a 2016 model. Probably because here in the USA we usually get everything a year later.
Yes, it's officially a 2016 model. Strange, I know, but that's how it was sold, that's how my state (RI) registered it, that's how my insurance company (GEICO) insures it, and that's how CA certifies it for air quality. As a 2016 model.

I can see the advantage to the insurance companies calling it a 2016 model......if you made a claim in 2015 they would not have to pay out as the bike would obviously not exist!

AndyB

Newbie here (well to the guzzi world). I picked up a 2013 Stone this year and the shifter is so low I can barely get my toe under it. I was able to get the lower nut loosened, but I think I might have to call David Blane or David Copperfield to get the top nut on the linkage loose. How do you get to it? I'm ready to bend my 10mm wrench at a 90 degree angle. Any tips, or an easier way to adjust the lever? Thanks

No, the two nuts that are connected to the lengthening rod right in front of the swingarm. The lower one is cake, the upper one is impossible to loosen.

Left-hand threads. You loosen both nuts and twist the shaft to change the adjustment. Or, pull the lever I mentioned off the shaft and reposition with the footpeg higher.

Yeah, I could tell it was reverse threaded. The problem I am having is getting a wrench on the upper nut. May have to take it off the shaft instead.

Or remove the shaft you were working on. Take the little spring clips out of the ball joints and it will come right off. Good opportunity to put some lube in there as well.

I just adjusted my '15 the other day. To get at the top lock nut on the adjuster, I pushed the gear lever down (like shifting into 1st) and tied it to the kickstand. This moves the linkage up for better access to the top nut from the top side of the swingarm. Hope this helps, worked for me.

Well, I tried tying shifter all the way down and still couldn't get at the nut. Soooo, I just loosened the allen bolt that holds on the shifter shaft and moved the shifter that way. Took about 2 minutes total. Wish I hasn't wasted half the day trying to get at that nut. The best news is that I took it for a spin and it shifts great now, much easier. Thanks folks!

Back