• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Nick, wow, interesting. Understood about the weight. Love to get your VIN # and info for the first post here. Did you trade your Griso or did it find a new owner?

Out of sheer curiosity...what is the point in posting VIN #'s? I thought that would be something one would want to keep private?

Nick, wow, interesting. Understood about the weight. Love to get your VIN # and info for the first post here. Did you trade your Griso or did it find a new owner?
I'll search for the VIN # and post later. As for the Griso, it was traded in. It was tough to say goodbye, but very happy with this new bike. Might be speaking to you about suspension options early next year.

Little different look too with the black side covers.

731371E3-BA7F-47B9-82F5-DD6642AF4A96_zpsb2wlfxri.jpg

Looks great mate, but then, every different colour, accessory, pipes, whatever iv'e seen on a V7 looks great. It's hard to fuck up perfection.
Like the knee grips on the tank.

Out of sheer curiosity...what is the point in posting VIN #'s? I thought that would be something one would want to keep private?
Anything that can be obtained from simply walking by a bike in any public situation is terribly non-private. Having the VIN# is the only real reference of the bike, and it's just done for fun to see where the bikes go in time.

I'll search for the VIN # and post later. As for the Griso, it was traded in. It was tough to say goodbye, but very happy with this new bike. Might be speaking to you about suspension options early next year.
I bet that was the case with the Griso... and very good on the suspension. Happy to be of help. Do you still have the '09 Classic too?

Howdy all,

I've been eyeballing a Guzzi since the Breva was introduced for 2003, and reading Melissa Pierson's "The Perfect Vehicle".
As well, I have been watching the V7's evolution for a couple years, and was very taken with that models classic looks.

With the introduction of the latest iteration of the V7 II Stone, my will to resist was finally overcome!
I traded in my Yamaha FZ07 for a 2016 V7 II Stone, in basic black, this past Friday; VIN#ZGULWUB06GM200302

I took a test ride, with a chance to try the bike over some rough but scenic roads near the dealer, and was pleasantly surprised with the generally good ride, handling and performance from a stock bike. I'm 5'10 176 lbs, so near the ideal range imagined by the bikes designers.

I have put on almost a hundred miles so far, and I think i'll be giving Todd some of my money for the ECU reflash. I had Dynoworks in Washington state reflash the ECU for my Yamaha, and it made a good bike great, so I can imagine the positive effects on the Guzzi.

The Guzzi mystique still lives in these new V7s; this bike really does have a character. It reminds me of my horses, the four legged kind...;)

IMG 0543

With the introduction of the latest iteration of the V7 II Stone, my will to resist was finally overcome! I traded in my Yamaha FZ07 for a 2016 V7 II Stone, in basic black, this past Friday; VIN#ZGULWUB06GM200302
Congrats and welcome to the Famiglia and Forum. The FZ-07 is a fun bike, but completely lacks any real panache that the V7 exudes.
Look forward to being of help in allowing it to run correctly. Appreciate the VIN info as well. Post often.

Congrats and welcome to the Famiglia and Forum. The FZ-07 is a fun bike, but completely lacks any real panache that the V7 exudes.
Look forward to being of help in allowing it to run correctly. Appreciate the VIN info as well. Post often.

Thank YOU, Todd, for shepherding so many good things for the Guzzi crowd through the chaos of the interwebs.

The FZ07 is a great bike; really ideal for new/casual riders, since it is so much like a modern appliance, they'll get a bike they'll never have to think about. Unfortunately, it's like a modern appliance, and you never want to think about it! :D

I bet that was the case with the Griso... and very good on the suspension. Happy to be of help. Do you still have the '09 Classic too?

OK the VIN# for my 15 v7II is ZGULW1008FM201998

Unfortunately the '09 Classic is gone. My wife had a bad accident on it. She's fine now, but the bike was a write off. For now she's riding two-up with me on the new V7II, but hope she wants to get one for herself next year.

V7II side

Here's my 2013 V7 Special. I purchased it in March of 2015, got my license on 4/28, took off and haven't looked back.
VIN#ZGULWU010DM200092

Now 7 months and 9400 miles into my V7 experience (also my only motorcycle experience).
The bike has proven to be exactly everything I expected, all in a good way.
Merit badges earned:
• 50 miles in the rain
• 500 miles in a day
• 2000 miles in a month
• Los Angeles to Lake Tahoe (46°F in summer riding gear!) and back via Tonopah and Death Valley
• Los Angeles to San Luis Obispo
• Los Angeles to Sequoia Nat'l Park
• DIY oil change (sump, gearbox and final drive)
• DIY valve adjustment (easiest valve adjustment EVER)
• Crash! (minor, although getting permanently creamed was only one synaptic misfire away)
• 3 drops (and 3 broken clutch levers)
• Tendency towards target fixation seems to have been purged

Haven't been compelled to modify the bike extensively. Just some little personal problem solvers:
• Dart Fly Screen (mitigates torso parachute effect somewhat)
• Napoleon bar end mirrors (SO MUCH BETTER than the stock moth antennas which did little more than remind me of which jacket I was wearing)
• Exhaust Wrap (looks better than the rather random bluing)
• Cafe seat (bum stop peace of mind and a bit of a go fast look)
• Knee pads
• Racer tank strap 1136x852b6a5f2a812d943e0b0c6f54d3aa34b0blarge 12274205 10207946738205756 1300683892105918292 n

First posted a pic in 2014 of my newly aquired 2013 V7 Stone. Here she is today with some mods. Last photo is her in touring mode.

- Suspension
-- Matris fork pre-load kit w/ Eibach linear rate springs
-- Bitubo Rear Shocks (Factory Racer)
-- Suspension Tuning by Dave Moss
- Exhaust/Intake
-- Mistral Reverse Cone Slip-ons
-- BMC air filter
- Fueling/ECU
-- ECU reflash/Rexxer map via PPM, Rancho Cordova, CA
- Controls
-- Rizoma bar (MA001B) and cross brace (MA108B)
-- ProGrip 780 Superbike Grips
-- ProGrip lever covers
-- Factory Racer rearsets
- Mirrors/Body Protection
-- CRG Blind Sight Mirror (R-side only)
-- Rhino Moto Bar-end Sliders
- Lights
-- PIAA H4 headlight bulb
-- Oberon LED Mini Indicators
- Miscellaneous
-- BAAK Fender Eliminator (includes new LED tail light/plate light)
-- BAAK Bash Guard
-- Factory metal "Moto Guzzi" tank badge
-- Agostini Passenger Pegs
-- Plasti-dipped injector covers
-- Passenger grab-bar delete

Coming soon... (pending install)
- Tommaselli Clip-ons w/ complete factory conversion parts (from V7 Racer)
- Gauge/headlight lowering bracket
- BAAK aluminum front fender

Hope you like her...

V72 V71 V73 ZLA

Weird. You would have thought the numbers were sequential. Do you like your bike?
Yes, I really like it. Guzzi made a lot of improvements in the last few years. I plan on doing some modifications to it, brakes/suspension/exhaust etc. this winter.
Right now I'm just enjoying putting miles on it.

Back