• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GT-Modded new turn-key V9/7

I...

• LOVE this concept, I'd buy one regardless of price

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Think it's great, but I'll just buy a stock V9 B/R

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I like the new models as is.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not interested at all in the small block

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Original post below. Outcome here; http://ridemalibu.com/bikes/v97/

5D2451A2 20FB 431D A6C2 F025CF950D98

I'll be studying feasibility on brand new, built-to-order turn-key V9's. They will not be cheap, but will come with a checklist of options including suspension, wheels, brakes and exhaust, along with other customizable options. Your thoughts/input?

GT V9II

I need a vote button for " If I were to buy a small block that is what I would want, just not sure I want a small block".
I find the concept very interesting, especially with the 4 valve heads. I have a Lario and think a modern Lario with a bigger motor would be cool.

Therein lies the rub. Most Guzzitas, including me, are cheap bastards. We may end up putting a ton of money in our bikes over time, but out the door? May be a tough sell. That's a V7 in your pic. Is your intention to make a V9 look like a V7?
I believe the idea is to build a "V9" out of a V7, increasing the displacement with Todds big bore kit. Add in the 4 valve heads and it makes some fairly serious power, more than the factory V9, I believe.
I am sure Todd will correct me if I am wrong, but that is what I thought he meant.

I didn't vote but I like the idea, I get hung up on the "regardless of price" part, but that is with anything that I purchase.

I didn't vote but I like the idea, I get hung up on the "regardless of price" part, but that is with anything that I purchase.
Yes, so clearly building one at OEM pricing on even the V9 cost isn't do-able of course, so the plan is to try and get the V7 II's and modify them to above, with any other options (suspension and exhaust perhaps) that someone would add any way. Once the V9's are retailed and scheduled for delivery, I can get an idea on which is best. Upside to the V9 is wider swing arm width, downside is wheel selection from the factory.
Myself and mwrenn will be building the above bike with 4V heads.

Go on tell me more... :) This is what we have talked about Todd, I WANT IN!!! LOL

Now with that said, I still want a V11 sized engine Cafe Racer style to compete with the new 1200 cc Triumph's they've stepped up there game. I am hoping Guzzi does too. It doesn't have to be exact displacement as the new Triumph's but something in the ball park would be nice...

Last edited:
Now with that said, I still want a V11 sized engine Cafe Racer style to compete with the new 1200 cc Triumph's they've stepped up there game.
Fred, I'm working on something else you'll want instead. Stay tuned.

Fred, I'm working on something else you'll want instead. Stay tuned.
I'm in on this also....
I have been sitting on a V11 Jackal to turn into a V7 (Todd I think you did one some years back)
but if I could buy a GT Tech already done with engine & suspension tuned........ I'll wait & not get my hands dirty.
I'm at that point in life where I want to ride & not wrench.

I'm in on this also.... I have been sitting on a V11 Jackal to turn into a V7 (Todd I think you did one some years back) but if I could buy a GT Tech already done with engine & suspension tuned........ I'll wait & not get my hands dirty.
I'm at that point in life where I want to ride & not wrench.
Ah, very good... yes I did do a GT-1100SS, and I am working on another which I should have done next month. What I am hinting to is a version that Guzzi refused to bring in (Bellagio), but with a 1380cc 8V motor and CARC/Monoshock. This is what we have begun working on.

GT 1100SS

I'm holding out for a Falcone with a Balongney Slicer and I'll take off the flywheel shroud to save weight.

nuovo+falcone+racing+6.jpg

Ah, very good... yes I did do a GT-1100SS, and I am working on another which I should have done next month. What I am hinting to is a version that Guzzi refused to bring in (Bellagio), but with a 1380cc 8V motor and CARC/Monoshock. This is what we have begun working on.

View attachment 9429
Awesome brother, I am leaving Milano tomorrow and can't wait to see you this coming week or weekend! Oh BTW, I am drooling over this bike... haha

Todd,
While V9 B/R are well designed and likely great bikes they arent my style anymore.
I would want something like the V9 engine with 65-70 hp or so in a classic bike like V7.
And therefore your idea is highly embraced!

Might be a crazy question:
any plans to ship overseas back to Europe and maybe establish a beach head over here for maintenance?
I could imagine one or the other Guzzi dealers over here to bite into your concept yearning for a classic midrange tourer above V7
to please the old farts of their customers like me, which have the money to spend but wouldnt find a suitable bike in Guzzi's current portfolio. I know some who decided to resell Victory besides MG to braoden their offering.

Anyway, until something comparable comes in sight I will keep riding my V7, which no doubt, is a pleasure to do.

Cheers

Might be a crazy question: any plans to ship overseas back to Europe and maybe establish a beach head over here for maintenance?
Joerg, very good, and thanks for the input. I would say we can certainly ship anywhere as the bike should be world compliant as to the VIN#. Any Guzzi agent should be able to handle maintenance as it will be standard Guzzi affair. I am awaiting the day that a delivery date and pricing on the V9 B/R is announced. If any one stumbles on it, and doesn't see it here, please post.

What I am hinting to is a version that Guzzi refused to bring in (Bellagio), but with a 1380cc 8V motor and CARC/Monoshock. This is what we have begun working on.

The V9 is actually growing on me Todd, and since I already have a V7, I would actually prefer a V9 with the full GT-Rx treatment but with a 1400 motor or 1200 8V; the 4v conversion even would be fun with the new v9 motor. I like the look of the heads on your 4v racer...has that old school aesthetic. Will you be doing something like that?

Last edited:
Back