• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

stone front forks

BSAndy

Tuned and Synch'ed
my forks are very stiff and jumpy not fluid and much travel
and i thought i just wait out the breakin period but after 5000mi
nothing has changed .
changing tires soon and would like too improve
my forks also at the same time . it seems to be a tightness problem not a
spring issue maybe a new fork oil wt
any ideas?
A

Todd has lots of options (store button above). At the very least you should get some springs calibrated for your weight. There are pre-load adjustment caps, valving options, and even complete drop-in cartridges. Some of the simpler upgrades are very easy to do yourself (remove the top caps on the forks and swap). Send Todd a note and tell him what you are looking for (and your budget) and he can hook you up.

Sometimes suspension that is too soft ends up feeling too stiff, as the suspension uses up most of its travel from the weight of the rider and the bike. Unless you are a feather weight, it is rare that stock Guzzi suspension is too stiff. But it is possible.
Talking to Todd and seeing the options he has is a good idea.
Measuring your sag, and comparing the sag with you on the bike to the sag under just the weight of the bike, can both help you figure out where you need to go as it will tell you where you are.

Have you checked if you forks are not twisted in the triple clamps? That would create what you describe.

Have you checked if you forks are not twisted in the triple clamps? That would create what you describe.
thats hard to check on this bike gators and all how do suggest i test that
maybe just changing the oil and reinstalling the forks and wheel will alert me to the issue

I switch to 7.5 oil weight and the forks became more fluid with movement, and then I purchased some pre load adjusters from e bay, (41mm), those help a great deal with the brake dive. Just dialed those in until it didn't dive so bad. So far it all worked out for me very well, I'm happy with the results. My weight 185 lbs, Hope that helps. This will help but it's not as good as some other alternatives. Depends on the roads and style of riding you do as far as how much you need to spend on that front end.

If you can afford it, I'd go with that kit that Tod put together, mention on the above post, that thing is the ticket. Especially if you ride aggressive and on bad roads.

Last edited:
Good thread. I'm having the same thoughts. $500 US on front springs plus similar spend on the rear is probably much better value than $1500 for a slip on muffler (although loud pipes on an Italian bike are mandatory).

Last edited:
Back