• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2012 V7 with 4V Heads

After some slight tweaks, Mike ran his 4V-V7 again today on the dyno. Below shows an overlay of his bike (blue trace) versus a stock 2013 V7 (red trace). Mike's 4V is still using the stock V7 cam... Impressive for sure. Next up is the 820cc big bore on my newly arriving V7 II Racer. Should be able to achieve 60 rwhp. Stay tuned.

StockBoreV74V vs StockV7 Dyno

Thought Id post up the last run, where the tech ran it to the rev limiter in every gear. The tech showed me where speed topped out at 127 mph. I was happy with the result. The graph overlay in the previous post tells the tale...sheesh....Todd's Racer will have no problem making 60 RWHP, and be bullet proof too.
Anyway, last run was 54.99 RWHP...fun stuff... 20150826 185654 002

that is sweet, did you get to dyno the ported 2V heads?

OK so it looks like a month has gone by since Todds last post......News?
We've had a few interesting hurdles since trying to retro fit my 2016... mainly new push rods and (thanks to Mike) custom made lifter cups that drop/press into the stock lifters. Mike used stock Lario lifters in his, and we're trying to make the kit as plug and play as possible. I just got the new custom length push rods yesterday, and will be working on re-assembly this weekend. More as I have it.

My 820-4V is running, just finalizing the mapping on the 820-2V & 4V this week. For those who have bought the kit already, I'll be in touch for details early next week or sooner.
Awesome news Todd! Looking forward to ride reports on both bikes!

mwrenn,
Great to read about the 4 valve conversion! I too have a set of Imola heads and have looked st this same setup! Who did your machine work and what valves did you use? Any info would be very helpful.
Thanks, Rex

Has any comparison been done: flow of the Lario 4V heads vs the new V7III hemi heads in stock form?
As in flow data? No, and likely won’t happen any time soon unless I have two apart again at the same time, and even then all of my time to do things like this typically gets ignored when it comes time to purchase things (not directed at you Godfrey).
I have a whole other thread dedicated to my work on this kit with dyno info.

I have been working on this project for more than a year now. Mainly gathering parts together. I wanted to see if it was feasible to take some Imola heads, machine them out to match Lario heads, and install and run them on my V7 Classic. Tonight I finished lapping in the valves on one head, and installing the valve springs.
I hope to have the project running by next week. It will involve changing the cam and lifters, replacing the pushrods, installing different cylinder studs, locating the cylinder head temp sensor on the replacement head, replacing the pistons, and installing the replacements heads with the different rocker shafts.
In order to give the engine a chance at longevity, I had the cam and lifters DLC coated, I'm using forged cylinder studs from a Volkswagen racing engine. I sourced the valves from Kibblewhite, and will use stock Guzzi progressive valve springs. I found two stock V75 pistons on eBay, I had them lightened and ceramic coated to match the weight of the stock pistons. I also had two custom weight wrist pins manufactured.
For fueling and ignition, I am using the the V7 Classic ECU with a reflash by Todd, I have also added a power Commander V with auto tune so that I can play with the fuel mixtures.
Anyway, here are a few pics I took tonight. I am planning on a Dyno run once it's together and running good.
Are these the 350 Imola Heads ? how rare are they in the states? I am interested in doing the same to my V7ii however such things don't exist in Australia :)
I really admire your work!

I know from a group I was in that a lot of the Subaru automobile bits were interchangeable like Lego, heads from these years worked on those cars etc…

How much work is required to use / fit the 4 valve heads on a ”current“ engine, simply from a barrel to head dome perspective, alignment ? ? ?
Or do they just bolt on and go - Not…

This is over a half decade later , but did anyone else notice that his original head assembly
had the valve springs upside down ? Peter

This is over a half decade later , but did anyone else notice that his original head assembly
had the valve springs upside down ? Peter
I do now. That was Mike's build.
Interestingly enough, I thought 60 rwhp was attainable, and shockingly I saw 70 rwhp on my most recent tune with the 820cc motor with close to ~25k+ miles on it.

I do now. That was Mike's build.
Interestingly enough, I thought 60 rwhp was attainable, and shockingly I saw 70 rwhp on my most recent tune with the 820cc motor with close to ~25k+ miles on it.
With that much power being put down to the pavement one has to ride !!

Back