• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Opinions please. V7 or V7II

Hi I'm new and have been riding for a long time
Returning to Mg after riding classic British and Japanese
I really love the look of the classic ( the black version )though it's also nearly 8 years old
I'm not sure I like the blacked out style of the Nero v7 ii special but the upgraded gearbox and electronics etc
Heart says classic but the head says latest V7 ii special
Help me out here
J

Last edited:
Hi I'm new and have been riding for a long time
Returning to Mg after riding classic British and Japanese
I really love the look of the classic ( the black version )though it's also nearly 8 years old
I'm not sure I like the blacked out style of the Nero v7 ii special but the upgraded gearbox and electronics etc
Heart says classic but the head says latest V7 ii special
Help me out here
J
Hi, welcome to the forum! I have a V7 Classic, and a V7II Racer. The Racer is a much better bike in my opinion. It has the steel tank, nicer wheels, better transmission. Not to mention the ABS and traction control.
I would get the V7 II Special.
Cheers!

To confirm what Mike says above, the upgrades made from the original '09-12 model to 13-15 is likely worth the difference in cost alone, and if ABS is important to you, then V7 II Special it is.
Welcome to the GT Guzzi Famiglia in advance.

To confirm what Mike says above, the upgrades made from the original '09-12 model to 13-15 is likely worth the difference in cost alone, and if ABS is important to you, then V7 II Special it is.
Welcome to the GT Guzzi Famiglia in advance.
I actually bought a 14 because i didn't want ABS, I kind of like the more pure riding expirience

I've got a Stone V7II.. I have ridden both and preferred the VII but one thing I always do is turn the Traction Control off.
Its a great idea but it bugs me how it cuts in on some bumpy surfaces when your powering out of a corner but apart from that
its a great little bike.
It took me a bit of time getting used to the lack of power as I was used to 150hp bikes but after a year I actually prefer it over big hp.
The best fun is on tight corners and if you have the pipes opened up well its even better :)

There is another thread on here that has much of the opinions you are looking for called: Opinions Please. V7 or V7ll? I tried to padte a link but this tablet leaves a bit to be desired.
Notice I said opinions. It all boils down to reading the pros and cons and deciding. I like the style and price of the older models but the 6 speed and abs would probably sway me if I was in the market. An old one could be bought new and have the suspension upgraded for the cost of a new one and the 5 speed seems to be a decent trans. So you can argue either way.

hey thanks very much guys a lot of fantastic info here i was thinking it was going to be easy choice bugger

I rode a V7 a few years ago in town. Didn't think much of it just a smaller under pwered version of BB tonti. Got a chance to test ride a V7II at the National 2016. I was shock as to how much fun I had. Took it out on a remote country road - no traffic and had a blast. Everything about it was great. Braking, suspension, handling. Power was just right to keep me out of trouble and still managed to ride between 75 and 90 mph.

When Riders Hill was still open I tested both a C14 & a V7.
It was a fairly short test ride up 129 thru some nice twisty curves.
The V7 was a blast & I really liked it but I knew that in flat land Florida it would get real boring (for me) real quick.

I really wish I was closer to Todd & could rent his modded V7R for a day to see how it fits.

I rode a V7 a few years ago in town. Didn't think much of it just a smaller under pwered version of BB tonti. Got a chance to test ride a V7II at the National 2016. I was shock as to how much fun I had. Took it out on a remote country road - no traffic and had a blast. Everything about it was great. Braking, suspension, handling. Power was just right to keep me out of trouble and still managed to ride between 75 and 90 mph.

Most of that difference was YOU lol.

Most of that difference was YOU lol.
Yes and No. Think Trout hit the nail on the head. Guzzi doesn't shine on boring roads. I call guzzi mountain bikes, but that moniker is taken.

I also test rode the V9 Bobber, w/ fat front tire. A little more low end torque but the V7 was quicker handling, more comfortable. Didn't like the foot peg position on the V9.

Yes and No. Think Trout hit the nail on the head. Guzzi doesn't shine on boring roads. I call guzzi mountain bikes, but that moniker is taken.

I also test rode the V9 Bobber, w/ fat front tire. A little more low end torque but the V7 was quicker handling, more comfortable. Didn't like the foot peg position on the V9.

No my point was that the bike didn't change your perception of it changed.

I prefer my V7 on the "checkerboard roads" more the my Norge.
Riding in a straight line the V7 is engaging and still, for me, a lot of fun. Those same long stretches on a S/T bike get boring.

Just goes to show how different we all are.

I prefer my V7 on the "checkerboard roads" more the my Norge.
Riding in a straight line the V7 is engaging and still, for me, a lot of fun. Those same long stretches on a S/T bike get boring.

I'm with him!!

No my point was that the bike didn't change your perception of it changed.
Agreed. With a little help from a beautiful country road.

My buddy loved it too. He's thinking of trading it the Shiver, great bike but too much power, for a V7II. That way if his son might get interested in biking he won't have access to a crotch rocket. Guzzi's are safer 'cause they're HP limits hazards of testosterone in a young'n.

Yup!
ps
Hey, I was the former king of fleece. I'm a electric gear guy now and love it. I don't look like the Michelin man anymore. Got into Smart wool for a while but the moths were too much for me. Too expensive. Did get some 32 degree shirts. They work as well as the wool but they are a lot less expensive and moths don't like synthetics. 32 d works well with heated liners.

Nice. The name's a holdover. I was in the ski/snowmobile market in prototyping, design, and testing for years.
When we developed the seat cover fabric that end took off and I gave the other aspects away.

Back