• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM ECU V7 & V9 Flash Tool

I will be ordering one of these. Is there any reason I should get the latest mapping from the dealer prior to reprogramming with the ECU programming box? I believe I heard the dealers got one in 2015.
You could, unless there is a time and cost associated, as I can load the tool with the latest map for you as well. If you do get the latest map, it will store to the tool when you plug in and read it.

It is time and money and I am hoping to not use the dealer if I can. While I didn't catch it right away they only did an oil change for the 1st 600 mile service -- looking at the factory service intervals they were to do much more including a valve adjustment. Lost my faith in them.

Yes, head re-torque is critical with valve lash re-adjust, along with the complete PDI list.

Who'd a thought a shop that services Ferrari's can't service do proper service on a Motorcycle. Thanks Todd. I'll try to get this on order tomorrow.

So, just to make it clear for me, If I buy it, I will not be able to use it on anything else except for the bike I currently own? Not even if I buy a V7II in a couple years? Or any bike with the same ECU model for that matter?

Thanks

So, just to make it clear for me, If I buy it, I will not be able to use it on anything else except for the bike I currently own? Not even if I buy a V7II in a couple years? Or any bike with the same ECU model for that matter?
That is correct. The unit is programmed to connect only with one ECU. I would offer a decent discount to repeat customers.

That is correct. The unit is programmed to connect only with one ECU. I would offer a decent discount to repeat customers.

Thanks Todd!

I was planning on sending my ECU sooner or later anyways, but now, with not a significant difference in price, I might as well just a buy the flash tool unit... Especially if I plan on playing with the bike in the future.

Last edited:
I just finished the flash with this tool during lunch. I did this in 2-steps. Yesterday I backed up the original and today I loaded the modified file Todd provided.

I installed a set of Mistral slip-ons. Nothing else (header, crossover, etc). The bike actually ran okay with the change-over. Not really that different from stock and I almost didn't consider buying this flash tool. There was a faint pop on decel but really nothing at all after I installed the Mistrals. I did a similar Mistral swap on my old V11 sport and didn't re-flash that bike and ran in a similar fashion. For the cost of the Mistrals, even without a flash I would say it made sense for me if for nothing other than aesthetic/cleaner/lighter for anyone considering

The Mrs gave me an early BDay gift and told me to get this so I can play. I will say the bike feels much smoother and maybe a tad more responsive on the throttle (I didn't say faster.....Todd, it isn't faster is it? :>). Just all and all seems smoother and runs better. Many thx Todd and very happy with the results although I haven't really taken it out yet for a long ride.

Note: You do need to leave the "key on" to back up the file and install the new. The back-up to ~15 minutes and the load was half that. Make sure you have a good battery charge before you begin.

I will say the bike feels much smoother and maybe a tad more responsive on the throttle (I didn't say faster.....Todd, it isn't faster is it? :>). Just all and all seems smoother and runs better. Many thx Todd and very happy with the results although I haven't really taken it out yet for a long ride.
Thanks Bob. More efficient fuel burn and cooling almost always results in more power, but power gains are subject to intake and exhaust flow revisions. Fueling/AFR ratios, timing and air temp tables are the focus for better cold start, cooler running and impressive throttle response and smoothness.

I will second what bob says, a full battery is very important before you start. The backup process took 25 and download took 40 minutes on my griso. Only about 5 minutes both ways on the Cali.

I'm putting some$ away for the unit but this month the gubment wants, and will get, my tax dollars

Hey Todd, I have Mistral CF mufflers on my bike and there's a real lag in power and acceleration now. Is there a reflash that can be done? I just spoke to the Guzzi rep from Piaggio while he was in my store and he told me there is nothing that can be done for the 2016's. I didn't like that answer and that's why I'm asking here.

Hey Todd, I have Mistral CF mufflers on my bike and there's a real lag in power and acceleration now. Is there a reflash that can be done? I just spoke to the Guzzi rep from Piaggio while he was in my store and he told me there is nothing that can be done for the 2016's. I didn't like that answer and that's why I'm asking here.
I've done many 2016 V7 II's, from stock to similar mods as yours, and I've also done several '16 820cc big bores and my RentAGuzzi '16 Racer 820cc with 4V heads... so yep, sure can. My flash tool at the head of this thread will do it, or contact me direct email; Info at GuzziTech.com

Hey All, I just purchased Todd's V7 Exhaust and ECU tool. Looking for a bit of instruction from someone who has done this before.

I see that I have a pos & neg set of clamps presumably to power the device when plugged into the bike. In addition I have the 16-pin to 3-pin connector that goes from the device to the bike. Is there a particular order in which this must be done? Do I power the device first and then plug it in, does the ignition need to be on, where do I plug into the bike - is it at one of the O2 sensor cables or elsewhere?

Much appreciated.

-Chris

Hey All, I just purchased Todd's V7 Exhaust and ECU tool. Looking for a bit of instruction from someone who has done this before.

I see that I have a pos & neg set of clamps presumably to power the device when plugged into the bike. In addition I have the 16-pin to 3-pin connector that goes from the device to the bike. Is there a particular order in which this must be done? Do I power the device first and then plug it in, does the ignition need to be on, where do I plug into the bike - is it at one of the O2 sensor cables or elsewhere?

Much appreciated.

-Chris
FWIW-I did this in the past 2 weeks. I plugged the power clips first then the ECU. Not sure if this was proper but did successfully load my new map. The key does need to be on to read the map. My bike took a good 20 minutes. The load of the new map was 7-8 minutes.

Hope this helps a little.

Did the reflash this morning on my factory stock V7II special. Everything went well, and just as others mentioned before, it became a completely different (much better) bike.
Only one add, when first start the software on the PC, run it as administrator. Otherwise during the update process it stops working. It took me half an hour to figure out what the problem was.

Hey all,

Got my tool and saved the stock map yesterday.

Today, plugging it in my PC and it doesn't show. Meaning i get the sound that it's plugged in, but the device is nowhere to be found on the PC...

Thanks

To answer my own question and to share with everyone else, the problem is that I need an older computer... Apparently the new 3.0 type usb ports would not work with the older 2.0 type the tool is using...

None of the computers I've connected it to have recognized it so far. Neither new or oldish... Am I doing something wrong? Connected it to a computer via USB port, shows that it's connected, but stays in Unspecified category under Devices and Printers. No options to activate it or such. Just stays there.

Thanks

Back