• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

LiYE1wf.jpg

Hello from Edmonton, Alberta. I've got a 2013 v7 racer. VIN: ZGULWU027DM200230

I figured I would upload a current picture of my '14 V7 Special.

image-jpeg.10224

List of improvements (so far):
  • Stock V7R seat modified (in profile) and reupholstered using material that is similar in color to the paint.
  • Minimalist tail tidy.
  • Clubman bars with bar end mirrors.
  • Rear signals swapped out with smaller temporary ones. I will be doing the same to the front signals later this week.
Todd: I still plan on purchasing the Motogadget signals off you. A real estate purchase recently went firm and according to my wife, that takes priority ;).

-Chris

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 421
that warning label on the rear shock stands out. Great looking bike otherwise! I like that color combo best

I've ordered a passenger kit from Italy and installed the parts.
The kit has:
seat for two:
JAoEyj.jpg

for real i miss the look of solo seat. So when i ride along i use the stock seat. if i need to take temporary passenger for a short ride she can sit on the bump i think without the cowl of course.

passnger pegs:
Rk76zZ.jpg

passenger pegs are a must. but they are so close with the rider pegs so the passenger have to put her feet to the outer side ot the bike otherwise you always hit four foot.

and passenger grab rails.
4rBRvJ.jpg

As you can see the rear shocks are upside down to install the rails. But while we ride with my wife first time she couldnt reach the rails. So they are useless they are positioned so low. I will remove them and fix the rear shocks. They don't look good like this.
And when the rails are installed it is impossible to use the stock seat with seat cowl. thats not good too.

anyway now i can ride with a passenger and sometimes its a big need. And I'm glad to make this with OEM parts.

I've ordered a passenger kit from Italy and installed the parts.
The kit has:
seat for two:
JAoEyj.jpg

for real i miss the look of solo seat. So when i ride along i use the stock seat. if i need to take temporary passenger for a short ride she can sit on the bump i think without the cowl of course.

passnger pegs:
Rk76zZ.jpg

passenger pegs are a must. but they are so close with the rider pegs so the passenger have to put her feet to the outer side ot the bike otherwise you always hit four foot.

and passenger grab rails.
4rBRvJ.jpg

As you can see the rear shocks are upside down to install the rails. But while we ride with my wife first time she couldnt reach the rails. So they are useless they are positioned so low. I will remove them and fix the rear shocks. They don't look good like this.
And when the rails are installed it is impossible to use the stock seat with seat cowl. thats not good too.

anyway now i can ride with a passenger and sometimes its a big need. And I'm glad to make this with OEM parts.

Hi Emir,

You are right on with your comments. When I purchased mine my dealer strongly recommended not flipping the shocks just to place on the grab rails for all the reasons you noted. Although the solo seat looks far better, the double isn't bad without the grab rails IMO.

Upload 2016 5 3 7 26 46

Hi Bob,
You are right seat looks better witout rails. I Will immediately remove them.

By the way ı want to ask something about My New mod plans.
I consider about taling tidy and a cafe fairing.
There iş no oem fairing anymore and i have to buy üniversal fairing and manufacture some bracket. That not easy for me.
When it comes to tail there iş fender eliminstor optioms on the market but there will be need custom taillight and rear inducators. Or iş can buy oem dapper kit parts. Aliminium fenders abd licence plate bracket and New turn signal brackets. İf ı buy these installation will be quite easy and with Chrome fenders bike will look better ı think.
Also there iş oem number plates for the headlight and for the sides. They look cool but if ı make the fairing model the plate above the headlight will be useless and the plates are not cheap.
İş there custom number plates for v7 racer ?
What do you recommend ?
Should ı gö with oem parts or try üniversal solitiuns?

Hi Bob,
You are right seat looks better witout rails. I Will immediately remove them.

By the way ı want to ask something about My New mod plans.
I consider about taling tidy and a cafe fairing.
There iş no oem fairing anymore and i have to buy üniversal fairing and manufacture some bracket. That not easy for me.
When it comes to tail there iş fender eliminstor optioms on the market but there will be need custom taillight and rear inducators. Or iş can buy oem dapper kit parts. Aliminium fenders abd licence plate bracket and New turn signal brackets. İf ı buy these installation will be quite easy and with Chrome fenders bike will look better ı think.
Also there iş oem number plates for the headlight and for the sides. They look cool but if ı make the fairing model the plate above the headlight will be useless and the plates are not cheap.
İş there custom number plates for v7 racer ?
What do you recommend ?
Should ı gö with oem parts or try üniversal solitiuns?

I personally prefer smaller fenders on these bikes rather than a tidy-tail. Todd sells a very nice tidy on this site which has nice room for tools. I purchased a dapper kit off of MI on eBay but haven't installed them as of yet. I purchased a dapper replacement headlight fairing as well off a forum member. Where Guzzi offers these I consider these OEM parts (kind of).

Another member purchased this and looked nice if you like them on your bike.
http://moto-discovery.com/eshop/ajax/index/options/product_id/2074/

Upload 2016 5 3 10 17 5

I personally prefer smaller fenders on these bikes rather than a tidy-tail. Todd sells a very nice tidy on this site which has nice room for tools. I purchased a dapper kit off of MI on eBay but haven't installed them as of yet. I purchased a dapper replacement headlight fairing as well off a forum member. Where Guzzi offers these I consider these OEM parts (kind of).

Another member purchased this and looked nice if you like them on your bike.
http://moto-discovery.com/eshop/ajax/index/options/product_id/2074/

View attachment 10252

Thank you for info.
İş it possible for you to share the imagesof your dapper kit ?

Thank you for info.
İş it possible for you to share the imagesof your dapper kit ?

Yes, I will be installing the fenders on 13May16.

I will post when they are on.

Here is what the dapper mini fairing looks like. Honestly do not love it and I like the original but hated the 7 and never found the right decal to place there instead. I added an old Guzzi decal I had. Too large IMO and will replace with a smaller stick eagle at some point when I need to order something from MG Cycle.

Upload 2016 5 3 13 5 19

The dapper fairing looked cool to me. Maybe you Will Like it more with Polished fenders.

Do you really need it on the V7? I find the steering pretty heavy to begin with...even at speed.

Yes, I believe it's a pretty necessary upgrade and i'm getting one for mine as well. I was surprised by a pretty gnarly tank slapper the other day doing 85 mph on the hwy. I was able to get it under control, thankfully. I also get a lot of wobbling in the turns when I'm attacking them hard. My steering isn't heavy at all.

Back