• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Moto_Max's v7II

Moto_Max

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
I think this section needs a little more action. So I have decided to document all of my mod's in this thread. I hope you guy's enjoy. This will be a relitvely slow and mostly cosmetic build thread.

To start. This was the first day I bought the bike.
FB_IMG_1450465778711_zpseu4n1rtw.jpg

The first mod I did was getting rid of the long Brembo levers and replaced them with Pazzo shorty levers.
Screenshot_2015-12-30-18-39-36-1_zpso18tp6nn.png

attachment.php

Then I ordered a bunch more parts. Mistral full carbon fiber reverse cone mufflers (the db killers removed), LSL foot controls, Breva 750 wind fairing.
20160107_192429_zpsimglqbzi.jpg

20160113_083615-1_zpsy3ascdtd.jpg

20160113_083625_zpsb2m8aw4s.jpg

Next I tinted the Breva fairing and installed a PIAA H4 bulb, removed the front fender and added a scrambler headlight cage.
20160131_122753_zpsx6cg99m6.jpg

While the fairing helped me get more speed. I didn't like the way it looked, so i got rid of it. No pictures to show just yet.

Today 3/10/16 I did a "fender eleminator" mod. I traced around the sub frame of the tail section and removed the fender. Then cut it out with a dremel. This way I will still protect my battery and engine bits with the plastic. But wont have the fender sticking out passed the seat.
20160310_150453_zpsicightss.jpg

More pics to come when things start getting put back together.

Forgot to add. Wrapped my headers with 2" titanium wrap, removed the stock mirrors and will be replaced with bar end, bronze bubble mirrors and I also installed clubman bars.
20160310_160257_zpshxqeulp6.jpg

LED blinkers for both front and back will be going on this coming week along with a strut mount license plate with "Stop" light and LED license plate bolts.

Here's the back end all cleaned up.

20160404_122430_zpswsygqtfj.jpg

20160404_122345_zps8olvnllm.jpg

At some point I lost a bolt for the exhaust hanger. So I made a temporary fix out of a wire hanger.

20160406_081649_zps3qcnobws.jpg

Then the O-ring on my dip stick decided to tear and my dip stick vibrated loose and pissed oil all over my leg and left side of the bike all the way to the back tire.

20160329_183509_zpssti9tvj6.jpg

20160329_183501_zpso83iak0r.jpg

20160329_183709_zpshiki0lv4.jpg

I'm getting more header wrap in so I can finish the job. 1 25' roll wasn't enough.

I still plan on upgrading the front and rear suspension with either Ohlins or GT-Rx hybrids. Plus I'm going to be putting on a headlight from a Yamaha MT-03/Victory Empulse. But when doing that I have to get rid of the stock guages. I think I'm going to go with a Motogadget mini and mount it on the risers.

Last edited:
Really good mods.
But are you sure about no front fender. I thınk a small fender will look better.
fender elimination is also cool. the tidy tail looks good. but i suggest you to use bigger rear turn indicators. The small ones don't look very good in my opinion. also more visibility will be safer.

I had my dipstick back out on me as well. Now I make sure it's good and snug, hasn't happened again. I'm not a fan of the no fender's look but to each his own. have fun with the bike and ride safe!

Nice bike. Looking at that rear tire from your dipstick mishap you're lucky you didn't kill yourself.
Be careful out there.

What made you go clubmans instead of clipons? Also, have any more photos of the tail with the LEDs and the break? I'd love to do something like you did.

I went with the clubmans because I already had risers. I wouldn't have to buy a plug to plug the riser holes had I gone with clip-ons.

I can get you more pics of the rear later.

I went with the clubmans because I already had risers. I wouldn't have to buy a plug to plug the riser holes had I gone with clip-ons.

I can get you more pics of the rear later.

Copy. That would be great!

Kick ass vision to drop the fenders and put the classic stop tail light on the side, can't wait to see how you mounted that all up!

Small update.

I wrapped my stock grips with 550 para cord. I had originally purchased Bitwell Thruster grips, but that seems to be most peoples go to when customizing their cafe/bobber or chopper. So I went a little more custom. Plus side to the para cord is that I tied it in a fashion so that I can tug on one end and it'll quickly unravel and give me a little more than 12' of cordage to strap things down if needed. Even more if I take the inner strands out.

IMG_20160928_140812_zpso26aezam.jpg

Back