• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GT Bar Risers

Anyone try the bar risers with a Touring?

I have the bar risers in stock now on the online Store HERE. Will fit all Guzzis with 1-1/8" bars (Cal 1400, Griso & Stelvio). 1"/25.4mm risers. Limited production, so grab them quick if you want a set as I'm not sure when I'll do another run. Thanks for the continued input and support.

Anyone try the bar risers with a Touring?
Yes and I love them. Lets me stay back on the backrest of the Corbin seat. I am 5'10" with a 34 sleeve length fits perfectly and my arms are not above (sport bike) or below (ape hangars) the grips. Highly recommended.!

roadventure and buzglyd, I just ordered a pair and wondered whether your cables had to be replaced and re-routed. Thanks.

I just installed them on my touring model and they really do make a positive difference in my posture and arm position while sitting on the bike.
I'll have to plan a longer route to see if this alleviates my neck/shoulder pain that I experienced but I'm thinking it will.
The great thing about all this was nothing needed to be rerouted or replaced.

Thank you for the reply. I expect the bar risers to arrive within a few days. That's good news about the ergonomic improvement.

The bar risers were installed, and they're great. I noticed a substantial ergonomic improvement for both back and arms. Like others, I had to play around a bit to rotate the bars to find the optimum position.

Something I'd like to add is that I've noticed a definite improvement in my ability to maneuver the bike around in close quarters. I wouldn't have believed that what, an inch more pull back over stock would make that much of a noticeable difference but it sure did with me.

Dave

I have the bar risers in stock now on the online Store HERE. Will fit all Guzzis with 1-1/8" bars (Cal 1400, Griso & Stelvio). 1"/25.4mm risers. Limited production, so grab them quick if you want a set as I'm not sure when I'll do another run. Thanks for the continued input and support.

Hi Todd. Would these work on my 2008 1200 sport? I have been reading everything in the forums about replacement bars and cant believe that the answer might be right in front of me.....please let me know as at least I know you would know for sure thanks very much Gregg Sanders

As long as they are the stock bars or have retained the larger 1.125" bars at the clamps, yes they sure will.
yes stock bars....my theory is that the risers will allow me to rotate the bars towards the rider....without hitting the tank at full left and right lock....thus doing almost exactly what the aprilia mana bars would do.....other than the dealing with the width....would you agree?

my theory is that the risers will allow me to rotate the bars towards the rider....without hitting the tank at full left and right lock....thus doing almost exactly what the aprilia mana bars would do.....other than the dealing with the width....would you agree?
Can't say rotate, more like move them closer.

For a long time I wasn't sure if I needed the bar risers at all since I thought I was pretty comfortable with the bar position already and was a little worried about the bars coming too close and badly affecting handling. I decided to go ahead and try them out anyway and boy oh boy, what an improvement! My whole body feels just normal and relaxed now, elbows and shoulders especially so. I have a feeling the effect will be even more noticeable once I put in a longer ride, too. I should have installed these a long time ago.

During the test ride I couldn't help but remember you Todd, and all the ways your products, expertise and this website helped me improve my California to what now feels like absolute perfection. Fueling package and opening the air box was the first revelation and it transformed the engine into a well-behaved gorilla, then the moaning whale and alternator mods I learned about here, then the crosspipe improvement, the tail tidy kit and now these bar risers. I'm very grateful for all you're doing for us Moto Guzzi owners, I don't think my experience of owning a Cali 1400 would be nearly as exciting and fantastic as it is if it wasn't for your products and knowledge sharing.

Thanks a bunch!

Wroom Wroom said it all.

Being 5'6" tall with "average" length arms the reach to the controls was ok, a little bit of a stretch. Not a tremendous problem, my rides fall into 2 categories. Weekend morning rides to coffee with friends, just far enough from home to warm up the engine. Once a month rides in the N.GA mountains for lunch. So I'm rarely in the saddle for more than about an hour at a time. So the position of the bars from the factory was fine.

At first glance it's difficult to imagine how the Gt-Rx risers will make a significant difference. Top quality materials, milling and fit plus all necessary hardware make installation a breeze.

Just sitting in the saddle with the bike upright in the garage I was surprised at how much difference the risers make for me. I'm much more comfortable.

On the road and moving the fit is more natural and my posture is somewhat improved. At 5'6" it's not unusual for me to be stretching for the control. Especially considering the bikes I like to prefer riding. I'm contemplating joining my friend and a coupe of his wife brothers on their annual 4 day ride.

IMO Todd's expertise and product offerings are enabling my 1400 California 1400 to be the bike it's crying out to be.

Can't tell you how happy i am with these! The bike is so much more comfortable now, and they look great. Install was a breeze and they look OEM, thank you for a great product and the support!
Very welcome, and thanks back to you for the purchase. I have just a few left until the next batch come in.

Hi, quick question: What is the correct torque setting for the bolts securing the handlebars?

Thanks!

Ok. Back from the shakedown run. MUCH better for me. Just for reference, I'm 5-10 1/2. It's a more relaxing position and i feel as if I have much better control of the bike. I played with the rotation of the bars a bit and found a perfect fit.

Now I'll have to put on a few hundred miles and see if it needs any fine tuning.

I am just about to try rotating the bars and anticipate having to adjust the levers, etc. When rotating the bars, did you move the controls?

I am just about to try rotating the bars and anticipate having to adjust the levers, etc. When rotating the bars, did you move the controls?

I moved them slightly. There wasn’t a lot of room to move them. Just a slight rotation and it feels perfect.

Wroom Wroom said it all. I put these on last month on my Eldorado. Perfect fitment, Very comfy ride. I'm 5'7" BTW.
Thanks Todd!
Tom

Back