• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Moto Guzzi Bellagio Cafe Racer Evolution

BTW Trout. Nice list of bikes in your stable. I'm jealous! Show us!

Don't have a pic of the Jackal, it has been sitting at my oldest sons house for about two years because he and his son were talking about starting to ride but they never got their license sooooo I'm going to pick it up soon.

The Vic is a fine bike and real easy to ride with a lot of comfort & handles extremely well but it does not have the soul a Guzzi has.
M4 CT1

Hi Trout.
Who said I was patient?
Good luck with your project. Be sure to post pics, start a thread on your bike's evolution. Lots of us Guzzisti will be interested.

Well I do have a little project in mind. I love to camp and have been thinking of an adventure bike but really don't like the style or seat height of most factory bikes. I'm not going hard trail riding or crashing thru the woods so clearance is not that important to me.

I have a 2001 Jackal that has been sitting at my sons house for almost two years and I have been thinking about doing a bit of converting to it. Mainly a solo seat & then using the back fender area for some custom built bags. Lower wider handle bars for better control, 6 plus gallon fuel tank etc..... want to keep the weight low to the ground for stability.

Always wanted to build something like you are doing but gettin a bit older and thinking a bit more practical.

Every little bit counts.
Got "Evloluzione" stckers made in red chrome on my side covers. Only cost $20SGD, about $12 USD. looks great.
20160322_1659381_zpskyxjrjq5.jpg

The red chrome effect is hard to photograph. Take my word for it. Looks awesome.

Don't have a pic of the Jackal, it has been sitting at my oldest sons house for about two years because he and his son were talking about starting to ride but they never got their license sooooo I'm going to pick it up soon.

The Vic is a fine bike and real easy to ride with a lot of comfort & handles extremely well but it does not have the soul a Guzzi has.
View attachment 9820 View attachment 9821
Nice rides Trout.

Went for a 300km ride this morning into Malaysia in the company of a Griso, Ducati 900 Monster, Mick Hailwood replica replica, several MV Augustas and a Honda. (The Honda must have felt out of place amongst all the Italians.)
The annoying thing is that when I gave the Bellagio some stick and hit 210Kmh the bar end mirrors kept bending with the wind and facing down to the ground. It's irritating having to adjust them at 200kmh.

Handling wise it was great. No buffeting to speak of, except when I experimented with laying low over the tank at 180kmh +
It was better riding in the natural semi upright position. Good aerodynamics Guzzi !
modify_inline.gif

Breakfast ride on my Bellagio Cafe Racer with the Singapore V Max Maniacs.

IMG-20160424-WA0043_zpsg1ealxqf.jpg

IMG-20160424-WA0046_zpsyfooznar.jpg

IMG-20160424-WA0009_zpskpkpo6ow.jpg

Nuff said.

................. and a couple of shots of the Bellagio's older big brother, My 2001 California Jackal Bobber 1100.

20160519_124005_zpsdeq5ztbc.jpg

now sporting Bellagio tank badges.

P1020305_zpskbozobqx.jpg

Me. "Doctor, Doctor gimme the news, I've got a bad case of Guzzi Virus."

Doc. "Congratulations. Guzzi Virus is incurable. You'll be happy for the rest of your life as long as you take the prescribed daily dose of riding/washing/polishing/working on your Guzzi."

Check out what I found on ebay.
Red foldable, extendable levers with the guzzi emblem laser engraved. Not cheap, though cheaper than OEM. They go well with the colour scheme on my Moto Guzzi Bellagio "Evoluzione" 940 Cafe Racer.
20160512_134122_zpsmbogljhx.jpg
20160512_134145_zpsgnfvbebe.jpg
20160512_134022_zps4imb57hw.jpg

20160512_134039_zpskxyqxcuy.jpg

I always hear of laws about to be passed that would stop all modifications to cars/bikes, probably pushed by the manufacturers. I am curious how you were able to make such a good looking, modified bike out of the Bellagio when you were worried they may fine you if you did it to the Jackal.

That fuel pump was done by a Typical Guzzi owner.. glad you found that before it stranded you on the side of the road! Crazy impressive modifications! well done.

Got a PM from Laurent. Thought I'd share it with everyone. Hope it helps.

Hello Bob Very nice build ! I'm on my way to do the same. Question : does the Bellagio fuel pump fits the V7 tank (is mounting plate compatible and is there enough space in the tank) Or did you mix a V7 mounting plate and a Bellagio fuel pump ?

Also, any information about IMU relocation would be great :)

Hi Laurent.
Just quickly, take a look at this for some of the things required,.....

Sorry if I'm a bit vague on what I did. There were a few different combinations and in memory they all blur together. The best advice I can give you is, have another bike to ride while you work on your Bellagio. Murphy's Law,.... something will go wrong and you'll probably need to go out and get fuel line, cable ties, different size bolts, rubbers etc,... to get the job done. Trust me it won't be a one afternoon job.

I started with a plastic V7 tank and if memory serves me well, the Bellagio pump was switched to the V7 pump's mounting plate, which worked fine. (The V7 pump was siezed and I couldn't ressurect it.)

The hydrochrome paint job on the plastic tank died, so I got a steel v7 tank and had to switch back to the bellagio fuel pump's mounting plate.

I think I had to fit the pump upside down in the plastic holder attached to the mounting plate so it would fit in the V7 steel tank. (The Bellagio pump mounts to the side of the tank, while the V7 is at the back of the tank so the plastic holder is different.)

There are some issue with this set up.
I had to grind/cut some of the plastic holder to get the hoses to fit. The hose fitting was difficult,.... getting the filter mesh attached. Had to use cable ties to hold the mesh filter in place.

also, the thermistor - the fuel level sender, needs to be moved or the sender will tell you you're running low 150 kms after filling up, about 100 Kms before you run dry. The Thermistor is the rod with the red wire connected to it in this photo. (Showing original Bellagio pump without a filter.)

Remove the two screws and raise it so the second screw is in the first screw hole. (I still haven't done this yet, so I think you may also need to secure the thermistor rod with a cable tie. )

P1020137_zpsukoy2r55.jpg

Finally,.... I fitted a fuel filter outside of the tank at some stage, I can't recall if it was because it wouldn't fit the plastic tank or the steel tank,.... either way, the filter is better outside the tank. The air box was removed on my bike when I fitted pod filters, so there is plenty of space to find room for an external fuel filter. The filter is easier to change when you need to, but you'll have to get creative with the plumbing.

The IMU, ... do you mean the ECU?
.......Anyway, I had to move the ECU from it's original position, next to temperature sender, above the left side frame rail and left valve cover, to below the frame rail. I used the same mounting bolt holes, just had to slightly rearrange the wiring so it would all fit nice.

oh, and one other thing,.... I also had to make a couple of little extension brackets to lift the tank rubbers about 2 inches (front of the tank) and angled them back a bit on the existing mounting bolt holes, so the they are higher and further back. The rear tank mount rubber from the V7 was also raised a bit with spacers or washers, so the tank and seat sit nicely.

I suggest you take photos before you make changes and afterwards so can remember what you've done and hopefully you can give better advice than I.

Best of luck with your modifications. I'd love to see photos, before, during and after.

Cheers mate!

Bob.

I always hear of laws about to be passed that would stop all modifications to cars/bikes, probably pushed by the manufacturers. I am curious how you were able to make such a good looking, modified bike out of the Bellagio when you were worried they may fine you if you did it to the Jackal.

Hi Abbie.
My Bellagio "Evoluzione" slipped by the pedantic local inspectors because it looks so "Factory." It looks like the familiar V7 Racer and the number plate relocator looks like a dozen other original bike's rear ends. Thankfull they didn't do a comparison with photos of the original Guzzi Bellagio. (They do that here! I have a mate with a Ducati that has a different style OEM exhaust than the photo the Road Authority has on file and despite it having Ducati stamps, the pedantic dickheads made him go through a 6 month long process of getting Ducati to verify in writing that the exhaust was orignal and he had to apply for the exhaust to be approved for use before he could renew his registration. Fuggin unbefuggenlievable!

That fuel pump was done by a Typical Guzzi owner.. glad you found that before it stranded you on the side of the road! Crazy impressive modifications! well done.

I mentioned the lack of a filter to the guy I bought the bike from. He told me that he had TWICE paid his mechanic to replace the filter. I tell you, if the bike mechanics here are not totally friggin incompetent, they are thieves,........ and incompetent.

Soooo what is going to be the next project?

C14 motor in a Griso frame?

My wish list, a Sport 1100 or Daytona, which I would just polish as they are absolutely gorgeous and you shouldn't mess with perfection,
silversport_zpsjo7xhxzc.jpg

or maybe a Griso with a fairing like the Ipothesys ............
Moto_Guzzi_Ipothesys_Aria_V12_020.jpg.2041103_zpsqtrlo8ew.jpg

SWEEEET !

Other custom fantasies, Caffienate a Centauro, but keep the original tank.
I'm also lusting after all the older Guzzi classics, the Eldo, V7, 850's which I would love to keep all original as God meant them to be. (Don't mess with perfection, even if it's been superceded.)

Last edited:
Back