• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Corbin seat owners, please reassure me!

Sleekmachine

Just got it firing!
Hi all -

'Got my new Corbin seat with the backrest last week ... Did about 200 miles since, but God that thing is HARD, it's like sitting on a park bench. The Corbin people say that it'll take1500-2000 miles before "breaking in" and be more comfortable. Is that true? What is your experience with yours?

Thanks!

I like Corbin seats......they don't really soften up....ever.

Corbin's really never "soften up". They just conform to your butt. I have one on my Stelvio and I can go all day and all week without any discomfort at all. It will get more comfortable as you put on the miles.

Corbin's really never "soften up". They just conform to your butt. I have one on my Stelvio and I can go all day and all week without any discomfort at all. It will get more comfortable as you put on the miles.

Yeah...What canuck1969 said...I'm, about 1000 miles in on mine on the Cali and it gets better every day. The Pillion Princess loved it from the first time she sat on it. Had one on an old ZX-9...hard as a rock but strangely I could ride it all day and no butt issues.

Like what has been said they are hard. It takes a while to break them in or your butt gets conforms to them. Put one on the Stelvio a while back much better than the stock one. Have one on my KLR 650 and son has one on his Harley.

Confirmed on all above. They are always hard to the touch, it takes a few hundred miles to bed in... but once it does, you can go all day on them. Cushy foams are good for the showroom, not for riding. I'm not a fan of gel seats/inserts either, but that's me.

Confirmed on all above. They are always hard to the touch, it takes a few hundred miles to bed in... but once it does, you can go all day on them. Cushy foams are good for the showroom, not for riding. I'm not a fan of gel seats/inserts either, but that's me.
I have only used mine twice but find it a bit short in the seat, same length as the stock seat but the upstand is more abrupt, it is hard but rode all day with no butt pain but the "back"/upstand is a bit hard. otherwise good as.

Likely about 80% of long distance riders will tell you a hard seat is better for a long day. Some people never become comfortable with a Corbin; I had one on a previous bike and was very happy with it - after about 1000 miles, including my first 500+ mile day (way back when). The only saddle I like better is what's on the Norge now - a fully custom Russell Day-Long.

That being said, after you have 1500-2000 miles on it, you may find you just don't have a "Corbin butt" - some people don't. If so, don't beat yourself up; put it on eBay, and check out the excellent seats from Sargent or some others (pre-built), or order yourself a Russell and be done with it.

I just got my Corbin and although I only have about 500 miles on it so far, it seems very comfortable. But I will agree with ITSec, Russell seats are unbelievable. I've had just about every seat there is on many different bikes but the Russell seat on my BMW was far and away the best. You will never see anyone say anything bad about the comfort of a Russell.

The seat is as hard as a right field bleacher seat. My first reaction was OMG!, what have I done?

After 500 miles I've decided it's a keeper. Still hard but very comfortable.

Here's a couple of pics:

I just ordered me a Corbin today said it would probably take three weeks to get it. Have a Corbin on the Stelvio and my KLR650. My son got me interested in them after he put one on his Softail Custom. The stock seat on the Calif is nice and soft but after a 100 mile ride the ole butt cheeks kinda get to burning. Had good luck with the Corbins in the past so this should be a good one.

Just saw this post from a while ago. Wondering how this Corbin seat worked out? I had one on my Tiger 800. Very well made, obviously, heavy and big! For me, the lumbar was way too far back, even after a redo. Wondering about your experience, and, if you reply, your height by comparison. I'm only 5-9 so concerned about reach to custom bars. Thanks!

Just saw this post from a while ago. Wondering how this Corbin seat worked out? I had one on my Tiger 800. Very well made, obviously, heavy and big! For me, the lumbar was way too far back, even after a redo. Wondering about your experience, and, if you reply, your height by comparison. I'm only 5-9 so concerned about reach to custom bars. Thanks!
Lou, I and the Pillion Princess love our Corbin. She especially. She is smallish and the shape of the Corbin fits her butt very well. She can ride for hours with no dis-comfort. And when the Pillion Princess is happy everyone is happy. I love it too. The shape of the backrest is a bit "thick" for my taste and does want to push me forward a little but nothing I cant deal with. We recently rode just under 700 miles over a day and a half on a trip the Talimena Scenic Byway and back to Dallas. No issues at all for either one of us. IT WILL take some time to "mold" to your butt, be patient. Overall, can't say enough nice about the Corbin.
Good Luck
Kirk

Seriously thinking of getting a Corbin seat for my Cali Touring. I've had one before on an old BMW R80RT, did a 1500klm day on that no probs. I wouldn't mind being a bit closer to the ground when seated on the bike and they aren't doing lowered seats at the moment. Out of stock in Oz and can't get any. So my question is for those with Corbin seats on Tourers, are they lower than the standard touring seat and if so do you know by how much?

Seriously thinking of getting a Corbin seat for my Cali Touring. I've had one before on an old BMW R80RT, did a 1500klm day on that no probs. I wouldn't mind being a bit closer to the ground when seated on the bike and they aren't doing lowered seats at the moment. Out of stock in Oz and can't get any. So my question is for those with Corbin seats on Tourers, are they lower than the standard touring seat and if so do you know by how much?

Have one on my Custom. Seat height would be similar to a Touring. Configuration of the seat actually made the reach to the ground a bit longer. The seat was wider than the stock Custom seat, which changed my reach to the ground. It's been a long time since I've sat on a Touring seat so I can't comment about the comparison with a stock Touring seat.

Hi all -

'Got my new Corbin seat with the backrest last week ... Did about 200 miles since, but God that thing is HARD, it's like sitting on a park bench. The Corbin people say that it'll take1500-2000 miles before "breaking in" and be more comfortable. Is that true? What is your experience with yours?

Thanks!
I have had my one for nearly a year and have never taken it of since I got my arse on it, firm but comfy, really is a saddle rather than a seat. One thing I noticed was the small lake which develops if left in the rain, have dosed mine up with SNOWSEAL 3 times now and Lake Corban is not a lasting problem, still develops but doesn't get thru to the foam and wet your arse every time you get on anymore. The upstand could be an inch further back for me but still love it. Enjoy.

Any of you guys replacing your stock touring seat with a Corbin interested in selling the stock touring seat.

I have had my one for nearly a year and have never taken it of since I got my arse on it, firm but comfy, really is a saddle rather than a seat. One thing I noticed was the small lake which develops if left in the rain, have dosed mine up with SNOWSEAL 3 times now and Lake Corban is not a lasting problem, still develops but doesn't get thru to the foam and wet your arse every time you get on anymore. The upstand could be an inch further back for me but still love it. Enjoy.

I also found that the backrest was too thick and it poked me in the small of my back.

To fix this is easy enough. Remove the two screws that hold the plastic backing of the backrest. Drill out the two rivets that secure the leather cover. Peel it upwards to expose the foam. Use a surform scraper to slowly remove excess foam until the shape suits you. Pull the leather cover back and secure it with the plastic backing only. Test and repeat. Once you are finally happy then you can rivet it back together, although it is not really necessary as the plastic backing holds the leather well enough.

Back