• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

My V7 II Racer

Faisal

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hello everyone,

I'm a new V7 II Racer owner, and I absolutely love the bike. Aesthetically I feel it is unmatched, even though that BMW R9T is one awesome looking bike, but I still went for the V7 II Racer purely for aesthetic reasons. I did not care if it handled poorly or the engine produced 10 hp, I just love the way it looks.

Fortunately for me, though, I found out that it handles well, it produces enough power, and it is very comfortable to ride, other than that vibration that can be felt anywhere from mid to high RPM, but it's not something I won't get used to.

I put on a few hundred kilometers on the bike and immediately began thinking of modifying it, and this is the final product. I say "final", but I might modify it a bit later on. But for now, here are some pictures and I would greatly like your feedback on.

e05A5f9.jpg

GNowlh6.jpg

uWjkPaq.jpg

9r2U2Nd.jpg

Vy0XOg9.jpg

drJjYEF.jpg

qeUIrYz.jpg

looks nice! I'm using the same headlight cage.

I really like the bag over the side plate and the exhaust.

looks nice! I'm using the same headlight cage.

I really like the bag over the side plate and the exhaust.

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words.

Yes, kudos to BAAK for producing wonderful accessories for the V7.

Very nice. Thx for posting. Did you do a re-map?
Not yet. I'm waiting for Todd's reflash tool and I might possibly add an extra baffle because as you can hear the exhaust is pretty loud. I'm wondering if I reflash it before the baffle would I need to reflash it again if I add a baffle

For the exhaust, are there any secondary (rearward) hangers, or is the whole system hanging on the heads? If so, they will crack there in due time.

For the exhaust, are there any secondary (rearward) hangers, or is the whole system hanging on the heads? If so, they will crack there in due time.

There is indeed a bracket at the end of the exhaust, it's just not visible in the pictures.

Here's a link to the exhaust sound if anyone is wondering how they sound.

https://vid.me/7lCP
Thanks all for your help. The sound is really nice. i still have nt decided if i go for these or a pair of slip ons. so without remap it run ok with them? you havn t noticed anything different? and do you think being a vII Model makes a difference?
Thanks

Thanks all for your help. The sound is really nice. i still have nt decided if i go for these or a pair of slip ons. so without remap it run ok with them? you havn t noticed anything different? and do you think being a vII Model makes a difference?
Thanks

There is no noticeable difference from just changing the exhaust, but I'm quite certain once I reflash it, it will be night and day. I don't think the model would make much of a difference since they're pretty much identical other than a few tinkers here and there.

I must tell you though, they are loud, very loud. The clip doesn't do justice to how loud the exhaust is.

There is no noticeable difference from just changing the exhaust, but I'm quite certain once I reflash it, it will be night and day. I don't think the model would make much of a difference since they're pretty much identical other than a few tinkers here and there.

I must tell you though, they are loud, very loud. The clip doesn't do justice to how loud the exhaust is.
Thanks faisal...enjoy your beauty

Nice looking bike, I really like the bag also. What make is it? It would look good on both sides.

Thank you for your kind words,I truly appreciate it. As for the bags, they're made by BAAk, and I thought about 2 bags, but to me it was overkill. In my mind it wouldn't look very nice with 2 of them, but to each his own

Thanks

For me and the Mistrals the bike ran fine/okay without the remap. Why I bought them (price, no remap required) but I got the remap tool anyway. The bike certainly runs much smoother with the remap but the Mistrals didn't really run different than the stock did with the stock Guzzi map. So a new map is nice and the bike will feel much smoother IMO.

So a new map is nice and the bike will feel much smoother IMO.
Right, thanks Bob, and I will add that it will run much cooler, and make more power at lower RPMs, which is why it "feels smoother"... all dyno proven.
Talking about "feel" doesn't help when it comes to the science of fueling. It always amazes me of how many people go on that alone when it comes to such a large investment. Again for the record, even a completely stock bike will immensely benefit from a corrected fuel map, so increased intake/exhaust flow mods make it much worse. Been that way for decades. Much like jet kits for carbs, fuel injection systems are not adaptive, as they are only designed and set for emission regs.
Don't pretend it runs OK, and certainly don't listen to any company trying to sell you a exhaust product that tells you otherwise, unless it has a catalytic converter and flow restrictor like stock.

Right, thanks Bob, and I will add that it will run much cooler, and make more power at lower RPMs, which is why it "feels smoother"... all dyno proven.
Talking about "feel" doesn't help when it comes to the science of fueling. It always amazes me of how many people go on that alone when it comes to such a large investment. Again for the record, even a completely stock bike will immensely benefit from a corrected fuel map, so increased intake/exhaust flow mods make it much worse. Been that way for decades. Much like jet kits for carbs, fuel injection systems are not adaptive, as they are only designed and set for emission regs.
Don't pretend it runs OK, and certainly don't listen to any company trying to sell you a exhaust product that tells you otherwise, unless it has a catalytic converter and flow restrictor like stock.
so what do i have to do to remap my bike ( i know that for many its an idiotic question, but i know nothing about electronics )

Back