• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Corbin seat owners, please reassure me!

Those of us fortunate enough to live within a days ride of Hollister know to make a "custom fitting". Will it make my butt look big is the real question.

I also found that the backrest was too thick and it poked me in the small of my back.

To fix this is easy enough. Remove the two screws that hold the plastic backing of the backrest. Drill out the two rivets that secure the leather cover. Peel it upwards to expose the foam. Use a surform scraper to slowly remove excess foam until the shape suits you. Pull the leather cover back and secure it with the plastic backing only. Test and repeat. Once you are finally happy then you can rivet it back together, although it is not really necessary as the plastic backing holds the leather well enough.
Thanks for that, did you take the whole cover off before you started? certainly would be good to get a bit further back. Thanks

Thanks for that, did you take the whole cover off before you started? certainly would be good to get a bit further back. Thanks

mmmm... I may have misunderstood you. You mention the 'upstand' which I took to being the removable backrest, specifically the Standard Backrest part number 297-SB, ie. the full backrest not the donut shaped ovalback backrest. On the Standard Backrest removing the rear plastic cover will show the leather cover is fixed by way of five rivets, three at the top and two at the bottom. I removed the bottom two rivets and peeled the leather cover up and over revealing the foam.

If by the 'upstand' you mean the two inch step up from the rider seat to the passenger seat then modifying this step would require substantial modification both to the foam as well as to the leather cover itself. If this is what you need then rather get professional help.

I see this post has quieted down a bit lately, but I'll add my thoughts. I have the two tone (black and white) Corbin on my Touring. It is beautiful! It is hard when compared to the original Moto Guzzi stock seat. It is a saddle rather than a seat, and that is what I like most about it. When I'm riding I'm able to sit tight into the pocket of the saddle and this gives me some lumbar support which helps when the ride gets long, like a 400+ mile day. I'm 5' 10" tall with 32" inseam, with stock bullhorn handlebars and I fit just fine in this Corbin saddle. I would say that the full (double) touring seat does not raise the seat height at all over stock. It is however a bit wider, this is what makes it more comfortable. I don't feel that the ground is any more difficult to reach with this Corbin seat over the stock one.

As for Lake Corbin, I sprang the extra $80 for the waterproof cover and that works great, though you can't just pull it over the seat when you like, the seat must be removed first. This takes one minute, unless you have the backrest installed, then you must remove that, put the rain cover on and reinstall the backrest; a 10 minute job.

I bought the donut backrest for mine, and I very much like it, well worth the extra fee in my opinion. I do feel the backrest pressing into my back, this is a good thing, it is supportive. For me it is positioned just right. At first I thought it might be a bit too far forward too, but then I put a 1200-1500 mile trip in and realized it is positioned just perfectly for the necessary lumbar support that it provides.

I have about 2000 miles on my Corbin saddle and it does feel better now than when it was brand new, but it does not feel any softer. It still feels like a park bench after an hour or two. For this reason I bought an AirHawk cushion and, when I'm feeling beat up by the seat toward the end of a long day or when I'm out for a week or so I use that. It makes a world of difference.

Corbin Pictures attached. I also included a picture of the Moto Guzzi Handlebar accessory bag. It is nice because it fits the area perfectly, but it is pricey at $100. The quality seems adequate but I don't think it is water proof. It does function well, a nice zipper, it does not flap around and it is fairly quick and easy to install/remove. The only reason I put it here is that I never saw any other picture of this bag installed on one of these bikes, so I figured somebody else was wondering what it would look like...

Attachments

• corbin_starboard_post.jpg
    corbin_starboard_post.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 106
  • corbin_donutbackrest_overhead_post.jpg
    corbin_donutbackrest_overhead_post.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 110
  • corbin_donutbackrest_post.jpg
    corbin_donutbackrest_post.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 109
  • corbin_port_post.jpg
    corbin_port_post.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 112
  • mg_handlebar_bag_post.jpg
    mg_handlebar_bag_post.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 108
I rode up to the the Corbin factory in Hollister Ca. A few months ago and had them make a heated seat for me. I wanted two back rests and they told me they couldn't do the passenger. When I complained a little one of the guys looked at the mold and said actually he thought they could add a passenger rest to it. I said go for it and a few hours later I ended up with this. I know a little flashy buy hey I'm from California. It's hard but very comfortable. The backrest is positioned perfectly for me. I'm 6'1" they will probably use the knew mold for new orders so if anybody wants the passenger backrest it should now be available. IMG 1864

I rode up to the the Corbin factory in Hollister Ca. A few months ago and had them make a heated seat for me. I wanted two back rests and they told me they couldn't do the passenger. When I complained a little one of the guys looked at the mold and said actually he thought they could add a passenger rest to it. I said go for it and a few hours later I ended up with this. I know a little flashy buy hey I'm from California. It's hard but very comfortable. The backrest is positioned perfectly for me. I'm 6'1" they will probably use the knew mold for new orders so if anybody wants the passenger backrest it should now be available. View attachment 11259
I think you are right Curt....I was on their website last week and trying to 'build my own' and sure enough there was an option for a passenger back rest too. I hope they can do one for an Eldo.....

In case anyone is interested, I tried the stock touring seat and prefer the shape over the Corbin. So the Corbin is being sold. Excellent condition black in color.

I rode up to the the Corbin factory in Hollister Ca. A few months ago and had them make a heated seat for me. I wanted two back rests and they told me they couldn't do the passenger. When I complained a little one of the guys looked at the mold and said actually he thought they could add a passenger rest to it. I said go for it and a few hours later I ended up with this. I know a little flashy buy hey I'm from California. It's hard but very comfortable. The backrest is positioned perfectly for me. I'm 6'1" they will probably use the knew mold for new orders so if anybody wants the passenger backrest it should now be available. View attachment 11259
It appears the passenger back rest is not available for the Cali, even if it is there on the 'build your own' page. Following your post I wrote to Corbin to get ordering information etc and after exchanges of several mails and my references to this post he told me that this was not available unless the bike was taken there for a custom fit!!!!! I did bring his attention to the fact that if the factory has done it once they should be able to do it again but he insisted that this is only possible if the bike was brought into the factory....I can't wrap my head around that one.....if you have contact details of the person who looked after you can you please send it to me in a PM so that I can get in touch with them....Thanks

It appears the passenger back rest is not available for the Cali, even if it is there on the 'build your own' page. Following your post I wrote to Corbin to get ordering information etc and after exchanges of several mails and my references to this post he told me that this was not available unless the bike was taken there for a custom fit!!!!! I did bring his attention to the fact that if the factory has done it once they should be able to do it again but he insisted that this is only possible if the bike was brought into the factory....I can't wrap my head around that one.....if you have contact details of the person who looked after you can you please send it to me in a PM so that I can get in touch with them....Thanks

It sounds like who ever you're in communication with at Corbin just doesn't want to do it. Unfortunately, I have to sympathize. I've not found Corbin particularly easy to work with myself.

Perhaps being face to face with Mr. Russell reminded Corbin who it is that ultimately pays the bills.

Reactions: Uss
It sounds like who ever you're in communication with at Corbin just doesn't want to do it. Unfortunately, I have to sympathize. I've not found Corbin particularly easy to work with myself.

Perhaps being face to face with Mr. Russell reminded Corbin who it is that ultimately pays the bills.
I agree with you completely. This was their customer service off their website....it took an exchange of more than 10 mails to convince the gent to atleast have a look at the photo and Curt's post. He was convinced this wasn't possible. I guess he just cost Corbin atleast one seat's business!

Do I see a silver color paint on the lower section of the gas tank covers? It looks like silver paint that continues the silver (or gray) color in the seat.

Back