• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 & V9 Ohlins Shocks

I...

• am excited to purchase these.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • am more interested in other GT options.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • already have an upgrade I love.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • am not sure if I need these.

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Well, the day has finally come. I am able to order basic non-adjustable Ohlins piggyback shocks for your V7 and V9. I am bringing in a set for each bike to test and review, and will post on the Suspension thread when I get them. More as I have it.

Link to purchase for your V7 HERE
Link to purchase for your V9 HERE

OHLINS-V7-9-470x470.jpg

ZardV9SLIM3-470x470.jpg

I have fully adjustable Ohlins custom made on my V7 Stone. Absolutely hated the stockers and the Bituro or whatever they are called supposed upgrade.

I have fully adjustable Ohlins custom made on my V7 Stone. Absolutely hated the stockers and the Bituro or whatever they are called supposed upgrade.
Yes, funny... the Bitubo's are actually worse than the stock Olle's on the Stone/Classic.

What is the difference between the Ohlin's and other suspension offerings by GT? Just curious as I'm sure a lot of people want to upgrade their suspension and my not know how they stack up aside from being a big name brand in the suspension industry.

What is the difference between the Ohlin's and other suspension offerings by GT? Just curious as I'm sure a lot of people want to upgrade their suspension and my not know how they stack up aside from being a big name brand in the suspension industry.
So as stated above, I am bringing them into test against my other offerings.
Ohlins is at the top of the game, so you usually pay more just for the name and with any features beyond the basic spec, the options make the price go up quickly. These are zero damping adjustment optioned, only spring preload and length adjust. That said, they are typically very very good.
My other options are mostly all CNC aluminum parts externally and often internally, whereas the Ohlins uses cast parts and more plastic... if that matters to you.

I know you mentioned that you will be testing them and posting results. I was referring to the value compared to the other suspension offerings. For a couple hundred dollars, it seems like you can get fully adjustable rear shocks. In terms of value, do you believe that one would get a better dollar value from the non Ohlin's brand?

This is coming from someone who doesn't know much about motorcycle suspension.

Also, in my past experience with anything, CNC is always better than cast and plastic.

Yes, funny... the Bitubo's are actually worse than the stock Olle's on the Stone/Classic.

I have the Bitubo's on my '15 V7 Stone (with a Racetech front) and at 165 lbs they work fine for me for the type of riding/touring I do.

I have the Bitubo's on my '15 V7 Stone (with a Racetech front) and at 165 lbs they work fine for me for the type of riding/touring I do.
You are on the upper end of the weight range target, but I encourage you to do this... put a zip-tie on the rear shock rod, and sit on the bike. Hop off and note the travel to the bumper, then take it for a ride and note what it looks like then.

Gerry and I both have used the same shop for a while now. We have full faith in the owner, ride with him, and are friends.
That said, I had Ohlins on another bike and liked them. I most likely would have used on of GT's offerings and saved a few bucks had I been aware of them.
I also have RaceTech front end as I did on my Tiger 1050. Works a treat.

I've also had the good pleasure to work with the owner on rebuilding several front ends as well as install shocks and other items when I visit the shop. I book an extra day off when I'm in the area just so I can assist and further my knowledge base.

Have been searching to look for the right thread, this seems to be most appropriate although it’s a few years old. Does anyone know the base settings for the Ohlins 606669M shocks on the V9 Bobber Sport? From fully wound in (hardest) to fully wound out it has 10 clicks compression and from fully wound in to out has 20 clicks rebound. I can’t seem to find any clarity online and there’s nothing at all in the bike manual. Reason I ask is that i’m not the first owner and both shocks were set differently (when I happened to check yesterday) so I don’t know what’s ‘right’. Would appreciate it if someone knows. TIA

Back