• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V9 Opinions

The modification would involve shipping the bike, some time and money. All those I have. Helps that the Guzzi not my only bike. Then the question: what about increased maintenance, reliability and such? I am not much of a mechanic although Houston Superbikes down the freeway from me is reportedly a very good shop, and now a Guzzi dealer. Todd, any comments? Make me a price?
Getting a bit off topic for this thread, see; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/new-v7-with-4v-heads.14276/ -- Mike R&D'ed the project with stock bore (and tried unsuccessfully to break it)... and I perfected it with a 820cc big bore that Stradagene now has, that I installed at my GT Moto Fab & Svc Shop. There are a total of four running now including my Rental; http://ridemalibu.com/bikes/v7-racer/
I will only sell the kit if I do the installation. Kit cost is $5k all in, including labor, as it is not a simple parts swap.

Hey, it is a beautiful day! Guess what is next on my agenda? NW ride out of Houston to spot some bluebonnets on the V7R, and likely catch some good BBQ. Allergies are finally calming down too.
Nice... enjoy!

MG has posted pics of the new 2018 V9s showing the new seat(s) and control position. Looks like the seat is just the Comfort solo seat and Pillion seat. Controls are definitely moved back.

2018 V9 Bobber

I have the comfort seat on mine. Had to go out to the garage just now to check. The OEM comfort seat on my V9 is more elegant-looking, not very different than the stock seat in appearance (or in feel). The seat in that photo of the 2018 has a pronounced swoop that, to my eyes, is rather un-bobber.

But as I think I already commented, if you're going to move the pegs back, the seat should be higher, IMO, at least for an average+ sized person. Looks like Guzzi is trying to do that through seat padding.

I'll post pics of my Bobber once I get done with my mods.

V9 looks are marginal to me, ugliest bike Guzzi has designed in a long time. Had a guy in Hempstead grin at my V7R a couple hours ago and I got the "nice bike" comment. Yes, it is.

I dunno Lucydad, you're entitled to your own opinion but I get lots of comments and compliments from the general public while riding around. Beauty is in the eye, etc., but if it was an ugly bike that wouldn't explain all the gawkers.

A guy just stopped me at the grocery to say "That's a SERIOUS bike!" I said, "well, uh, not exactly, but thanks anyway."

But Wildguzzi a better place for this sort of idle chit chat, don't you think?

V9 1 V9 2

Last edited:
We did this as a joke to a friend who converted a California 1100 to a Café:

Haha wow. That's amazing and crazy. Not going to lie, I'd ride it just to be "that weird guy" on the local rides. It only needs a bicycle bell!

I dunno Lucydad, you're entitled to your own opinion but I get lots of comments and compliments from the general public while riding around. Beauty is in the eye, etc., but if it was an ugly bike that wouldn't explain all the gawkers.

A guy just stopped me at the grocery to say "That's a SERIOUS bike!" I said, "well, uh, not exactly, but thanks anyway."

But Wildguzzi a better place for this sort of idle chit chat, don't you think?

Every time I see this color scheme I like the bike more and more.

I dunno Lucydad, you're entitled to your own opinion but I get lots of comments and compliments from the general public while riding around.
Bags are on and look good... nice! That's the comfort seat?

Haha wow. That's amazing and crazy. Not going to lie, I'd ride it just to be "that weird guy" on the local rides. It only needs a bicycle bell!
Heh, well all of that was just sat loosely on and zip-tie'd, not ridable. It was worth the look on his face when he pulled up. Took 5 minutes to put it back.

I like how the H&B Orbit bags on C-Bow mounts work visually with the Bobber. I also like how the solo comfort seat exposes the fender. "comfort" is a relative term, it's more comfortable than stock, but not by a wide margin.

Oy. How to make ugly even uglier (IMO). Welcome to the 70's.
Ha ha! True!

The V9 was kind of beginning to grow on me - not as a substitute for the V7 but as it's own thing.
It had it's own appeal that I was warming to, but my reaction to this revision of the design is "uch!"

You know when I first saw the pictures of the Cali 1400 I thought, what the hell were they on when they drew this up.
Now I think it is one of the best looking Touring, Custom, Muscle, Retro and Bagger bikes around.
It was the same with the V9.
Maybe I could go the Roamer, but no way the Bobber. In saying that, the more I get use to the looks the more I am swayed to the Bobber, especially in the colours of adan,s bike which looks great.
We all have our ideas on what a Moto Guzzi should look like but someone new to biking, I would guess, just likes the look of the bike first and the brand second.
Has anyone ever asked someone younger than us old farts what they think of the V9?
After saying that I hope that bloody pillion seat on the 2018 Bobber comes off easily !

We all have our ideas on what a Moto Guzzi should look like but someone new to biking, I would guess, just likes the look of the bike first and the brand second.
Has anyone ever asked someone younger than us old farts what they think of the V9?
After saying that I hope that bloody pillion seat on the 2018 Bobber comes off easily !
Agreed.
Plenty of younger guys here.
Hope so too, but this really opens the custom seat options up, for the 10 people that buy one.
Dealers here in SoCal say the V9 is not moving well.

However, still no match for the V7 livery...
IMG 0446

I am 43- is that young by Guzzi standards? I did not like the V9 at all in photos, but when I saw it in person and sat on it, it made sense. Especially in the context of the current retro competitors like the new Bonneville range, Ducati Scrambler, and Sportster. Yes, its a little more cruiser than the V7, but also feels more solid and substantial. It has advantages over all the bikes listed. Its just another flavor of the smallblock and goes along with the new V7- not a replacement. I don't care for the new seat or position- I think they got it right the first time.

Back