• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V9 Opinions

It's pretty obvious the V9 isn't selling well, at least not in the States. One can speculate why but certainly the fact that it's such an odd, neither-fish-nor-foul (standard nor cruiser) creature must have something to do with it. Moving pegs back and raising the seat seem to be an effort to get it more clearly into the "standard" category where it might sell better. But there is no disputing that sticking a 70's cruiser seat onto what is supposed to be a "bobber" is a bad move aesthetically.

Aeshetics are a funny thing though. I'm sure that when French impressionism was brand new, it horrified many viewers. Time has a way of altering these things, but I don't know if there's enough time to put a shine on the 2018 Bobber.

For myself, I've always liked the idea of owning a bike few people own. It's a kind of crazy that most Guzzi owners suffer from, I just have it to a larger degree. I may have reached my Zenith in this regard with the V9.

Interesting, the rear springs have been updated as well. Slight shift in weight balance by moving the pegs back?
Don't get too carried away... likely a simple vendor revison or change.

Interesting, does moving the pegs back mean that now when you put your feet down, pegs are behind your legs, not in front of them? Rinding aside, that seems like the biggest change and it is also a good comparison/measure of how forward or back the pegs actually are. But if they moved them 10cm back, it seems like it is the exact position my grounded legs would pass right now, can't imagine how that would work. When you put your feet down, pegs need to be either in front or behind the legs, riding positions vary, but pegs conflicting with walking/standing the bike would be a big no-no.

As a representative for the below 40s I can state that, for me at least, the V9 looks super cool, and I would love to own one. When it first came out I did not like it, but is has grown on me quite a bit (the new seat - not so much...). I own a V7R, but if I today were to choose betwen a V7R and a V9 Bobber I would go for the latter.

As a representative for the below 40s I can state that, for me at least, the V9 looks super cool, and I would love to own one. When it first came out I did not like it, but is has grown on me quite a bit (the new seat - not so much...). I own a V7R, but if I today were to choose between a V7R and a V9 Bobber I would go for the latter.
Thanks for the post, but the big question is would you buy one new? They aren't moving well (Bobber or Roamer) here, and my guess is pricing. US$8,990 for a Stone vs. $10,990 for a Boober (yes I know how I spelled it) is significant enough that I think it's chasing most away. Like all other Guzzi's, I suspect they'll start moving when the fire sales happen like on the older V7s now (including the V7 II).

Todd,

I think you are dead-on about it. I think that they would sell all they can make if they reduced the MSRP to 8995. I bought mine new and surely didn't pay MSRP. I found a dealer that wanted to move the bike and was willing to discount. The V7 Stone going for $5995 some places was the motorcycle bargain of the decade.

I love my Roamer. It needs a new seat, but other than that it's great. And it's also amazing how many times the windows roll down to comment "nice bike" or "ciao Bella" at stop lights!

I suspect they're not selling well here, either. I've not seen any out and around, and the same ones seem to have been in my dealer's showroom for a long time.

My 2017 red Roamer arrived on Friday and have just put 73 run in miles on her - love it - fits my 6' frame perfect and plenty of passenger room on the new seat - gutsy engine - excellent brakes - getting used to the gearbox - beautiful finish - compact and light weight suits its elderly rider - an ideal 'B' road bike.
Against - the bike is noisy in neutral when hot - it doesn't have a grab rail like the V7iii and none in the accessory store.

John

Post pics when you can! It was my experience that the gearbox really starts to smooth out after 200 miles or so. The pipes will get a bit louder as well to cover that clutch noise while in N. I got to put about 60 relaxed B-road miles on mine yesterday in perfect weather and it was sublime. When parked, these bikes draw a crowd!

Not sure if I posted it but same story with mine, at the dealer late autumn for fixing the vent.
I got like 600 km after the fix, no signes of leak coming back.. yet

Attachments

• D2461ABF-B711-4478-9A9F-7F5A20C19B99.JPG
    D2461ABF-B711-4478-9A9F-7F5A20C19B99.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 59AE197A-412F-4788-A71A-507A9EA3E25B.JPG
    59AE197A-412F-4788-A71A-507A9EA3E25B.JPG
    183 KB · Views: 19
Back