• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 III Rear Grab Bar & Other Accessories

Sean_Kelly

Tuned and Synch'ed
Has anyone heard / seen anything about the accessories for the new line of V7's? I figured they would be out by now so people could browse them when buying their new V7IIIs. When checking the Moto Guzzi US website though, the accessories .pdf file only shows last years catalog.

Mainly I am interested to see how much they will be charging for that rear grab bar, though an OEM brown seat would be awesome too. Something like this when put on a V7 II:

Grabbar
If any of you are also eyeing that new grab bar and want to add it to your V7 II, note that it looks like they changed the the shock mount on the new models, behind the frame tubing, so a custom bracket will need to be added to fit this.

It seems to take at least one year before the accessories start flowing. V9 was introduced 2016 and Hepco & Becker, LGC etc came out with stuff very late that year. Legend Gear released V9 specific luggage solutions only February 2017. There will be some others to follow, I guess.

Some manufacturers first want to see how many bikes get manufactured and sold. They wouldn't want to work out gear for a bike that sells only 180 copies worldwide.

Mainly I am interested to see how much they will be charging for that rear grab bar, though an OEM brown seat would be awesome too.
They are only showing the grab rail on the Anniversary edition with the smaller metal fender used on the Stornello, so that might be an issue for the larger plastic fender, even with a custom bracket.
If there is enough interest, I could make some that fit the V7 I & II. Cost guess-timate would be ~$150-200.
If they are moving towards a shared platform/frame as the V9, the seat latch may be in a different location on the III, but I'll know more in a week or two when my RentAGuzzi V7 III Stone arrives.

It seems to take at least one year before the accessories start flowing. V9 was introduced 2016 and Hepco & Becker, LGC etc came out with stuff very late that year. Legend Gear released V9 specific luggage solutions only February 2017. There will be some others to follow, I guess.

Well that's disappointing, but understandable. Guess I'll have to look into some custom options for now. The grab bar is such a good addition to that classic look that many of the older bikes had.

They are only showing the grab rail on the Anniversary edition with the smaller metal fender used on the Stornello, so that might be an issue for the larger plastic fender, even with a custom bracket.
If there is enough interest, I could make some that fit the V7 I & II. Cost guess-timate would be ~$150-200.
If they are moving towards a shared platform/frame as the V9, the seat latch may be in a different location on the III, but I'll know more in a week or two when my RentAGuzzi V7 III Stone arrives.

From all the promotional pictures it looks like they are also including it on the V7III classic as well as the anniversario. Here's a picture of it being showcased on the classic:
2017-Moto-Guzzi-V7-III-Special-7.jpg

That cost sounds about what I was expecting to pay from the dealer or manufacturer, so I would be interested if you get around to making them. Look forward to hearing about your experience with the III when it comes in. Thanks Todd

Hey Todd,

I could be interested in a grab rail for my V7R. I have removed the stock fender so no issue there. Hopefully more may want you to make a batch.

That cost sounds about what I was expecting to pay from the dealer or manufacturer, so I would be interested if you get around to making them. Look forward to hearing about your experience with the III when it comes in. Thanks Todd
Very good. I will try a mock up in the next week or two, and for sure when my V7 III lands so I can pull some measurements from it.
I could be interested in a grab rail for my V7R. I have removed the stock fender so no issue there. Hopefully more may want you to make a batch.
Thanks Bob, not directed at you... but "could be interested" is why I have literally thousands of $'s in parts sitting around that no one wants outside of the one or two that asked. So the only way I will do these if I have paid ahead orders.
You have the aftermarket seat, so I would need some measurements on exactly how wide it is compared to the stock saddle.

Very good. I will try a mock up in the next week or two, and for sure when my V7 III lands so I can pull some measurements from it.

Thanks Bob, not directed at you... but "could be interested" is why I have literally thousands of $'s in parts sitting around that no one wants outside of the one or two that asked. So the only way I will do these if I have paid ahead orders.
You have the aftermarket seat, so I would need some measurements on exactly how wide it is compared to the stock saddle.

Hi Todd - guess I mean if I thought the design looked right "in my mind". You know I have purchased your goods. :> Still waiting for a day off to install that front shock kit!

The after market seat (I will confirm with measure for you) is slightly narrower than stock rather than being wider.
Bob

FWIW - The seat that I have on my V7R is the BAAK V7 Racer seat, and my bike is currently in Todd's shop.
Thx - I have that seat as well as the one pictured on my bike. They are made on the OEM pan but told slightly narrower. Appreciate it. Are you thinking of adding bars too?

It looks like Moto Guzzi finally updated their accessory catalog with some new items for the V7 III's
http://www.motoguzzi.com/us_EN/accessories/
Items of Note:
- Looks like they are going to be offering the brown seat from the anniversario edition Part# 2S000922 (although it doesn't have stitching all the way down the seat, the main saddle is smooth)
- Someone mentioned these exhaust flanges yesterday Part# 2B003381
- They finally have an standard-style OEM brake Pad Part# 2S000812 / 2S000932 (I remember being annoyed about the little ones that come stock when I got the bike)

Todd, there doesn't seem to be any mention of the passenger grab bars, so looks like you'd be the only one offering them! Your review on the new V7's was great too, by the way. Might go into the local dealer to check out how much more comfortable those new seats are in person.

Hi Todd, Know this is still in the works. However, curious on what folks think or what you will offer for finish options/material? Black or clear anodized aluminum, chrome/powdered tubed steel, etc?

Hi Todd, Know this is still in the works. However, curious on what folks think or what you will offer for finish options/material? Black or clear anodized aluminum, chrome/powdered tubed steel, etc?
Will be coated steel, which I can do in a range of colors, but thinking a bright (near chrome) silver finish or satin black as the first two options. Input?

Will be coated steel, which I can do in a range of colors, but thinking a bright (near chrome) silver finish or satin black as the first two options. Input?

hmmm.....who reading this is good at Photoshop? I'm not really sure.....I am thinking silver (Near chrome) but only because my bike has that tank......but I can see a stone or special looking good with the black.

Last edited:
OK, show of hands (via a post below, and willingness to put down a 50% deposit/pre-order) for the grab rail for the '09-16 V7 models. I will do the prototype this week if there is enough interest. One or two won't do it.

I'll be watching,
Todd

Back