• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Early V7 Radial Tire Thread

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
How about upsides to radials on V7? Any advantage to ride quality from radials?
Thanks for posting about the Conti RAs. I look forward to trying a pair. For those in SoCal, I will stock a pair at my GT Moto shop in Orange.
Tire discussions are endless. Feel and less flat-prone are the two biggest factors to me. Bias ply tires were developed in the days of carbs and points.

I've got the Conti Road Attack 2 radials on my V7 Stone and prefer them to the other two brands I've had (non-radials). The ride quality is good. I plan to go a size wider to 110 on the front tyre when it needs replacing, as the 100 section Conti tyre is narrower than the Pirelli Sport Demon, presumably due to a different (more curved) profile.

Just wondering if it would be ok to run these with inner tubes. I have a spoked Special.

I don't have any experience with tubes in radials. Hopefully someone else will chime in!

Just wondering if it would be ok to run these with inner tubes. I have a spoked Special.
Yes, not a problem just be sure to run heavy duty tubes (or those spec'ed for radial use).

Ok...I'm a little embarrassed to ask this.

The V7 Racer has tubed tires according to the manual and to this forum.

However, when I go to the Pirelli website input V7 Racer, it tells me the best tires are the tube less Sport Demons.

In my search for a suitable tire, all I need to know is whether I need to buy Tubed or Tube less. The topic of Which tire is best is available in the Tire Thread.

Again, apologies for the dumb question but for some reason, this has me baffled.
Capture

The Sport Demons are tubeless, but on all spoked rim models, they are run with tubes. Common practice for a very long time now to run tubes in tubeless tires as needed.

Ok thanks guys, so the answer is;

For the V7 Racer or any spoked V7 model, you can use tubeless but must run a tube.

I wasnt sure if I was limited to looking for a tubed tire (TT) or a tubeless (TL).

it just shows how out of touch the factory is. i thought once they wasted all that money putting staff in California they might wake up. DUMB S----!
I haven't owned a bike with tubes since my new 1990 Mille GT. It's also one of the reasons i sold it.
I was seriously going to purchase a V7-3 latter this year but now it will be the new Ducati 950 Multi. not a lot of difference in price by the time I get done paying Todd to do the suspension and computer.

Does anyone have a review of the Continental Road Attack III's on a V7 yet?
I'm looking for a new set of tires in about a month to a month and a half. The idea of switching to radials is appealing.

Waiting for a set. According to there website, wont be available until 3Q.

Ah! Maybe that's why no one has posted a report!
They sound like a good tire, but I was curious to hear how they felt on a V7 (especially if someone is running them with tubes).

Third Quarter isn't bad a wait. It might be a bit past when I should get new tires, but if my work schedule stays the way it has been lately, they'll probably be available before I actually need them. :p

Post an update when you get yours installed!

I see Bike bandit has a few odd rear sizes available already, so I'd say they are on target. I won't be using tubes, but look forward to seeing how/if radials improve the bike. No complaints with the Sport Demons, but look to be worth a try.

I tried to get a set when I needed new rubber but couldn't get them in Australia.
I ended up getting Bridgestone BT45 these tyres are heaps better than the Sport Demons.
So the radials I'm sure will be the ducks nuts on the V7:)

Does anyone have a review of the Continental Road Attack III's on a V7 yet?
They should be shipping end of this month. Per above, I'll be keeping a set or two on the shelf Chris. I'll be putting a set on my V7 III Stone rental when the time comes (also soon).

I don't know why we still have to put up with tubes in 2017?
I was thinking of getting a 1200 thruxton until I found out they run tubes its just dumb.
Anyone who's had a flat with tubed tyres know just how frustrating it is to fix on the side of the road and I would hate to
Have flat on the rear with the V7! Just phone for a tow truck fix at home...

Back