• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Spine Registry & Pic Thread

Getting one step closer of having one of each color of the Moto Guzzi 1100 Sport sitting in the stable! I just bought this 11k miles, 1996 silver beauty today. I will now need to go on a 1700 mile round trip next weekend to pick her up and bring her home! I luckily have an extra air filter box, so that air box will be installed as soon as this bike gets here.

All I need now is a Root-beer Brown / Black 1100, and my collection will be completed!

I foresee another group picture coming soon!

Fullsizeoutput 20067 Fullsizeoutput 20069

Last edited:
Getting one step closer of having one of each color of the Moto Guzzi 1100 Sport sitting in the stable! I just bought this 11k miles, 1996 silver beauty today. I will now need to go on a 1700 mile round trip next weekend to pick her up and bring her home! I luckily have an extra air filter box, so that air box will be installed as soon as this bike gets here.

All I need now is a Root-beer Brown / Black 1100, and my collection will be completed!

I foresee another group picture coming soon!

View attachment 12959 View attachment 12960
that looks exactly like mine, except I have the trapezoid headlight.....and some baggage :)
100 3102

Very nice!

I will be in Germany in December, and I'm going to see if I can locate me a trapezoid light and front faring while there. I would like for one of my bikes to have the trapezoid light front.
Keep one for a spare, or as trading points. I have different mufflers/crossover now and lots of carb. parts. Slides/jets, etc.
You able to get to ride in Germany?

Keep one for a spare, or as trading points. I have different mufflers/crossover now and lots of carb. parts. Slides/jets, etc.
You able to get to ride in Germany?

It's probably going to be a little to cold for me in December in Germany. I'm going to be there for two weeks to visit my family. I was born and raised in Germany, just outside of Frankfurt, but moved to the US when I was 18, back in 1984.

I actually have a lot of spare parts for my bikes. I bought a 97 yellow bike, with the thoughts of painting her in the brown, which I have not done yet. But I already pulled the ECU and the front rim from that bike as donor parts for one of my other 97. I have five complete 1100's now (two 96 & three 97's), so the 97 # 6 may end up as a parts bike, or I'm going to maybe still put her back together..... Only time will tell. I also have two original exhaust systems, a spare red tank of a 97, and several other parts. But, I don't have any items to change the front light out to the trapezoid light. That is hopefully something that I can get my hands on while in Europe. And even shipping a bike over to the US would not be to costly, so I may see if I can buy me a complete running, or not, 1100 while there.

It also didn't take me very long to realize that you can find, every now and then, a 1100 for around $2.3-$3k, which is pretty cheap if you would look at the individual parts cost, if needed to purchase.......

The silver 96 1100 was delivered Sunday night. This bike looks much better in real life versus in the pictures I saw, which does not happen very often when buying a bike sight unseen. This is my second 96, and I noticed on the first 96 that the changing of the gears was pretty noisy compared to the 97's, or of any on my other bikes, but this second 96 bike's gearbox shifts thru the gears with the same loud "clung" as the first one does, so I guess that the loud clung gearbox noise is typical for the 96 1100 Sport. Both also have the identical gearbox whining sounds when letting of the gas. I also checked both gearbox drain magnets, and neither have metal shavings on them, so I hope that the gear issues that many 96 gearboxes had have not started, or hopefully will not happen on my bikes. My first blue 96 has 21k miles, and this second silver bike has 11.2k miles on her engine. I'm going to give her a full service next week, which will include the installation of the original air box with a K&N filter, new fuel filter, plugs, grease the driveshaft, replace the rear wheels driveshaft housings oil, change the engines oil over to Mobil 1 20W50 V-Twinn Synthetic oil, and I will use Red Line V-Twinn Synthetic Gearbox Oil with Shockproof. I will also add some carb cleaner, since she huffed and puffed a little as I started her up for the first time. All and all, I think that this bike was a great buy at $3.5k

Fullsizeoutput 200e0 Fullsizeoutput 200e2 Fullsizeoutput 200e1

LOOKS GREAT!
are the carbs set up as it came stock? guzziolagy (sp) has a better set up. different slides/jets/needles etc.
stock set up runs lean, spits/farts some.
my 95 clunks, less so when you shift at the right speed.
I've been using 15-50 Mobil 1
looks like you already have a non stock crossover.
you can switch the clip ons, left to right/flip them over for a little extra height.

rock steady in the turns. if you want to quicken the turn in, try raising the fork tubes.

Fantastic Scott - congratulations you finally got one & at a bloody good price at that!
Yes these bikes are the most underrated Guzzi, mark my words in the not to distant future they will be sought after ( being really an RS in drag).
The yellow black real grows on you & makes them stand out - don't change colour - in fact put a black letter GUZzI transfer on the back fairing with a small transfer "bee" at the end
The sound mine makes with full Stainetune exhaust would put a hot V8 to shame - likewise I will never sell it.
I still have the "black" mirrors mine came with it you want them.
My 992 Sport conversion conversion ( still in yellow & black) has stalled only due to our miserable cold winter making the garage our second fridge. However all the little fiddley bits done now with only the relocation of fuel filter ( fuel pump in its location now, you need to make replacing a filter easy as well as keep the pump fuel lines away from the headers - right?). Will try & finish by next month & will post some pics.

Fantastic Scott - congratulations you finally got one & at a bloody good price at that!
Yes these bikes are the most underrated Guzzi, mark my words in the not to distant future they will be sought after ( being really an RS in drag).
The yellow black real grows on you & makes them stand out - don't change colour - in fact put a black letter GUZzI transfer on the back fairing with a small transfer "bee" at the end
The sound mine makes with full Stainetune exhaust would put a hot V8 to shame - likewise I will never sell it.
I still have the "black" mirrors mine came with it you want them.
My 992 Sport conversion conversion ( still in yellow & black) has stalled only due to our miserable cold winter making the garage our second fridge. However all the little fiddley bits done now with only the relocation of fuel filter ( fuel pump in its location now, you need to make replacing a filter easy as well as keep the pump fuel lines away from the headers - right?). Will try & finish by next month & will post some pics.

Black mirrors? Never seen nor heard of that. I found the rarest thing in the Centauro World, a NOS original factory mirror set in Germany which I immediately bought. It was not cheap, $300+ USD but I have always loved the original mirrors. I was thrilled to find them. Looking forward to some pics! I have done a lot of stuff to mine and need to take updated photos and post too.

Another group picture with my latest silver 1100 addition....... I'm still working on my 2nd yellow "Barn Find" 97! She will be hopefully added to the lineup next spring!

Fullsizeoutput 20186 Fullsizeoutput 2018e Fullsizeoutput 20190

IMG_20171104_150525330.jpg

The silver 96 1100 was delivered Sunday night. This bike looks much better in real life versus in the pictures I saw, which does not happen very often when buying a bike sight unseen. This is my second 96, and I noticed on the first 96 that the changing of the gears was pretty noisy compared to the 97's, or of any on my other bikes, but this second 96 bike's gearbox shifts thru the gears with the same loud "clung" as the first one does, so I guess that the loud clung gearbox noise is typical for the 96 1100 Sport. Both also have the identical gearbox whining sounds when letting of the gas. I also checked both gearbox drain magnets, and neither have metal shavings on them, so I hope that the gear issues that many 96 gearboxes had have not started, or hopefully will not happen on my bikes. My first blue 96 has 21k miles, and this second silver bike has 11.2k miles on her engine. I'm going to give her a full service next week, which will include the installation of the original air box with a K&N filter, new fuel filter, plugs, grease the driveshaft, replace the rear wheels driveshaft housings oil, change the engines oil over to Mobil 1 20W50 V-Twinn Synthetic oil, and I will use Red Line V-Twinn Synthetic Gearbox Oil with Shockproof. I will also add some carb cleaner, since she huffed and puffed a little as I started her up for the first time. All and all, I think that this bike was a great buy at $3.5k

View attachment 13109 View attachment 13110 View attachment 13111
Hi Medic Andy,
Great buy - I will never sell my 96 Sport & if by chance one day I win lotto I will be coming over to buy a couple at that price!
It was ex USA with 20k miles, small exhaust outlets & mph spedo with aftermarket crossover exhaust but also had been rejetted, It was hard to start & chuffed n wheezed until warm. However with the stock crossover ( biggest engine Hp increase according to Dr John!) the needles changed to K14? (might be K19 - read guzziology last pages readers replies) & now it starts 1st pop - is as smooth on the throttle as any injected bike and really hauls arse after 5th rpm.
I run Proma additive in the gearbox & engine with good quality 15/40 semi synthetic oil.
You learn not to make hurried gear changes.p & use that abundant torque.
I also try not to cruise in 5th (unless really going for it) as it is the weaker gear which does not like gobs of torque thrown at it - can still get 48mpg cruising in 4th at no more than 70 odd mph.
Now has 38th miles on the clock with only the Tacho replaced ( electronic one). AWSOME sport/cruiser that still gives moderns a run for their money.
I did raise the forks 16mm through the head clamps & she handles great - if you want to drop into a corner quick just apply opposite lock & she'll go over quick where you let her go & she' ll stay there as if on rails.
Waiting for our summer to start in earnest & get riding again.
Cheers - you make Guzzitis proud!

Is that a cover over the pillion seat on the yellow one or is it reupholstered to match the paint? Or did you buy that somewhere?
The yellow passenger seat was re-leathered in yellow leather. I bought a rear fiberglass section which I am going to modify by removing the passenger seat and having a body shop fill in the open area with fiberglass. I will then paint this section to match one of my red bikes. This modified rear panel will then give me the look of a true one-seater.

This is the rear section that will be modified by filling in the rear seat with fiberglass. I will then paint it in the matching BMW red and install the new rear section onto the bike below.
Fullsizeoutput 201b0 Fullsizeoutput 201e2

Back