• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Some words of encouragement.

Garwood

Maintaining a Low Profile!
GT Contributor
Frequently on forums like this the main thing we see posted are problems people are having with their machines. I'd like to go a different route.

On May 24th, I bought a new 2016 Eldorado from Moto International in Seattle. It's one of their "Northwest Editions" with the California windshield and saddle bags. This is the second Guzzi I have bought from them and I'm a return customer because they are a NICE agency. They really seem to want happy customers, from my experience. I live in Wyoming so it's a 1,200 mile trip to get there.
After I bought the bike, I immediately rode it the 1,200 miles back home. It was May and the weather wasn't perfect. When I reached my second overnight stop in Arco, Idaho, it turned into a 36 hour overnight stop as it started raining and I didn't feel like riding in it. So my nice new motorcycle spent it's second day as a member of my stable, sitting in a parking lot getting rained on for 24 hours. When the sun came out it started right up and I finished the ride to Wyoming with no issues. Well, one issue. The saddle bags leaked but I have been told that is a "Feature" on California Bags.
Once home I fixed the saddle bag leak pretty simply. I bought a can of "Flex Seal" (as seen on TV) and sprayed the seams of the bags from the inside. Didn't even have to take them off the bike. Since then, no more leaks.
On June 21st, I headed out to Northern Minnesota for the Minnesota State Guzzi Association Rally at Grand Marais. Again, I ran into rain. The Friday before the rally it started raining in the afternoon and I stopped in Ely, Minnesota. This time the bike only spent the night in the rainy parking lot. On Saturday I finished the ride to Grand Marais in intermittent rain. The bike ran fine. On Sunday, I had planned to leave but it really was raining so I spent another day in a motel looking out the window at the forlorn Eldo in the parking lot. 21 Lunds Motel Grand Marias Finally on Monday the weather broke some and I headed over to Wisconsin for some sight seeing and then back to Wyoming. About 2,000 miles in 9 days. Of the 9 days I got 5 with either some, or a lot of, rain. Bike performed flawlessly and the bags didn't leak.
On July 14th I headed out on the Eldorado for the International Norton Owners yearly rally. This year it was in Buena Vista, Virginia. To make a long story short, I put 3,800 miles on the bike in 10 days (only two days with rain). No problems. It started every time, got around 40 MPG, and ate up the miles.
So I have had the bike for two months and in that time I have put just under 8,000 miles on it. It has been exposed to a significant amount of rain. So far, no trouble (just the leaking bags which were easily fixed). Not even the dreaded moisture in the instrument pod. Even the stock white wall tires are holding up very well. They have plenty of miles left in them.
I know 8,000 miles is not a lot in the Guzzi scheme of things, but I think this is an auspicious start to what I hope will be a long relationship with this bike. I hope to get it up to 10,000 miles before the winter hits here.
And by the way, between the Minnesota trip and the Virginia trip I installed Todd's full boat fueling package on the bike. Money well spent!!!
Garwood.

I'm jealous! I don't get to ride enough.

Yes, the Eldorado is a stout platform. Mostly the problems people have are annoying little glitches. Given how nice the engine runs I could see this bike going waaaay over 100k miles.

I feel the same way about my California touring. I love that bike. About the same mileage and had nothing but great performance and fun out of it.

And by the way, between the Minnesota trip and the Virginia trip I installed Todd's full boat fueling package on the bike. Money well spent!!!
Sounds like the trip to hell. I've retired from riding in the rain. Cold I can take - at least the level of cold you'd expect in coastal West Oz. But rain is out now for me.

Garwood, please tell me more about "Todd's full boat fueling package". I'm constantly seeking new and better ways of carrying more fuel.

Sounds like the trip to hell. I've retired from riding in the rain. Cold I can take - at least the level of cold you'd expect in coastal West Oz. But rain is out now for me.

Garwood, please tell me more about "Todd's full boat fueling package". I'm constantly seeking new and better ways of carrying more fuel.

The fueling package is not for carrying more fuel.
It is a "kit" that makes the bike run properly by adjusting fuel & ignition.

Todd can set the parameters according to any mods IE: Different muffler, hi flo air filter etc...
to get the bike to run correctly.

If interested it's best to contact todd direct: Todd at guzzitech.com I think is his email.

Well worth the time & expense.

As far as carrying more fuel:
Years ago we used to cut the fuel tank in thirds length wise & then weld in 1" or wider strips.

Thanks to Trout for answering the fueling question.
Regarding riding in the rain, since I retired I do my best to avoid riding in the rain also. That is why I was holed up in motels on two different occasions since buying the Eldorado. But when it starts when I am already going down the road, or in the middle of some trip with destination date already established, I don't have much choice. But I watch the weather forecast closely, don't leave home when it's actively raining, and alter routes when possible to avoid the wet stuff.

I'm with you Garwood. Sometimes you just can't avoid the rain. Funny thing... I wonder if others are like me. I can ride all day in the rain and then feel the necessity to cover my bike at the hotel. Just can't bare the thought of it getting rained on with out me.

I don't mind riding in the rain if I have to but it's a pain in the arse cleaning the bike afterwards. On this trip had three continuous days of rain and bike sat outside motel rooms the 2 nights in between while it bucketed down, never missed a beat. Wet

I did the fly and ride with Moto Int. and drove my Cal Touring back to New England without a single issue. The Guzzi ran perfectly, I did hit some pretty inclement weather along the way. Rain in the NW to extreme heat in the Valley and then on to some snow in Flagstaff. Before I left Seattle I purchased a Nelson Rigg half cover, it takes up no storage space to speak of, now when it rains I can cover the bike and know its high and dry underneath ... I highly recommend Moto International, I only wish they were closer. My local dealer sells about a half dozen different brands and they are nowhere near as friendly as Dave and his crew were to me. They'll even pick you up at the airport and take you to your lodging...

IMG 20160501 135245

Last edited:
I did the fly and ride with Moto Int. and drove my Cal Touring back to New England without a single issue. The Guzzi ran perfectly, I did hit some pretty inclement weather along the way. Rain in the NW to extreme heat in the Valley and then on to some snow in Flagstaff. Before I left Seattle I purchased a Nelson Rigg half cover, it takes up no storage space to speak of, now when it rains I can cover the bike and know its high and dry underneath ... I highly recommend Moto International, I only wish there were closer. My local dealer sells about a half dozen different brands and they are nowhere near as friendly as Dave and his crew were to me. They'll even pick you up at the airport and take you to your lodging...

View attachment 13239

Moto International and GuzziTech are an unbeatable combination for a positive Moto Guzzi owning experience.

Dave at MI really does make you feel like he is a friend trying to make buying a new bike a good experience. He didn't pick me up at the airport but he did pick me up at the ferry terminal! And it's not just Dave. The entire staff is friendly and helpful.

Todd at GuzziTech is incredibly knowledgeable and responsive. He sells quality products and services, never leaves you on your own, and is very generous with his time and know how. I always feel confident and comfortable dealing with GuzziTech.

If only the rest of the motorcycle industry could be like Dave and Todd...........!

In no way did I mean to leave out the rest of the Moto staff, they were all great! - I almost want to buy a new bike every couple of years just to have similar experiences. If there's to be a next time I can apply the lessons learned to enhance the overall experience. Either way, they're a class act, I only wish there was a Guzzitech or equivalent on the east coast somewhere. If there were, I'd be in striking distance for a performance upgrade, but as of now I'll have to enjoy the bike as is.

IMG 20160429 160228

IMG 20141218 151723 333 Death Valley! One of my favorite places. Already have my reservations for the first week of December!

Before I left Seattle I purchased a Nelson Rigg half cover, it takes up no storage space to speak of, now when it rains I can cover the bike and know its high and dry underneath.

I have used the same product for many years. It is easy to put on, easy to take off and easy to roll up and pack away.

Back