• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Life and riding

Dinsdale Piranha

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
You just can't help yourself can you Dinsdale LOL !
How's the Matris performing?
Don't have it yet, unless, of course, you mean mattress. I'll ask the missus, but I reckon it's working OK - did the trick this morning anyway :inlove:.

On a more serious note however, I don't have a Gutz or the farkles yet. I've had money tied up legal wrangles for nearly a year now, but today it's in my acct :party:. I've emailed Mario and will be in Perth Tuesday to "officially" place the order. I've given him a farkle list too. Sent a list to Todd as well - just waiting to hear back. My time here so far has been trying to come up to speed on Gutz specifics so I can hit the tarmac running.

What! You don't have a V7 yet?
Quick get a Japanese bike LOL!
Mate I've spent way to much $ on my bike.
I started on Ducatis in 1969. They were the days when you worked on 'em 5hrs to ride "em 2. Biggest money sinks ever - but so began a long series Italian love affairs.

In 1979 I was in the market for new Gutz after I saw my cousin's brand new 750 S3. I let it be known in the Ducati and Beemer clubs. A bloke who had just got married wanted a deposit for a house and was selling his near new R100RS with about 3,500Km on the clock plus Krauser panniers for a ridiculously low price - about $3,000(ish) iirc. An offer too hard to refuse. So, no Gutz and the next 11 years and nearly 4000,000Kms on 180° V twins. I did get back to my Iti sheilas later.

Come forward to July 2017, driving down Collier Rd and I saw Thunderbikes - never heard of them before. Went in, and the rest is history. Mario got sick of wiping all my drool off the seats in there and then went for calculated "thrust" - the killer blow! He said, "Why don't you take it for a ride?" He's a dirty fighter that bloke. Now I remember why I rode all those Latin lovleies for 20 years. By the time I reached Tonkin Hwy I was in love, again, for the very 1st time. Totally smitten!

My money has finally cleared all of its legal hurdles and lobbed in my bank acct today. I'll be waiting for Mario to open 1st thing Wednesday morning. I don't really like giving out contact details in a public forum (bad experience in another place with a rabid tree hugging, bunny kissing, bleeding heart, animals rights, leftie loony - I'll keep my real thoughts for the ilk under wraps) and there seems to be no PMs on this site, but I'll be in Perth for a few days. Is there a way to catch with you while I'm up there? Any'ow, this is becoming a novel. Hopefully catch you next week

PS I've assumed you're in Perth, but you're not. You're from Australia. Is that North or South of the river?

Last edited:
I'm about 1/2 hour south of the Qld boarder so Perth is a bit far lol..
You must be a old codger? :) I am Doh! Stupid time goes to fast!

I'm about 1/2 hour south of the Qld boarder so Perth is a bit far lol..
You must be a old codger? :) I am Doh! Stupid time goes to fast!
Somewhere near Ballina? An old Beemer club man, Russel (Bear) Payne came from Ballina. I'm from Albany, WA's Southern-most town. About 4.5hrs sth of Perth. As for Old codger. Where does 65 fit in?

Somewhere near Ballina? An old Beemer club man, Russel (Bear) Payne came from Ballina. I'm from Albany, WA's Southern-most town. About 4.5hrs sth of Perth. As for Old codger. Where does 65 fit in?
I'm 61 :(
No not Ballina Tweed heads..
We have some great roads for riding well we used to till that stupid cyclone Debbie hit last March mate that screwed some good roads up and there still not fixed.

Exactly at the correct time.
We be old enough to learn from our experiences & young enough to ignore them & accept the consequences.
Just did the 65 myself.
Aha!! See you're the ol' fart, not me. Not till Eureka Stockade Day for me :party:.

There, gotcha! You'll need your friend, Google for that one

ps Where's the little smilie holding the Eureka flag? Surely everyone in the world wants to use one of them sometimes ;)

Exactly at the correct time.
We be old enough to learn from our experiences & young enough to ignore them & accept the consequences.
Just did the 65 myself.
Aha!! See you're the ol' fart, not me. Not till Eureka Stockade Day for me :party:.

ps Where's little smilie hold in the Eureka flag? Surely everyone in the world wants to use one of them sometimes ;)

pps There it goes again! I KNOW I only clicked the mouse once, but it posted twice. Any clues anyone?

I'm 61 :(
No not Ballina Tweed heads..
We have some great roads for riding well we used to till that stupid cyclone Debbie hit last March mate that screwed some good roads up and there still not fixed.
Oh to be smelling the wilds oats of youth. I was 61 once :rofl:

We must catch up. My wife and I expect to be driving up that way around April/May next year. I have an auntie/uncle at the Gold Coast and a cousin right in inner Brissy.

I've ridden all of the old Pacific Hwy from Sydney up to the Sunshine coast quite a few times - back in the '70s! Nth of Sydney I always took the old Pacific coz I was too scabby to pay the toll. Besides, why would anyone take the tollway on a Ducati, Benelli or MV? Had another cousin based at Amberley in those days and I was based at Richmond. There was an outstanding gorge between Windsor and the hwy at about Bobbin Head which I used to take - can't remember its name. The 900SS couldn't make 2 of the hairpins so had to do 3 point turns to get it around. The Benelli was in a class of its own on those roads. Sometimes I took Putty Rd, but a major, major accident turned me off Putty Rd for a while - Benelli vs B double, head on

PS Todd, if you're seeing this, there really needs to be a PM option in this software. Whilst there's nothing seriously personal in any this it'd be better moved off to the side somewhere, where things like contact info can be shared - just between consenting adults. You know what I mean :shake:.

Last edited:

ps Where's little smilie hold in the Eureka flag? Surely everyone in the world wants to use one of them sometimes ;)

pps There it goes again! I KNOW I only clicked the mouse once, but it posted twice. Any clues anyone?
Lol this crap only happens to old people;)

Hey listen. Keep it under your hat, but I think we've just hijacked this thread. Keep schtumm (I've no idea how to spell that word) and they probably won't notice.

Hey Dins & Jeff.
Sent a PM to Dins to show him how it works.
Tried to send one to Jeff but he may have the option turned off.
Should be able to click on the persons name & then "Start a Conversation".

Back