• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Anyone have the new V7iii Racer..?

Maj Steve Trevor

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
I'd be very interested in a report, and especially some pics and/or videos showing seating position, etc. Have been thinking of the Anniversario as my next bike but have just recently gotten bit by the Racer bug as well. So, hoping to test ride one soon, but also would love to have any feedback on it rides and feels.. Thanks.

On a lark, I went to the local dealer yesterday ("local" meaning about an hour's drive away) and looked at both the V7 II and V7 III Racer. These bikes fit me perfectly: Unlike my current bike, no modifications required to be 100% right. In fact, they're very very close to the '75 850T special that I built in 1995, similarly very close to the '89 LeMans 1000 mk V that I bought that same year, but a bit lighter than either.

It's a funny thing: Back in July, I went to another dealership and sat on the V7 III Stone, which in essence is much closer to what my 850T started out like. It didn't do the number for me at all. At that time, the only way I could have sat on or test ridden the Racer would have been to fly or drive to SoCal to see the only one in the state that I could find. I chose a different bike on that basis. While a nice bike, it's just not hitting the numbers for me despite a great deal of work put into customizing and configuring it. I've found it to be a disheartening problem; that has sapped my motivation to go forward with it.

Needless to say, I'll be calling the dealer back on Tuesday morning to negotiate price and put a deposit down on one of the Racers... :h:

Yeah that's one of my concerns. It looks not as extreme as some cafe racers, but still, I am 52 years old... Donyou happen to have any pics of you on the bike? Thanks!

The new engine is fantastic. The Racer is beautiful, but I found my V7R cafe bars and geometry to be hard on my back.

Yeah that's one of my concerns. It looks not as extreme as some cafe racers, but still, I am 52 years old... Donyou happen to have any pics of you on the bike? Thanks!

Well, I'm 6' tall, long torso, and 63 years old. I find the Racer's seating position FAR more comfortable than any "sit up and beg" or "adventure sport" posture bike. Like so many things, it's "Whatever works for you..." You can't really know for sure until you sit on one and/or ride it.

Well that gives me hope..! Hoping to test ride one this week.

Well, I'm 6' tall, long torso, and 63 years old. I find the Racer's seating position FAR more comfortable than any "sit up and beg" or "adventure sport" posture bike. Like so many things, it's "Whatever works for you..." You can't really know for sure until you sit on one and/or ride it.

I put 17K miles on my 2012 Racer. Agree: not extreme. Given that, one of my prime motivations for trading for the new Special is geometry. Be discerning, choose well and good luck!

Back