• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM V7 Mk I-III 2>1 SS Exhaust System

Details for the GT 2>1 system. Built mostly for looks, sound and weight. It will move the power more to bottom/mid, with zero sacrifice of top end power, and shed nearly 20 lbs off the stock system.
NOTHING will give significant gains out of the heron-head small block motor outside of our 4V head conversion. Power gains is in the bottom/mid power, not high-rev top speed.
The stubby can, per my postings and video is INCREDIBLY LOUD, as it's barely a muffler of 6" long.
More details below.

As another V7 owner who has thrown down on the 2>1 and ECU remap I thought I could offer another response. First in the interest of full disclosure, the V7 is my first bike. In stock form, the V7 was comfortable, but uninspiring. After the break in period I would rarely get the tach over 5k. Why? Because it sounded like the bike was dying. Not stammering, stuttering, or fueling related dying, it sounded like it was literally dying. After installing the 2>1 the bike sounds like it is willing and able between 5k-6.5k. With fueling flat spots sorted out through the ECU remap and a sound that says the bike is willing, what is left? You suddenly find yourself making more strategic gear choices because you are riding the bike at the edges of it's performance envelope. Sometimes 45-48bhp runs up against what you want the bike to do. In regard to looks, the GT-Rx 2>1 follows the lines of the bike better than the stock system and the other aftermarket offerings. The symmetry of the vertical down flow headers, with them following the angle of the frame from the side, it just looks right. If that isn't important to you then so be it.

Well, that's good to know if he just switches over to the longer can his high speed performance should be solved. I'll have to check in with him and see if he's made the switch yet, I know he was planning to. FWIW I am a customer and am happy that GuzziTech makes the most options available out there to suit whatever tastes you may have.
As for why I didn't post the review here, I thought maybe since it wasn't my bike and my purchase and this is your site I'd stay off. But as long as you are OK with that, I won't hesitate to post here. I really do like my new Anit-Gravity battery and I did post a review on that!
Posting a review here is most helpful, even if it's negative, at least I have an opportunity to respond and correct the issue before the Guzzi world has a chance to read all of the ignorant group-mentality-pile-on responses. Based on your post, it just gives more fuel to the fire of negativity towards me/GT there, as you hopefully saw.
Static ECU mapping is *really* tough as every motor is different. The fact that the factory can allow the bike to run at all with their emission constraints is miraculous.
The owner of the bike you rode wrote me and said he loves it, and didn't feel any issues. What you likely felt, is the boost in bottom end/mid-range power makes the top end feel blah. Stock exhaust and/or aftermarket mufflers have to pull out of a HP/fueling hole, which makes it *feel* like it builds power. These motors sign-off at a tick over 5k RPM. It will rev above that, but power stays the same due to the terrible flow of the (Heron) head design.
What amazes me, is that many new faceless businesses have more traction in the Guzzi Community by throwing a paint job, knobbies, high bars and open exhausts with zero fuel corrections on a V7, then someone who is focused on making things work/go better for nearly a decade and a half. I am as accommodating as I can afford to be when it comes to products and offerings, more so then any I've dealt with in 30+ years. As I've posted before, I'm not perfect, but I work on operating with integrity best I can in having a life outside of this website. I purchase and test everything I offer here, as they have to work to my expectations as a Pro Rider/Racer of 42+ years and well over 1.5 million street miles (250k+ on Guzzis), not including any racing or dirt riding, which I've done a lot longer.

Todd, it's the same mentality that drives house buyers to look at just the surface treatment in a house for sale, rather than investigating the infrastructure elements like furnace, insulation, plumbing, etc. Superficial bling wins.

I have the GT-Rx Reflash (running Mistrals w/ no baffle, High Flow Air Filter) and the bike runs like a dream. No coughing etc when I do the ton or at any other speeds. The reflash was done specifically for all of the Mods that I listed. Even changing something as small as putting the baffles back in would throw the whole thing off (I have tested it). So, as Todd said, swapping between his exhaust is going to throw a wrench in the setup / perform differently.

I like the power delivery with Todd's reflash and the 2-1 pipe much more then the stock setup. I bought a MG because I don't like having to wring a motor out to get the horsepower, the pipe/reflash combo makes the bike more comfortable to ride and I'm not stressing the engine. At all.
Keep doing what you do Todd, I appreciate your effort and completely enjoyed the day I spent at your shop.

Pat

We just finished up our 2>1 for the V7 Mk I & II as shown below (only, no other options outside of finishes, brushed as shown, polished or coated). It will fit ALL V7 I & II's regardless of model. Yes you will need to revise the fueling in order for this to work. Click on the pic below for details, or find it in the Store of course. We will be soon offering a more conventional muffler exit location as well. Watch the online Store. Before you ask, these are not street legal, and yes they are on the loud side (compared to stock VERY loud) if you have to ask... however far from most all HD's on the road today.

My V7 (MY 2015) has Agostini pipes with the GuzziTech reflash-the bike runs perfect. ZERO popping at any speed-just today I wound it out to 100 and shut it down-perfect. No pops, no stumble as I rev it up-NOTHING bad at all.
I couldn't be more pleased.

I waited and have been riding my bike diligently to ensure I had a proper mind and reference(s) for this V7I-II Full 2>1 and after having said and done all of that: I am thoroughly impressed with the work done with this system. Note: I have had GuzziTech install this and also have had the fuel mapping done to the ECU; performance has remarkably been improved across the board: response and feel have are literally day & night. I took one bike in and came out with another!

It's a smart beautiful package, with proper tuning this system is an aesthetically pleasing aftermarket replacement with performance to back it.

I was rather fortunate enough to order a version different from what I had received, the technicalities of the V7II forced the build to convert from a UB Stubby to the custom non-removable-baffled UB which my ears and I thank Todd, in his infinite wisdom, for said technicality. This baffled-version is still (yeah, STILL) remarkably loud (I can't even imagine a non-baffled can, now...) probably punching in around 90-95db on idle; I'm paranoid of the noise some early days (and late nights). Remember: decibels are LOGARITHMIC UNITS, with normal (well, most normal,...) conversations at 60-63db. The 2>1 system is throaty, punchy, growls on deceleration (no popping), and slightly less annoying loud than my slip-on Agostini's with the baffles removed.

Make no mistake: its presence is duly-made, it can be heard coming and it can be felt bouncing off cars a few bike lengths away (I've had other riders tell me it rumbles off cars as I lane-split). There's a satisfying shake of the ground in close proximity and honestly, the exhaust peeking out just from the underbody just looks b****ing, excuse my French. Aesthetically, it's pleasing and from a maintenance stand-point you can now reach under and through the back of the V7 where two cans would have restricted one's access. Construction is impeccable and the headers run cleanly along the lines of the bike. The Y-Tube is neatly tucked just past the sump and the lambdas are smartly placed (nice job!). I have not had any clearance issues, I've been able to run the bike up ramped sidewalks (not driveway dips, like really: legitimate sloped & ramped sidewalks) with no issues and I have not had any problems running over speed bumps at speed (that'd be a suspension issue, actually,...). Again, I really want to stress how aesthetically pleasing this is! One part of my wished I got black power coating but the sane part of me loves the way the pipes have blued!

In terms of performance, this isn't going to win you any track days and it isn't going to beat any liter bikes (I also have an '09 Yammy R1 for reference. I purchased the V7II new with nary any miles on the engine.

I've broken it in quite well and as I stated earlier- having the 2>1 system installed has literally been like receiving a new bike. I've owned a '14 V7R prior to this (lost to an accident, unfortunately) and I've rode the bike to the ground (quite literally) at an astonishing 17k racked up in one year; I went cross-country...something every adventurous-soul should do, and I believe I have the feeling of the V7R down. The first immediate difference is the throttle response; it's no longer sluggish and its acceleration is accented by the punchy bass emitted from the underbody can.

My only issue is that I "feel" (I'm stressing just myself) second is lackluster. It's feels like it sits in this purgatory of acceleration and speed; never quite satisfied with the amount of the broad torque across this gear. I feel like it's more of a rolling gear than something I'd actually ride in- opting to use 1st for slow-speed or 3rd and above for the general riding. I simply can't put my finger on it but I think the bike rides fantastic in 1st and 3rd that 2nd really just the "next neutral," it isn't bad but it isn't remarkable either.

Fueling has been exceptionally better and the spark plugs are taking a nice clean burn rather than its lean (clean) look. Again, the more I ride this and the longer I ride the headers have taken a beautiful blue (minus the few fingerprints on the right side when I carelessly applied when cleaning the forks,... doh!). The pipes look like they'll take on a nice patina and accentuate the aesthetics of the bike further. Sound is remarkably tolerable and a pleasure to hear and the bike has never felt better! I highly recommend this system to anyone looking to make a performance impact on their V7.

We're working on the new 2>1 prototype for the V7 III using both the GP-style Meg (shown below) and the smaller reverse cone underbody muffler as shown prior in this thread. I have eight total V7 I & II 2>1 systems on the shelf ready to ship now, along with four total sets of my GP megs for the V7 III (brushed and polished, black would be ~5 days extra). All on the online Store; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/category/exhaust/v7-small-block/?min_price=597&max_price=1650 -- we have the proto done for the V7 III & V9 full system done, and I will show it off here soon.

GTRxExh V7IIIR 2 1

I have five (5) full 2>1 & 2:2 systems for the '11-16 V7 I-II in stock (Store tab above), and will have the same ready for the V7 III & V9 in one more week - I'll put them online when done and post here. My V7 III 2>1 system shown below on my Racer III 820R requires evap cann removal, which my system will come with a new frame cross tube (shown in pic below with my clamp if you zoom in), with the evap cann holder bracket removed.

IMG 2220

I also have a few pair of my slip-on V7 III mufflers in stock in brushed stainless. Mirror polished or black cerakoted as shown below available but will take 3-5 days extra to ship.

IMG 1838

IMG 1739

As of yesterday I have finally installed my 2>1, and taken it out for a test ride.

All I can say is GOOD LORD. As soon as I fired it up my eyes got big, the sound on this system is absolutely superb!
The ride was excellent; the system + reflash put the power exactly where it needed to be. I feel like I have a completely different bike. The added weight reduction and performance from the 2>1 totally transformed how my ride handles. Very, VERY happy with the exhaust. It definitely gets you noticed, I had neighbors come outside to check out where the sound was coming from. :cool: Lots of wows all round.

Extra special thanks to Todd for the all the support!!

If you are even thinking about getting this system, just go for it. You'll be glad you did.

As of yesterday I have finally installed my 2>1, and taken it out for a test ride. All I can say is GOOD LORD.
Heh, excellent! And my pleasure.
I have four of these on the shelf, and we are finishing up the full 2>1 for the Mk III this week. Brushed megs shown below with weld coloring. The black version has the coloring on the end only like shown above, and the polished is mirror-like from head to tail.

DBEA0A25 8D0B 4CB7 A5A4 44CD8CCAA43D

As of yesterday I have finally installed my 2>1, and taken it out for a test ride.

All I can say is GOOD LORD. As soon as I fired it up my eyes got big, the sound on this system is absolutely superb!
The ride was excellent; the system + reflash put the power exactly where it needed to be. I feel like I have a completely different bike. The added weight reduction and performance from the 2>1 totally transformed how my ride handles. Very, VERY happy with the exhaust. It definitely gets you noticed, I had neighbors come outside to check out where the sound was coming from. :cool: Lots of wows all round.

If you are even thinking about getting this system, just go for it. You'll be glad you did.

Haha. I jumped up and down the first time I heard my 2:1. I had done so much research and was so nervous about trying to get the perfect sound for the bike. I really didn't believe it when I heard it.

Haha. I jumped up and down the first time I heard my 2:1. I had done so much research and was so nervous about trying to get the perfect sound for the bike. I really didn't believe it when I heard it.
When I installed mine it was the middle of a cold Wisconsin winter and my bike was in my living room. Yeah I fired it up

Back