• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Feedback on exhaust/muffler options for V7iii..?

Maj Steve Trevor

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
As posted on the registry page, I just got my brand new V7 Anniversario, and of course am immediately thinking of possible mods. One thing I will want to do for sure, though perhaps not until after winter storage, is to switch out the pipes for something a bit smaller and bit louder.

I am sort of a goldilocks when it comes to sound -- not too hard, not too soft. I'd like something a bit louder/throatier than stock, but not something too loud. So I am interested in opinions from anyone who has or has heard in person any of the following -- where would they fit on the scale of "stock to super-loud"? Some have various models I know, so feel free to stipulate.

I have watched many videos I should say, which are helpful for sure, but hard to know how true to life the sound is. Thanks!

Main options seem to be:
Guzzitech (really like the GP Megs)
Agostini (shorty)
Mistral
Zard
Baak

Again, looking for something in the middle probably, throaty and cool sounding, without being ear-busting.

Oh, and I should say, feel free to factor in baffles or no-baffles. I suspect what I am looking for is one of those above but with baffles...

I fitted a set of the Agostini mufflers purchased through GT to Racer, these:

476239 3319 thickbox

With the db-killers in, they make a lovely, deep sound with a little bit of the NASCAR stock car edge when you rev them and are not overly loud. I wouldn't run them without the db-killers: they'd become too loud. AND they're FAR lighter than the stock mufflers, you can feel this immediately when you ride. The bike becomes less tail -heavy and loses a little bit of propensity to wallow over undulating pavement; it also turns more crisply without the sensation of the tail wagging.

I'm sure they make a set just like them for the Anniversario model with the right color and hangers.

One thing I will want to do ... is to switch out the pipes for something a bit smaller and bit louder ; ...something a bit louder/throatier than stock, but not something too loud.

The GuzziTech GP Megs are very nice looking; especially as shown in the Store on the Anniversario. You can't go wrong with those.
However, I would hands-down recommend the GuzziTech 2>1 system.

I have the GT 2>1 on my bike, and the sound is wonderful. It is louder than stock, louder than many other aftermarket slip-ons, but it is by no means 'super-loud' or 'ear-busting'.

I have not heard the 2>1 on a V7 III. It's very pleasant on a V7 / V7 II. It could be louder on a V7 III.
My exhaust became noticeably louder when I switched from the stock 2V Heron heads to the GT 4V heads - but that's to be expected: more flow = more sound.
Since the V7 III 2V hemi heads seem to be more efficient than the traditional 2V Herons, my guess would be that the 2>1 on a V7 III would be right at the limits of what you consider "Loud", without crossing over to the realm of "LOUD!!!" ;)

I have watched many videos I should say, which are helpful for sure, but hard to know how true to life the sound is. Thanks!

No. You can't tell what the exhausts really sound like from YouTube videos, so this is a good question to ask.

FWIW - I would not even consider the BAAK shortie system. That one definitely falls into the " T O O _ L O U D !!!!! " category

Last edited:
The GuzziTech GP Megs are very nice looking; especially as shown in the Store on the Anniversario. You can't go wrong with those.
However, I would hands-down recommend the GuzziTech 2>1 system.

I have the GT 2>1 on my bike, and the sound is wonderful. It is louder than stock, louder than many other aftermarket slip-ons, but it is by no means 'super-loud' or 'ear-busting'.

I have not heard the 2>1 on a V7 III. It's very pleasant on a V7 / V7 II. It could be louder on a V7 III.
My exhaust became noticeably louder when I from the stock 2V Heron heads to the GT 4V heads - but that's to be expected: more flow = more sound.
Since the V7 III 2V hemi heads seems to be more efficient than the traditional 2V Herons, my guess would be that the 2>1 on a V7 III would be right at the limits of what you consider "Loud", without crossing over to the realm of "LOUD!!!" ;)

No. You can't tell what the exhausts really sound like from YouTube videos, so this is a good question to ask.

FWIW - I would not even consider the BAAK shortie system. That one definitely falls into the " T O O _ L O U D !!!!! " category

Thanks very much, I appreciate all this good info. And I will add to the list of possibles the GT 2 to 1.

Curious though that you would put the Baak pipes on the LOUD end of the spectrum, my impression being that they'd be somewhere in the middle. Though of course just based on videos and the description Baak gives on their site: "This line isn't a vulgar noise absorption part, it includes exhaust baffles that will provide a deeper sound without damaging the bike's performances. The sound provided is reasonably lound (less than 100 Db), and there is no resonance." Have you heard them in person..? In any case, not sure I like how they'd look on the Anniversario..

Curious though that you would put the Baak pipes on the LOUD end of the spectrum,
Have you heard them in person..? In any case, not sure I like how they'd look on the Anniversario..

No. I have not heard them in person.

There is someone who posted on the GT V7/V9 Forum about the BAAK pipes. (Someone in Las Vegas, maybe???)
Anyway, I remember him saying that they are VERY loud.
Probably best to find the thread and shoot him a message if you really like the BAAK pipes.

I think he also posted a video or two of the BAAK pipes on his V7.

There's at least one link to a video with the BAAK exhaust on an V7
https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/aftermarket-exhausts.16717/#post-124944

It's not the one I was thinking of, but there's one there. ;)

Ah yes, this thread was very helpful. I think I will probably knock the Baak off the list. The guy does say they are very loud, louder than the video makes it seem. Also, I think that extra short style looks good on the Racer but may not on the Anniversario.. it's not clear to me if the GT megs have removable baffles/db killers or not, but I will check with Todd and find out if I get serious about them. They do seem like a very good option.

I'm pleased with the Mistral shorty's. Threads on exhaust, tire, oil, are very subjective. Of course we all love the one we spent our hard earned on, to do otherwise would be blasphemy.

Paul

I picked the Agostini mufflers on two/three counts:
  • I was familiar with them used on other Moto Guzzis; I liked the sound they made.
  • The more traditional, longer upswept shape appeals to me more than the (likely more efficient) shorty look or 2->1 look.
  • I felt confident that there are enough of them around that a good map should be quite doable with them.
They're a little shorter than the OEM V7III Racer mufflers: they look just right, to my eye. The two of them together in the shipping box weigh less than ONE of the OEM mufflers, which means a lot in terms of the bike's handling dynamics. And I love the way they sound (dB-killers in; I suspect that with dB-killers out, they'd be louder than I prefer).

Racer runs very well with both GT's dedicated map for them as well as with GT's customized map for the OEM mufflers. (I haven't tried them with the OEM map.) There are some differences between the running behavior with the two maps; I'm working with GT to see if a slightly tweaked combination of the two maps might produce an even better end result for my personal predilections. But I'm delighted with them even as is. :D

Thanks for the post.
I have a video online here on the RentAGuzzi V7/820-R with the 2>1 pipe and GP meg. It is far quieter than the 2>1 with 12" muffler for the V7 I-II I offering, simply because it's a ~18" muffler vs. 12".

it's not clear to me if the GT megs have removable baffles/db killers or not, but I will check with Todd and find out if I get serious about them.
The GT-Rx/GTM GP Megs have non-removable db-killers by default, as the sound is about perfect with them in... a touch on the louder side as opposed to the competition with their db-killers in. I can and have built some by special order without db-killers for the few that have wanted them loud.

I will again add, the reason I created the GT-Rx exhaust line, is that I tired of constantly repairing and replacing all of the big name brands. If you ride often, consider this fact as the others will fail in time, i.e. bracket welds, rivet cracks around the muffler bodies, etc.

Thanks for the post.
I have a video online here on the RentAGuzzi V7/820-R with the 2>1 pipe and GP meg. It is far quieter than the 2>1 with 12" muffler for the V7 I-II I offering, simply because it's a ~18" muffler vs. 12".

The GT-Rx/GTM GP Megs have non-removable db-killers by default, as the sound is about perfect with them in... a touch on the louder side as opposed to the competition with their db-killers in. I can and have built some by special order without db-killers for the few that have wanted them loud.

I will again add, the reason I created the GT-Rx exhaust line, is that I tired of constantly repairing and replacing all of the big name brands. If you ride often, consider this fact as the others will fail in time, i.e. bracket welds, rivet cracks around the muffler bodies, etc.

Thanks for chiming in Todd. Good to get this info. I am thinking that your GP Megs w/built in db-killers will be just the thing for my Anniversario. But I am just about out of riding season here, and have not yet even reached my first service yet. So probably will wait until spring (March or so) before doing modifications. But sooner or later, I will be in touch -- not only about the exhaust but no doubt other things as well!

Thanks for chiming in Todd. Good to get this info. I am thinking that your GP Megs w/built in db-killers will be just the thing for my Anniversario. But I am just about out of riding season here, and have not yet even reached my first service yet. So probably will wait until spring (March or so) before doing modifications. But sooner or later, I will be in touch -- not only about the exhaust but no doubt other things as well!
Winter in the perfect time to do any mods. Park the bike in the living room and pick away at it (still can't believe my wife was ok with that).

Winter in the perfect time to do any mods. Park the bike in the living room and pick away at it (still can't believe my wife was ok with that).

My first wife & I both enjoyed riding & building bikes & small block Chevy's.
It was not unusual for a Guzzi or a BSA to be parked in the house & a 327 Chev engine in various stages of being built.

It was always a giggle when we met new people & I would hear her tell them:
"Our house is decorated in Early American with Italian accents".
More fun when they came to visit.

Unfortunately I have no garage, no driveway, and a tiny house, so my bikes go into winter storage for two and a half months or so. Otherwise several times a year a snow plow would be dumping a couple feet onto my new Anniversario...

Back