• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

guess this road......

Whoa!

Point of order!

You have to at least guess the previous road before posting your own stumper.

I might have cut you some slack, Ian, if you'd at least helped out in my AWOL fastener question, https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/name-that-hose-awol-fastener.18019/#post-138095

Oh, speaking of points, Point of Ayre, Isle of Man, right? :giggle:

As for mine no one seemed to know (or care :*) ... L218 near Sigmaringen in the Donauthal in SW Germany.

Have at it with another, Ian. :clap:

Best from (Atlanta for a few more days, then back home to) the top of Virginia,

Bill

Is this thread up and running, again? Very good. Bill--I saw your Germany post and thought I'd at least name the country if not the road (for the paint scheme on the road, which somewhat defines where it is).

It might be a softball, but here we go... I took this shot just a few years ago. Name it.

photo594.JPG

^^^^

Yes, a gimme, but nice. Would love to go there some day. And, Man, Isle wish I could go to 10% of the places Daniel has gone. :clap:

I'll leave that one to someone else. And, even though I have gotten no credit for Point of Ayres :cry:, I will admit that my offering --
https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/guess-this-road.6166/page-20#post-137836-- was way too hard.

That said, predictably, Daniel stuck it within the right country. My pic was taken last September during our visit to German relatives in Wurmlingen in SW Germany. We got a grand windshield tour of the Donautal and surrounding area. As I recall, that road is Storzinger Strasse L218 near Sigmaringen. Gorgeous part of our planet. Wish I'd been on two wheels.

Best,

Bill

well, then... I think there are just five folks following this thread (California, Arizona, Virginia, U.K, and Kansas) and this photo isn't from any of those places, but it's pretty well known, so I hope you might get it anyway. I took this in September; name it:

photo0444.JPG

Ah; Bill has discovered the secret to a vast amount of meta-data that is attached to all my photographs. Quite right, Bill; that's cheating...

Romania is perhaps too far out of bounds, so let's try this much easier one...

- the center and edge road paint tells you it must be in the U.S.
- the grapes with the distant yellow grass tells you it must be California.
- name the road (bonus for the name of that mountain in front of you)

photo0014.JPG

Romania is perhaps too far out of bounds, so let's try this much easier one...

- the center and edge road paint tells you it must be in the U.S.
- the grapes with the distant yellow grass tells you it must be California.
- name the road (bonus for the name of that mountain in front of you)

photo0014.JPG

How about two buck Chuck Blvd. (almost empty glass in front of me know)
so you see how this winter crap is affecting me!

unfortunately still in Ga. Winter sucks here.
Looks like the one near the Roosevelt reservoir that starts heading up into the mountains. I don't have a map near me but I think it's #88 then it turns North as 288. a few miles in it says "pavement ends" but it doesn't for about 20 mile of the prettiest scenery in Az. No traffic!

it's just about twenty-five miles west of Green Valley, heading west on the way to Kitt Peak.

Arivaca rd. known as the five C's. for it's cows, cars, cops, curves and chuck holes.
this pic looks to be West of Arivaca heading towards Sasabee. of course it could be N. on 286 heading towards 86 and Kitt peak. that's the interesting thing about Az. it all looks the same and yet different at the same time.
Don't miss the Arivaca coffee shop especially on Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings. a most diverse group of "old codger" motorcyclists. you will get all the armchair advice and racing you can stand. just look for the old CB antenna and pull in there.

Arivaca rd. known as the five C's. for it's cows, cars, cops, curves and chuck holes.
this pic looks to be West of Arivaca heading towards Sasabee. of course it could be N. on 286 heading towards 86 and Kitt peak. that's the interesting thing about Az. it all looks the same and yet different at the same time.
Don't miss the Arivaca coffee shop especially on Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings. a most diverse group of "old codger" motorcyclists. you will get all the armchair advice and racing you can stand. just look for the old CB antenna and pull in there.

Impressive.

Oh, Steve, as you aren't in Atlanta this time of year, you aren't required to use words like "diverse" in every paragraph. ;)

Oops. Just saw you are still in Georgia. Never mind. :giggle:

Now, of course, it's your turn to keep the "few, we happy few, we band of brothers" who follow this thread challenged with a posted pic of some delightful piece of paved (or unpaved) moto-road.

Do well.

Best,

Bill

Impressive.

Oh, Steve, as you aren't in Atlanta this time of year, you aren't required to use words like "diverse" in every paragraph. ;)

Oops. Just saw you are still in Georgia. Never mind. :giggle:

Now, of course, it's your turn to keep the "few, we happy few, we band of brothers" who follow this thread challenged with a posted pic of some delightful piece of paved (or unpaved) moto-road.

Do well.
DSC01365
Best,

Bill
You have no idea what a challenge that is for me. I am the reverse of you and Daniel. I stop at a pull off and take a scenery pic every couple of days that never has a road in it. However my ugly mug with a cigar hanging out of it and a river or a lake running through my brain is common. next I never mark them for location or year.
But seeing as what is coming up next is for sure of my 2014 super blue II Goldwing trip and I found this spot so intriguing I remember snapping pics in every direction. so I will do 1 a day, or maybe a week until somebody gets it right.
Oh and before you ask super blue 1 was a 1954 buick painted with Chevelle Marina blue paint and 3 is of course the 2017 blue special V7 III.

Back