• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New 1400s any known issues before I buy an elderado?

I could not agree more with groundhog's comments, I know nothing of Rexxer or their products but I do know Todd's system works and the fact that posts regarding issues of other manufacturers or competitors products is allowed shows the calibre of the man.

Still have cash lying around waiting to be spent but no Eldo?
I was all set to go as there are 3 heavily discounted 2016 bikes for sale here in Melbourne but decided to take a cali for a test ride first and came away very confused.I like the look of the Eldorado more than any bike I have seen or owned in a 44 years of riding but was totally underwhelmed with it's performance assuming it's the same as the Cali and have just been sitting on the fence ever since.Every time I look at it I want it and then think of the test ride impressions and think I will regret buying it!
I keep thinking if I spend the money for an exhaust upgrade and remap as per GT-Rx this may eliminate my main concerns which where a lack of low down grunt(torque)and generally felt under powered for a 1400.
I also did not like the rubbery feeling idle vibration that was in stark contrast to the smoothness of the motor once the revs rise above idle.
The bike I test rode had agostini's with the baffles out and was in full power mode.I did not get a long test ride and all was in the city but still the over all impression was under powered and no low down grunt.
Does the GT-Rx upgrades make a big difference compared to stock because I really want to talk myself into this bike!

I have a 2013 Touring. In stock form, I was disappointed with the 'blocked vacuum cleaner' exhaust note and soft performance. The combination of the GT-Rx fuelling package and full exhaust system has allowed the engine to sing. Acceleration is much stronger across the range. The exhausts are 'righteous' at idle, but amazingly, subdued at cruise, which is perfect. The engine does pull well at low revs, but it gives its best when allowed to spin up. It is not a lugger. I find the Touring to be a great bike in the city (but I rarely ride there) but a city test ride will not give you many clues as to the bike's potential. The engine is rubber mounted, too. Makes for a silky smooth cruise.

Stephen

I am not sure what your expectations are with the Eldorao, but I have a friend with one and he can stay with my 1400 Custom model. Was the bike in Veloce mapping? Sounds more like it was in Rain mode as the 1400's have ocean's of torque and will go like a bat out of hell. In Rain mode however, the power is reduced significatly. As for the " rubber feeling " below 3,000 rpm, that my friend is engineered into the computer to emulate the Harley-Davidson shake. As you noted, it totally disappears above the 3k mark. I have been riding for some 57 years now & have gone through 40+ bikes. The 1400 is the pick of the lot as far as I am concerned. It handles well, and honestly I have no desire what so ever to add to the bikes performance right out of the box. If you go back for a test ride, make sure the mapping is in Veloce and I think you will come away with a totally different opinion about the bike. Good luck!

All I can say is I've had/have powerful motorcycles, and the Eldorado is not underpowered. It doesn't have Harley grunt; the power is a bit further up the rev range. It also doesn't die in the midrange like a stock Harley. You have to make sure it's in Veloce mode. Cycle World has the 0-60 at 3.7 seconds and the quarter mile at 12.48 sec bone stock. That's not exactly a slow motorcycle. My FZ1 can post better numbers but only if I rev the piss out of it. My sense riding the Eldorado is that it's very entertaining. Of course everything is subjective.

I may have to see if I can get another test ride as something does not seem right.I am sure I had this bike in veloce mode and I rode a Ducati gt1000 with a 2 into 1 and appropriate Ecu upgrade that has arm stretching bottom end and mid range thrust over to the dealer to test ride Cali so maybe my expectations were to high as that is hardly an apple vs Apple s comparison.I also rode a Bellagio the day before and it was very impressive but just too small and not cruiser enough for the type of touring I want to do.I would be most please to find I was in rain mode as this is starting to make more sense after reading these replies!

Rain mode knocks the power down. The difference between Turismo and Veloce is simply snappier response in Veloce. Power output is the same. I find Veloce twitchy. The GT-Rx package is another level altogether.

Stephen

I bought a new 2016 Eldorado last May. I have almost 9,000 miles on it now. I have Todd's fueling system on it but it still has stock exhausts. It runs really well and has PLENTY of power. I have ridden it clear across the USA and back. I can't say enough positive things about it. It's a great motorcycle and Todd is a great ownership asset. Garwood.

The difference between Turismo and Veloce is simply snappier response in Veloce. Power output is the same. I find Veloce twitchy.

Same here. I ride in Turismo all the time. Have tried Veloce but the throttle is just too snatchy when turning the grip ... only difference is that initial input.

Same here. I ride in Turismo all the time. Have tried Veloce but the throttle is just too snatchy when turning the grip ... only difference is that initial input.
Hey Guzzi_Lou - what model year is your 1400? I know when they initially came out, the press picked up on the snatchy Veloce response and Guzzi responded with a fix. My 2016 model year Audace seems to exhibit very little difference between Tourismo and Veloce during the initial opening, so little in fact that I only ever use Pioggia and Veloce.

All that is different between the map modes is the amount of power delivered to the rear wheel. The factory update turned down the power in Veloce... which does not deliver even ~85% at wide open throttle. I deliver 100% throttle in Veloce from ~50% throttle up on my maps.

Hey Guzzi_Lou - what model year is your 1400? I know when they initially came out, the press picked up on the snatchy Veloce response and Guzzi responded with a fix. My 2016 model year Audace seems to exhibit very little difference between Tourismo and Veloce during the initial opening, so little in fact that I only ever use Pioggia and Veloce.

Hey Paul. Mine's a 2014 and I did have the software updated at the dealer a year or 2 back but I didn't notice any change in that area.

I'm still contemplating getting Todd's fueling but our CAD exchange is so horrible right now that I'd have to pay a 30% premium.

You think your premium is bad try living in New Zealand. $US1 = $ NZ1.42 at present. Also add in freight cost to the ends of the earth.

I only run Veleco and find it’s totally useable in all conditions including the rain we get,which seems forever sometimes. But we do get to ride all year round.

Found a huge difference after investing in Todd’s setup and it definitely smoothed out throttle response. And more acceleration kick and more controllable.

Although I have seen the Traction light come on numerous times.
Must be the way I ride it. Also turned traction control down to 1. Brought up with 70’s bikes where you learnt to ignore what the rear end was doing.

Sometimes you just need to bite the bullet. And make the investment. Cant imagine going back.

Hey Paul. Mine's a 2014 and I did have the software updated at the dealer a year or 2 back but I didn't notice any change in that area.

I'm still contemplating getting Todd's fueling but our CAD exchange is so horrible right now that I'd have to pay a 30% premium.

I hear you - maybe for my next birthday present (and when the snow melts). I know all the talk here about throttle response and smoothness is highly subjective, but I really can't tell much difference between the two full power modes, Tourismo and Veloce - yeah it's there if you go looking for it, but it's not something I can really discern when "just riding". I wonder if the Euro-4 set up on my bike has made any kind of difference - you'd think there would be a different map at the very least.

Although I have seen the Traction light come on numerous times.

The light will come in if your wheels are rotating at different speeds (after the difference in circumference is calculated).

Basically, you're probably spinning the rear, even tho' you don't realize it. I see my traction light flickering occasionally too. Just a gentle reminder of what''s going on between the tyres and the road. You would have been doing it in the 70's too, no traction light then.

And rubbish handling compared to the 1400.

Now next prority is to get the front end sorted then new shocks for the rear after that.

Back