• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Seat cowlings and windscreens interchangeable on V7 racers..?

Maj Steve Trevor

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
I am looking at a 2015 V7II racer, but like most folks it seems am not sure about those racing numbers on a non-racing bike. But I like the chrome tank, and I like having a seat cowling and windscreen. I know various options are available for windscreen replacement (including Dart screens). But I am wondering if it is possible to replace them on the 2015 Racer with the cowling and/or screen from the 2016 V7II or the 2017 V7III...? Anyone know if there is any interchangeability between the years, and if so how available those parts are..? Thanks.

Bolt on screen assy. The Racer seat uses the brackets for the cowling that the other model 2-seaters don't have. Anything is possible though.

Bolt on screen assy. The Racer seat uses the brackets for the cowling that the other model 2-seaters don't have. Anything is possible though.

Thanks for the response, but I am afraid it's a little cryptic to me... Is the first line that the bolt on screen is "easy"..? Meaning that a screen from one of the newer Racer models will indeed just bolt on to the 2015 model..? And with regard to the second line, do you mean that seat cowls are indeed interchangeable between years, but not with two-seater models..? To be clear, the former is what I am asking, not the latter. Thanks!

Assy = assembly. I will double check this evening for you.
The Racer seat has bolt holes in the seat pan for the cowl brackets. All other seats do not.

The V7III Racer screen bolts onto the headlight support ears. It might not fit earlier year bikes because the headlight on the III models has a different position for the mounting holes on the headlight unit; the shape of the bottom of the screen may not match the curve of previous year headlights, or the mounts may need modification.

The Racer seat has special brackets for the cowling, and the back of the seat is humped, cafe racer style. But you can use other model seats on the II and III interchangeably: I take the cowl off normally and use the single seat, but I also have a Comfort Gel dual seat that swaps on for travel purposes (to give me a place to put a bag).

Last edited:
The V7III Racer screen bolts onto the headlight support ears. It might not fit earlier year bikes because the headlight on the III models has a different position for the mounting holes on the headlight unit; the shape of the bottom of the screen may not match the curve of previous year headlights, or the mounts may need modification.

The Racer seat has special brackets for the cowling, and the back of the seat is humped, cafe racer style. But you can use other model seats on the II and III interchangeably: I take the cowl off normally and use the single seat, but I also have a Comfort Gel dual seat that swaps on for travel purposes ( to give me a place to put a bag).

Thanks Godfrey. Do you happen to know if just the cowlings are switchable on the Racers?

Looking in the parts books: The Racer seat cowling and its brackets are essentially the same parts on all Racer models from 2013 to 2017, but the V7III Racer seat cowling is available bare (like the others) or fully finished with the decals installed.

Note that the number plates are an integrated part of the seat cowling ... they don't bolt on separately.

(Now personally, if I put the cowling back onto my Racer, I'll strip the OEM decals off, paint the oval white, not silver/aluminum, and put a number on it. Then it makes sense as a design/style element to me. A big silver oval with a red line around it and the Moto Guzzi logo seems out of place as a number plate... :))

Looking in the parts books: The Racer seat cowling and its brackets are essentially the same parts on all Racer models from 2013 to 2017, but the V7III Racer seat cowling is available bare (like the others) or fully finished with the decals installed.

Note that the number plates are an integrated part of the seat cowling ... they don't bolt on separately.

(Now personally, if I put the cowling back onto my Racer, I'll strip the OEM decals off, paint the oval white, not silver/aluminum, and put a number on it. Then it makes sense as a design/style element to me. A big silver oval with a red line around it and the Moto Guzzi logo seems out of place as a number plate... :))

Thanks. Are the parts books online..? Or literal books..?

Todd has a few parts books available in the Downloads section. But for the V7 III models, I've found them easily available from the AF1Racing site that my dealer pointed me to.

I always like to have parts books for my bike and all similar models at my disposal ... They let me evaluate compatibility and see how things are oriented much more easily than just the service manuals. :)

The Racer seat has special brackets for the cowling, and the back of the seat is humped, cafe racer style. But you can use other model seats on the II and III interchangeably: I take the cowl off normally and use the single seat, but I also have a Comfort Gel dual seat that swaps on for travel purposes (to give me a place to put a bag).

I found something that surprised me this evening. I was working on the fitment of the Comfort Gel seat and my U bag. I had both the monoposto saddle and the Gel seat upside down on the kitchen counter and ... the threaded bosses in the motoposto saddle are there in exactly the same locations in the Gel seat base. This means that you could fit the cowling/number plates even over a dual seat, at least the Comfort Gel seat.

I guess they just go for the economy of one production line making all the seat bases, and put the threaded bossed in no matter what. ??

Back